Season 1 Mission 23 - Bug when sending the email

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Onesmy, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Onesmy

Onesmy Active Agent

Hello,

I have a problem with the beginning of the 1st part of the 23rd mission of the 1st season, and according to this thread I'm not the only one. It seems to have started fairly recently according to the times of the posts mentioning this problem. Details are at the end in an easy-to-read format.

Thank you in advance for reading this post!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

In this mission, it is required to send an e-mail to a certain person. I sent the e-mail yesterday (2nd April) a bit before 9 pm in a time zone at GMT/UTC - 4, but our dear friend seemed to dislike it enough to ignore me. I thought it might just be a temporary problem, but it seems that it wasn't the case since my last e-mail ended up having the same result today. I tried using key words related to the mission just in case but I'm not sure this is necessary since the mission thread doesn't mention it in the first spoiler (so the e-mail content shouldn't be a problem).

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Compact form:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Family Edition, 64bits
    Version of the game: Version Master - 8.13
    When it has begun: 2nd April at 8:54 (GMT/UTC - 4) in the evening, that is more or less 23h ago.
    How/when does the issue happen: Sending an e-mail leads to no reply from our dear trader friend, even after waiting a few hours.
    AV name: The free version of Avast Anti-Virus, version 17.2.2288. It recently started adding a beautiful signature to my emails to ensure the recipients I'm not sending them free viruses, so this might (?) be relevant.

More information about this problem:

I sent the e-mail from a gmail e-mail address.

The e-mail address that was given to me was:

I tried using keywords related to the mission with no success.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  2. Repix

Repix New Agent

I have not received a response from the mail and I have already sent two.
    In addition, the link to the IRC logs shows only one image, nothing to download and no menu to view the logs.
    Thank you.

3. ArcticMonk

ArcticMonk New Agent

Hi, I would just like to add that I am having problems as well. Similar to what is stated above.

4. R4Ki

R4Ki Active Agent

hi fellow agents,

I, too, have the same problem regarding emails : tried several emails with keywords variations... no reply. dunno if it's a tech problem or something i missed.

PS: correct answer stil lappears to be VALID.

5. Onesmy

Onesmy Active Agent

Hello!

Thank you R4Ki, I edited the first post of the thread. Thank you for the correction!

6. evamouse1

evamouse1 New Agent

I'm having the same problem. No response to the email, when previous email responses came instantly.

7. codex-13

codex-13 Archivist

Can confirm this email isn't triggering correctly. I'll bring it up to Anashel et al. In the meantime, if you want to progress in the puzzle feel free to message me directly and I will copy paste the email contents to you.

Onesmy likes this.
  8. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master Staff Member

Working on fixing the issue now. Sorry for the problem, it will be fixed shortly.

EDIT: The problem is fixed. The following spoiler reveals the fix. It will NOT spoil the puzzle at all, just the process of delivery.

There was an issue with the email account's responses, so we've taken the information and put it directly into the game. All the text is the same and the puzzle still functions the same way, there is simply no longer an email conversation with O.Brien.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  9. zaelong

zaelong Division-79

RIP O.Brien :'(