[rtd] Night Shift

Discussion in 'Division-66' started by dylanamite, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Ravenhold

Ravenhold Senior Agent

(OOC: ^^' that's fine by me, It's good to have those two extremes in an RP. it makes things interesting. Also, I'm sorry about being overly serious. I get a little too involved in RPs. I love reading and writing about characters and the stories they're involved in.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2016
  2. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

Seeing as the other side of the door has bearwolves, and this side does not, Codex is perfectly happy to keep it firmly locked.

Finish barricading the door with the metal table, and survey the power room for supplies or anything particularly interesting.

3. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

((Nah my dude it's chill. I've been in a LOT of RTDs in the past, and "dumbass" is kind of...well a common factor among most of my characters, but there's usually someone else there being somewhat serious to balance out.))

2 people like this.
  4. Grim-Angel53

Grim-Angel53 Senior Agent

Absentmindedly pulls his tablet out of the air and begins to work a couple simple communication spells on it, occasionally tapping on his phone, ear piece, watch, and glasses. Then stands tablet up and starts watching stupid videos on it.

"Dylan, I could've done this at home, or in the Dream Realm. what's going on, other than the occasional bearwolf roaming the halls?"

5. ManyPinkHats

ManyPinkHats Active Agent

Huh. My Wet Floor Sign is glowing. That's not something Wet Floor Signs normally do, right? It must have been treated with glow-in-the-dark paint. That's clever; it allows people to avoid puddles even in the darkest of hallways.
    Consider practicality of setting up a business to sell glow-in-the-dark Wet Floor Signs, and associated paraphernalia.

6. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

All was quiet in the Southern Corridor. Agent Codex was busy barricading herself in the Power Room. Both Greenstar and ManyPinkHats were in the Janitor's closet hiding from the oncoming bearwolves. Agent Ravenhold was standing his ground - gun aimed and loaded. The puddle was still there, now with an overturned bucket laying in the middle of it.
    A roar resounded through the building and the first beast darted around the corner. It was a huge, lumbering creature, with a shaggy mane and sharp fangs protruding from either side of it's mouth. After sniffing the air, it's eyes shot towards Agent Ravenhold. (I'm using this as a reference)

[4] - Aims and waits

Agent Ravenhold stands his ground as the bearwolf notices him. He keeps the gun raised and steady, waiting for the beast to move closer. Luckily his fellow Agents are all hiding, so he doesn't have to worry about them. It's just him against the creature. He breathes and collects himself. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

[3] - Make small talk.
    [4] - Make sure the door's locked
    [4] - Search for chemicals or vent

After both dragging and being dragged into the storeroom, Agent Greenstar decides that now would be the perfect time to make some idle chat.
    "So, how's it going? That's a fancy... wet floor sign you got there." Agent ManyPinkHats seems to be ignoring his words and is instead focusing intently on the wet floor sign. Maybe this isn't the best situation for small talk. Instead, he checks the handle on the door to the closet. Yup, it's definitely locked.
    Maybe now would be a good time to investigate the room. Looking around he finds a lot of tissues, a few spare buckets and some sponges. The only chemicals in sight are cleaning products, such as bleach and glass cleaner. However, above one of the highest shelves is an air vent. Of course, there's an entire ventilation system connecting most of the rooms! That could certainly come in handy later.

[3] - Barricade
    [3] - Survey the room

Agent Codex dragged the metal table in front of the door, barricading the way into the room. Nothing could get through that now! Once she was certain she was safe, she began to inspect the room for any supplies or anything interesting. Apart from the machinery and the switches for the power and lights in the building, she couldn't find anything of use, except for a ventilation shaft in the corner of the room and the charging station for the Agency terminals, much like the one she had.

[5] - Consider glow-in-the-dark Wet Floor Sign business.

Meanwhile, Agent ManyPinkHats had been focusing on his beloved Wet Floor Sign which had been mysteriously glowing since he entered the Janitor's closet for the second time that evening. He couldn't quite seem to figure out what it meant. Perhaps it was magical? He's encountered his fair share of magical artifacts since working for the Agency. Maybe it was radioactive? That didn't seem the case though... Aha! He knew what it was! Some clever janitor must've painted it with glow-in-the-dark paint so that it could be seen even when the lights were off! What a brilliant idea! No-one wants to slip over from a wet floor, especially not when they can't see.
    He spent a while focusing on his new idea. Would he be able to market it? Perhaps sell glow-in-the-dark Wet Floor Signs? He could start a club! They could sell t-shirts! Glow in the dark ones, of course! His mind whirled with brand new ideas and he just had to tell the others about his brand new business plan.
    "Hey guys," he spoke into his comms unit. "I've just had the best idea ever."
    He continued to tell everyone about the glow-in-the-dark Wet Floor Sign and related paraphernalia he would sell. It seemed as though he momentarily had forgotten that they were under attack from a bearwolf.

(Rolls for distraction)
    Greenstar: [6] - Agent Greenstar, still fed up about his fellow closet-dweller ignoring his earlier attempt at small talk, decided he wouldn't listen to ManyPinkHat's idea as payback. He instead turned his attention to the mop he still held, which was also glowing.... Maybe he could market glow-in-the-dark mops!?
    Ravenhold: [1] - Agent Ravenhold, as professional as he was, couldn't help but become distracted by the thought of a glow-in-the-dark Wet Floor Sign. In fact, the more he thought about it, the idea just got better and better! ( -2 on next roll due to distraction.)
    Codex: [2] - Agent Codex, safely secured inside the Power Room, also found herself becoming distracted by the business pitch. She couldn't help but admit that glow-in-the-dark Wet Floor Signs were a much needed accessory. ( -1 on next roll due to distraction.)

---

Meanwhile, a jeep drove down a winding, secluded road. Four passengers sat inside, waiting to arrive at their destination. One of them, Agent Gavin Hawkins, took a sip of coffee (it was getting late. He needed something to keep him awake!) and turned to the others.
    "What was it we needed to do again?"
    Agent Baktic, a journalist hired to work for the Agency, recalled the phone conversation he'd had with someone just twenty minutes earlier...

"Hello Agent! You previously expressed interest in joining the night shift and, well, congratulations you're hired! We need you to start your first shift in... well, as soon as possible. I'll arrange transport to bring you here. Also if anyone asks, you're totally back-up and you are definitely a professional with weapons. What? No! I mean... ugh... Gotta go! See you soon!"

The other two agents sitting in the back of the Jeep were Agent Grim and Agent Steve. The former sat quietly, shuffling an old deck of cards. He seemed to be preparing himself for the night ahead. The latter, who was dressed a lot more formally than needed, sat playing on his iPhone.

Suddenly they all heard a voice through the comms units they all wore. It was some guy going on about glow-in-the-dark signs or something...

(Rolls for distraction)
    Gavin: [6] -
    Agent Gavin seemed uninterested by the strange man talking about wet floor signs. He had more important things to focus on right now. He found himself lost in his thoughts. So lost, in fact, that when the Jeep hit a bump in the road he fell out of his seat and [3] almost fell out of his seat, managing to stop himself at the last second.
    Baktic: [6] - Similarly, Agent Baktic was also totally disinterested. He took out his Peach Snapple and began to drink from it. Ahh, it tasted so good! Unfortunately, when the Jeep hit the bump [2] he spilt some of it down his shirt. Damn, not a good start to the shift.
    Grim: [2] - On the other hand Agent Grim was enthralled by the idea of glow-in-the-dark signs. He would definitely have to find whoever this man was and talk to them about his business proposal. ( -1 for distraction to next roll.)
    Steve: [5] - Agent Steve didn't let it distract him at all. He decided to instead turn his focus on the road outside the window. He was therefore the first to notice that the Jeep was slowing to a halt, and he could make out the Agency building ahead. ( +1 to next roll for preparedness)

The Jeep stopped and the Agents climbed out onto the road. As they stood there, deciding on their next moves, they heard what sounded like an animal howling...

---

Agent Greenstar
    Position: Janitor's Closet
    HP: 20/20
    Coins: 1
    Equipment:
    • Bandages (x3)
    • iPod Shuffle (Lucky - Grants +1 to any roll, one use)
    • Mop (possibly magical, or coated with glow-in-the-dark paint)
    Status: Healthy. Holding a mop. Ignoring Agent Many. Almost dry clothes. (with Agent ManyPinkHats)

Agent Ravenhold
    Position: Southern Corridor
    Coins: 10
    Equipment:
    • Tactical Vest
    • SD40 VE (2 clips)
    • Lock Pick set
    • Smart Phone
    • Keys
    Status: Healthy. Ready to attack, but distracted ( -2 to next roll.)

Agent Codex
    Position: Power Room
    Coins: 0
    Equipment:
    • Bandages (x5)
    • Access Terminal
    • Cup of Espresso
    Skills: +1 on "door" actions
    Status: Healthy. Safe in Power Room. Distracted ( -1 to next roll.)

Agent ManyPinkHats
    Position: Janitor's Closet
    Coins: 10
    Equipment:
    • A Wet Floor sign (possibly magical or covered in glow-in-the-dark paint)
    Status: Healthy, almost dry clothes, contemplating a glow-in-the-dark Wet Floor Sign business (with Agent Greenstar)

Agent Gavin Hawkins
    Position: Road to Agency
    Coins: 3
    Equipment:
    • Bandages (x2)
    • Improvised Labkit (Cursed - Grants -1 to any roll, one use)
    • Extra Large Coffee Mug

Agent Baktic
    Coins: 5
    Equipment:
    • Bandage (x1)
    • Journal (Lucky - Grants +1 to any roll, one use)
    • Diet Peach Snapple
    Status: Healthy, small stain on shirt (with Agents Gavin, Grim and Steve)

Agent Grim
    Equipment:
    • Bandages (x2)
    • Old Deck of Cards (Lucky - Grants +1 to any roll, one use)
    • Magical refillable Thermos
    Status: Healthy, distracted (-1 for next roll). (with Agents Gavin, Baktic and Steve)

Agent Steve
    Equipment:
    • Bandages (x2)
    • "I'm Your Biggest Fan" Knife (Lucky - Grants +1 to any roll, one use)
    • Glock 42 (plus 2 extra magazines)
    • Ski Mask
    • iPhone
    Status: Healthy, prepared (+1 for next roll). (with Agents Gaving, Baktic and Grim)

OOC:
    @Greenstarfanatic @ManyPinkHats @codex-13 @Ravenhold @baktic @zaelong @Steve Harvey @Grim-Angel53

The B-Team have arrived! Now there's 8 of you on the Night Shift and things are gonna start getting a little hectic.
    I'm going to be leaving 48 hours between turns. It's what I've been doing recently and it feels natural, plus it gives everyone a chance to respond what with different time zones and commitments.
    If you haven't responded within 48 hours I'll just make a natural action for your character. If you don't respond a few turns in a row you'll end up dead :p
    You may have realised but I've decided to do a lot more rolling. This is, after all, a game based on dice. Usually for a 1 or 6 I'll roll for a secondary action as a result of the fail. Also, if you do something that affects anyone else (like Many distracting them with his amazing business pitch), they'll all have to roll to determine the result.
    Finally, if you have any problems with a turn feel free to query me. I'm only human and I'll make mistakes! If I miss out a modifier to a roll (from an item or skill, for example), or if you don't understand why, say, a roll of 3 resulted in what it did instead of something else, feel free to mention it. I want this to be fun for everyone!

Let the games commence!

4 people like this.
  7. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

Poke ManyPinkHats with the mop, and try to climb into the vent. Grab some bleach too. Could be useful.

8. Grim-Angel53

Grim-Angel53 Senior Agent

After hearing the howling, begins to cast defensive enchantments on himself and the others.

"Howling...That's not good. Get ready for something to attack. howling sounds are never good around the agency."

(ooc: can I keep the deck of cards after I use the luck? asking cause I like cards.)

9. Ravenhold

Ravenhold Senior Agent

OOC: *rofl!* Damnit Hats!

Gives into what his Ex-CIA instructor taught him about focus and bites his cheek hard in an attempt to snap his attention back to the situation at hand. . . He hated that man. . .

If successful:
    @ManyPinkHats : "Its a vary interesting proposal Hats, and i would love sit and flesh it out with you, but i have a little situation developing out here in the hallway so i'm going to need you to table it for now, please. alright?"

@dylanamite : "I've spotted one of your bearwolves. Whats going on with those reinforcements? . . . also, what do they feed these things? Its huge."

Maintains his stance and gets ready for it to charge.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2016
  10. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

"That doesnt sound too friendly... do we really have to get in there right now?"

oberves grim putting on wards/enchantments on himself and others, so he might be able to create enchantments himself later on

"wasnt there an elevator near the entrance? if we can get in there, we might be able to use the thing to get 'safely' past those bearwolves, to an armory or even one of the labs"

check for signs of any nearby bearwolves, so he can dodge those things, while searching for an elevator

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2016
  11. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

Codex is interested in Many's sales pitch, but unfortunately due to current events can't do much to follow up on it. Maybe after they all get out of here alive. Spotting the charging stations, she glances at her terminal. "I wonder how much more battery life I have in this thing..."

Check battery level of Terminal

Additionally, the air vent bears investigating. She can't remember if bearwolves like to climb through the air vents, but any potential breach in perimeter is cause for alarm.

Investigate air vent.

12. Steve Harvey

Steve Harvey Senior Agent

"Gavin, don't you think you should at least bring some kind of self-defense? This is bearwolves we're talking about. You can borrow my knife for now, I'll bring my gun..."

Hands Gavin the engraved balisong knife and heads out to search for an elevator.

13. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

objects to getting a knife

"im a scientist, not some grunt, why would i need weapons?
    besides, im not going to fight those things"

14. Steve Harvey

Steve Harvey Senior Agent

Annoyed by Gavin, Steve says nothing, adjusts his tie, forcefully takes his balisong knife, and treks on.

15. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

"Steve, did i mention im really bad with sharp pointy things, especially when theyve got a loose handle?
    if i even were to get close enough to a bearwolf, ive stabbed myself before i can even stab them...."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    edit:
    since the knife exchange might complicate things; here is a revision of my actions:
    *observe grim, while he is casting enhancements
    *decline/return knife from steve, with potential stabbing or wounding.....
    *enter the building and look for signs of nearby bearwolves
    *IF 'safe' to enter THEN (look for the elevator (and check if its working)) ELSE (stay behind others(steve) )

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2016
    2 people like this.
  16. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

(Don't make me give you a -1 stat for using sharp things....)

Also I'm writing the next turn in around 4-5 hours!

17. ManyPinkHats

ManyPinkHats Active Agent

Having concluded how profitable running a glow-in-the-dark Wet Floor Sign business could be, ManyPinkHats arrived at conclusion 2: seizing this opportunity would require surviving the next few hours. In that interest, he has decided to help Greenstar get into the vent, and then look for more survival tools or anything useful (and/or more entrepreneurial inspiration).

2 people like this.
  18. baktic

baktic Active Agent

The howl distracted him from staring at his shirt. "You guys heard that too right?" Baktic asked his fellow agents. "I suppose we need to investigate." He began the walk towards the agency.

19. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

@baktic : "I hope you know what you are doing, just walking in a building with potentially lethal animals, without exorcising any caution...."

20. Ravenhold

Ravenhold Senior Agent

OoC: Question: this may have already been addressed, but can we hear the new guys over the comms link? I'm not sure if any one of them have used it yet, but we've been using them pretty regularly, so i was wondering if they can hear us.