Sandbox Mission!

Discussion in 'Fan & Sandbox Missions' started by Anashel, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Hi everyone!

We are pleased to announce the return of Sandbox missions, or Fan made missions, in the game! During the month of September, we will release a client update to support the ability to choose between the season 1 mission set and sandbox missions.

WHAT IS A SANDBOX MISSION
    Sandbox missions are stand alone missions created by the community or by TBW Puppet Master as a past time. They can be in the universe of TBW but they don't impact the meta narrative.

HOW TO ENROLL IN THE SANDBOX MISSION TEAM
    1. Post in this forums your mission synopsis. Be sure to include in the thread subject [SANDBOX].
    2. People will comment and vote on your mission. You must gather at least 10 votes!
    3. Me and Jarobi will review your mission and approve it for Sandbox.
    4. You will be given user level access to our Mission CMS along with a video training on how to create your mission.
    5. Once your mission is ready, it will be release to the public.

IMPORTANT THINGS TO CONSIDER
    1. Do not underestimate the time required to create a sandbox mission.
    2. Be sure you have a fluent english and the required skills to craft all the content of your mission.
    3. Take the time to read the other sandbox submissions, try to create something that is different.
    4. Be sure to playtest your puzzle mechanics with other people, to ensure they are logical and solvable.

We really hope you enjoy the return of the Sandbox missions! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2015
    13 people like this.
  2. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

This sounds like something that I'll be spending my next few months working on.
    I love it!

5 people like this.
  3. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

This kind of level-design (i consider puzzles as a subtype, in this case) could be really interesting to practice and a nice medium for storytelling, i wish good luck to every player who will try this atypic gamecraft.

4. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

This is for you all who want to do an Sandbox mission

2 people like this.
  5. Felicity

Felicity Senior Agent

What does 'mission synopsis' imply? Obviously, I don't want to just give out all the details of the mission, or that would be no fun.

Is it just a description of what one is to expect from it?

6. Anashel

Hi @Felicity !

Yes, that's it, just an overview of the mission setting /background narrative. No spoiler of course!

7. Redfly

Redfly Active Agent

Would it be possible to get an example synopsis? Just to get an idea of how much and what types of details you would like to see?

Also, when will you start accepting these?

8. ChilePete

ChilePete Guest

Just saying :D

8 people like this.
  9. Anashel

2 people like this.
  10. ChilePete

ChilePete Guest

Sorry, I had to :D
    submitted my mission synopsis.

2 people like this.
  11. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

You know what would be pretty cool? If we could upload/send files to the team to upload onto the archive.

Just a suggestion! Take it or leave it. ;D

5 people like this.
  12. Zerosh

Zerosh Sleeper Agent

THIS ^

13. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Just wondering... If there any possibility of us hiding Info Pieces in our sandbox missions?
    I thought it could be cool if the makers of the missions all decided on a certain theme that the Info Pieces would follow, and hide them in our missions just like the Season 1 ones.

5 people like this.
  14. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

Oooh! That would be so awesome!

15. ChilePete

ChilePete Guest

Any timescale on when proposed sandbox missions will be approved and authors given access to the mission CMS so we can start putting our sandbox missions together?

16. Stigmata

Stigmata Senior Agent

This.

17. LampostSamurai

LampostSamurai Active Agent

Mhm. I've got plans for this now. Just thought of something... satanically mean to do.

18. Treble

Treble Senior Agent

My submission is up, along with a teaser for those who want to try out the first puzzle.