[rtd] Night Shift

Discussion in 'Division-66' started by dylanamite, Sep 6, 2016.

1. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

[6] - Without waiting for any of the other Agents, you push open the double doors and proceed into the darkness. As you turn left and head down the corridor, you feel a sense of achievement. You can do this! Quickening your pace, you only realise there's a mop and bucket in your way once you trip and land face down in a puddle.

[3] - You spot Agent Greenstar leaving the lobby and decide it's a good idea to follow. After a few steps towards the power room, you realise you're not able to see in the darkness and find yourself disorientated.

2. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

"FUCK."

Get up, try not to fall again, and keep going. Eugh. Wet clothes on the first day, could this GET any worse?

3. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

"Maybe it isn't the greatest idea to split up...?" But Greenstar and Manypinkhats were gone before she finished. Ravenhold looked heavily armed, and that made her uncomfortable. She checked her mobile terminal to see if there was some sort of flashlight application installed.

4. Ravenhold

Ravenhold Senior Agent

@ManyPinkHats: "The last team who worked the night shift dying tragically."
    @Greenstarfanatic: "And no, he's not. I heard about it after it happened. I'm not entirely sure what the details where, which is why I'm all rigged out at the moment. . ."

Makes like the rest and heads to the power room to get the lights working again.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2016
  5. Ravenhold

Ravenhold Senior Agent

@codex-13: "Yeah, probably not. Also, Why are you looking at me like that?"

Walks slow so Codex can keep up.

6. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

You manage to [3] get up and [4] are able to keep your balance this time. [4] You keep going, heading towards the power room. As you near the end of the corridor, you can begin to hear a gentle humming of machines.

[4] Aha! You find the application you were searching for. You feel at ease as a bright light is cast from the terminal.

[3] You push open the door and turn the same way as the others, heading towards the power room. [4] You're sure to keep your pace steady, walking alongside Agent Codex. The two of you are able to see where you're headed, and notice a few doors as you walk down the corridor - including some toilets and a janitor's closet.

(okay... it's the start of the shift are you're all getting 3's and 4's. You're lucky. For now.)

Agent Greenstar:
    Position: End of Southern corridor
    HP: 20/20
    Coins: 1
    Equipment: Bandages (x3), Lucky iPod Shuffle

Agent Ravenhold:
    Position:Southern corridor
    Coins: 10
    Equipment: Tactical Vest, SD40 VE (3 clips), Lock Pick set, Smart Phone, Keys

Agent Codex:
    Position: Southern corridor
    Coins: 0
    Equipment: Bandages (x5), Access Terminal, Cup of Espresso

Agent ManyPinkHats:
    Position: Southern corridor
    HP: 20//20
    Equipment: Nothing

7. Ravenhold

Ravenhold Senior Agent

"Now lets see here. . . *clicks his tongue a few times* He said it'd be down here somewhere. . ."

Uses the light cast by Codex's access terminal to try and spot the "Power room" Dylanamite mentioned during orientation.

8. ManyPinkHats

ManyPinkHats Active Agent

"Agent Greenstar, I think I've lost you."

"FUCK."

"Agent Greenstar, I think I've found you again."

Go in the direction of FUCK.

3 people like this.
  9. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

"Here, let me help..."

Shine terminal light towards FUCK.

10. Greenstarfanatic

Hm. So far so good.

Try to find a breaker board or some kind of...power...switch? If it's big and red that's probably a good sign.

11. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

[6] Using the light, you gaze down the corridor, trying to search for the room. You can see Agent ManyPinkHats standing halfway down the corridor doing... Nothing really.
    Further on, you can see Agent Greenstar with dripping clothes and just behind him you can make out a large metal door. Unfortunately, the flashlight overheats and dies. You're in darkness once more.

[6] You proceed down the corridor, following the direction of FUCK. After a sudden flash of light from Agent Codex's terminal, you find yourself able to see and spot Agent Greenstar opening the door to the Power Room. You hurry towards him. Unfortunately you forgot about the puddle and also slip over.

[2] You hold up the terminal to shine the light. It's still overheated. There is no light.

[2] After opening the door to the Power Room and entering inside, you begin to search for a switch. However, it's currently pitch black and you have no luck.

Agent Greenstar:
    Position: Power Room

Agent Ravenhold:
    Position: Southern Corridor

Agent Codex:

Agent ManyPinkHats:
    Position: End of Southern Corridor

12. Greenstarfanatic

Hm.

Try to find a lightswitch. Or a flashlight. Something to brighten up the room besides my winning personality.

13. ManyPinkHats

"I think I understand the shout from earlier."
    Get up, and look around for a Wet Floor sign to put up.

2 people like this.
  14. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

"Ugh... Damn thing. Better let it cool down..."

Enter the Power Room, working from memory of what was illuminated previously.

15. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

[4] You manage to find a lightswitch. The room illuminates, allowing you to see a whole bunch of machinery and wiring. There's a big red switch on the wall beneath a label saying "MAIN POWER". There's also a charging station for tablets and Agency terminals.

[6] You search around and find a door leading into a Janitor's closet. It's full of cleaning equipment - mops, buckets, dusters, spare toilet rolls, and a wet floor sign! Perfect! You grab the sign and make your way back to the corrido... Oh shit! The door shut behind you and you find yourself locked in.

[2] You try your best to remember which way you need to go but can't.

Agent Greenstar:

Agent Ravenhold:

Agent Codex:

Agent ManyPinkHats:
    Position: Janitor's Closet

16. ManyPinkHats

Taking the Wet Floor sign with me—because I'm pretty sure that's what I'm supposed to be doing right now—I knock on the door and ask very politely, but loudly, for help.

17. Greenstarfanatic

PERFECT!

FLIP THE SWITCH! Maybe flip in on and off a few times until Dylan tells me things are fine.

18. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

"Dammit. Maybe it's cooled down..."

Turn on the flashlight app again.

19. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

[6] - You knock on the door and call out for help. There's no response. Fueled by determination you knock louder and shout louder until all of a sudden one of the shelves behind you gives way, and a heap of toilet rolls fall down upon you like an avalanche. Surely someone must have heard that!?

[6] - You run over to the switch and flip it! The lights come on! You flip it again! The lights go back off. You flip it again!
    You keep doing this for a few moments until "Okay WHAT'S WITH THE STROBE LIGHTING? CUT IT OUT! Can't you let a guy nap in peace!?... Also I hate to break it to you but... We only use the dim lights at nighttime and not the main ones you've been flashing crazily. You don't want to wake any of the specimens now, do you!?"

[1] - You try turning on the app again. Somehow you manage to delete it from the terminal.
    Not that it matters as the corridor is flooded with light.

Agent Greenstar:

Agent Ravenhold:

Agent Codex:

Agent ManyPinkHats:
    Position: Janitor's Closet
    Equipment: A Wet Floor sign

20. Greenstarfanatic

"SHIT, SORRY!"

Stop the flashing. Try to find some kind of switch labelled 'Dim lighting'.