Sandbox Hacking MMO

Discussion in 'General' started by JackTyme, Dec 8, 2019.

1. JackTyme

JackTyme Active Agent

I made a post on this forum with a similar title about 3 years ago.
    Does each Stinger O/S that each live player controls while playing NT4 have its own IP address? Or MAC Address.

If it does have these identifiers, then my next question is, can I access another players terminal from mine.

I think I know the answer to that: no, or no not at the moment.

We should be able to hack other agents. Or covertly access them or info pertaining to them in some way. I played UpLink (who on this forum hasn't haha). That game is a sandbox hacking dream, just missing the network connection between players.

There should be procedurally generated content for us to hack with our stinger O/S tool. (Maybe there is I just haven't found it yet). Hacking the hivemind part is good, but something AI generated and instant (instanced missions viable only to the player client).

My point is, we should be able to jump in and play either procedurally generated content, or hack other agents, or take part in the already awesome content A&S has already implemented.

The game from looks like it can be the best hacking **SANDBOX** ever created. It needs more sand though, box is great...just more sand.