Say It Isn't So... Capt Patrick 32yrs Old

Discussion in 'General' started by Sonne, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

An odd introduction to Capt Patrick in Update 20.

I wish we had something more definitive about the axe delivery gal.
    What I can see: Black shoes match the black axe, Axe seems new or well cared for (probably new as she doesn't care about dragging it), Finger nails painted approx the same colour as the short cloak (a little pinker i think), Ring with large uniformly white tear-shaped stone in gold coloured setting. Maybe 5'5" tall, 120lbs (55kg) (camera angles & heels make size estimate difficult). Nothing definitive about location, no license plates. signs. door numbers.

I hope he hasn't decided to quit Div-42 and this is his severance package.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. La-souris

La-souris Active Agent

Little Red Riding Hood...

3. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

Gladys will be so, so sad....

5 people like this.
  4. Kle

Kle Senior Agent

Maybe it's just me but I'm not so sure we've seen the last of him. Why introduce a dead man? Especially one who we already know...

It's the woman that intrigues me the most. What sort of person whould walk through a quiet suburb dragging an axe behind them. It doesn't say subtle! Anyone would think she wanted to get caught!

5. Artos

Artos Senior Agent

Very interesting. Something tells me we'll be seeking out the identity of little miss axe-wielding riding hood very very soon.

6. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

He's not dead I refuse to believe it.

Hypothetically though, if he were dead, which he's not, Is wonder if Gwen went through with her threats after having Msika returned in the state she's in, driven by madness to do something that didn't happen.

Also, following this, I hope that Gladys would take the axe and do further, violent, terrible, gruesome hypothetical things to our hypothetical mystery woman, which she won't. Because he's not dead.

5 people like this.
  7. Artos

Artos Senior Agent

Good points Nikel. If, in fact, he was dead which we have already established in the previous post that he is not we would need a lot more to go on than some high heel wearing, hooded axe wielding female wandering around at night through suburbia ringing doorbells and getting us all worked up.

I'll go out on a limb and say Nikel is likely right in refusing to accept the death of Capt. Patrick. Why intro a dead man...unless the manner in which he hypothetically died (which he CLEARLY didn't) has some great significance. But...since he's still alive that hardly has any relevance.

8. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Unless, of course, the previous mission was written so it would be a (hidden) choice; Msika or Cpt. Patrick.

For all we know, it could very well be that it was Cpt. Patrick who was the cause for Msika's capture in the first place - which would also link nicely with the "Traitor among you" - something that is yet unresolved.
    After all, that's what 'professional' traitors do; they don't stay on the sidelines unnoticed, they incorporate themselves so deeply into the organisation, that people will go to great lengths for them. Say, for example, so far as to refuse to accept their deaths, let alone look at them as a possible traitor.

Which would also explain why Msika (or whomever - may be someone who suspect him and finally got confirmation from Msika on the matter) didn't go the official route in disposing of Cpt. Patrick; they knew that as much as he supposedly cared for those under him, those under him cared for him - and by the time we'd be convinced, far more severe consequences would likely have occured.

Of course, my ruminations in these regards do not remove me from hoping his death is a premature conclusion - despite my hopes for him still being alive will differ in nature, depending on whether or not the notion mentioned above is the case or not.

5 people like this.
  9. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

*wanders through in a black cloak* he's deeeeeeeeaaaaaad.....

10. riningear

riningear Division-79

Could just be Gwen pissed off that her wife disappeared for two years and is nearly mentally gone, or Msika pissed off and officially gone ballistic.

2 people like this.
  11. Myridean

Myridean Gold Member

You know the drill: Pics or it didn't happen :p

12. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

5158523.jpg
    How's that??? :p

5 people like this.
  13. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

Something came to me at work today: What if our axe-wielding Ms Ridinghood is not a bringer of Capt Patrick's demise. What if our axe-wielding Ms Ridinghood, her real name is now Capt Wilhelmina Patrick (William died in surgery). Stranger things have happened, just sayin'.

Alright - it was a slow day at work.

By the way - see the new posts on Vimeo about Mission 5: Alpha, Beta & Delta Sites?

14. Artos

Artos Senior Agent

Yep. Watched the video again. And again. And again. I won't say how many times or you all will accuse me of staring at static again. In all the times I watched, and paused and gazed....I got nothing. Just thought I'd share.

On a side note...Yes MoPono I have seen the vids on mission. Tasty stuff.

15. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

I only saw it 5 times, the fifth was frame-by-frame. At normal speed I was seeing flashes like an extra frame inserted - but no.

There are two spots where she seems to jump ahead into the future a fractional second. Once she jumps across the white painted stop line, the other she seems to jump past the curb to the sidewalk. It looks like on one frame she is one side of the line, the next frame on the other. Both are where there are barriers/boundaries to passage, like people who don't step on cracks in the sidewalk or vampires who can't cross a portal without an invite. The only other such barrier/boundary is the door.

I at first thought the ring might be opal or ivory but there are no colour flickers like opal or yellow tint like ivory. I now tend to think it is white jade.

2 people like this.
  16. Artos

Artos Senior Agent

I noticed the skipping ahead too as I am sure everyone else did. I tried to shrug it off as meaningless but then you had to go and mention it and now I'm pondering as well. Back to the vid I go! Why can't I leave things alone??? ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  17. Balmoth

Balmoth Active Agent

Was the captain a cheerleader ? No ? Then he is alive. Only cheerleaders tend to die in this universe

2 people like this.
  18. riningear

riningear Division-79

Oh, I don't know if it was mentioned in this thread.

I inquired Div-66 about this in IRC, and they basically said that he's missing, but the amount of blood found at the scene is NOT a good indicator by any means.

It's very likely he's dead, but his body is missing, which is probably the worst part of it.

19. XerTaLT

XerTaLT Active Agent

Uhm, agents, dont you get it? My best friend, capt. Patrick is the best actor of the universe of the Black Watchmen. Remember that! He is alive, very alive. The one and only one question is - Why did he fake his own death?

20. Artos

Artos Senior Agent

Then it looks like we wait. I am sure more info will present itself.