[sandbox] Mistrust

Discussion in 'Fan & Sandbox Missions' started by IWearPants, Dec 23, 2015.

1. IWearPants

IWearPants Active Agent

This is Agent Meier reporting..

So, we have a problem. A big one..

Uhh, so, last night, I was going through some computer-code. It looked like someone had gotten into one of the Relay Servers, sort of looked around, deleted their logs and disconnected. Granted, they aren't too strongly protected; They never hold anything anyway, just receive data, send it, delete the local copy. Looks like a memory corrupt worm went through one of the ports, forced a core dump, and occupied the port while the dump occurred.

Anyway, we have a shell trap on all of our servers that I, personally, monitor. Even if the hacker could somehow chase down all the proxy servers, I still get a printed copy at my office. Don't worry, they aren't that good. Probably just a script-kiddie that came across a micro. But, uhh..

So I tracked the IP back to a home computer, nothing out of the ordinary, until I went into their web history. Whoever this is, they're paranoid. Really paranoid. There was a databank, it held a lot of raw data and images broken down into 64-bit strings. This is where.. Uhh...

They know an awful lot. They have pictures of the Rift last year, of some of the bone marrow reports. The latest image was of Agent Dylanamite trading documents. I have no doubt that their prodding at our relay servers are the start of something bigger; like they're testing the water with their toes. We need to get this under control before it escalates.

We need to mobilize some agents ASAP. I'll keep digging around in computer data and keeping an eye on our outbound servers, but.. Look, I don't want to do a whole server wipe because they'll know that we know, you know? I'm sure this isn't the only copy. I don't want to know what sort of havoc they could cause if this information went public..

... Another server port is acting up.. Meier signing out.

7 people like this.
  2. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

"Trading documents", huh? ;) We all know what those pictures REALLY were...

3. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Ssssh those are secret.

4. Lexicon4

Lexicon4 Senior Agent

Agent Meier confirmed Cybertech