Reminded Me A Bit Of Watch Dogs Heeh

Discussion in 'General' started by Anton Entaro, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Anton Entaro

Anton Entaro Active Agent

Saw the video and it reminded me a bit of the Watch Dogs sequences.

I hope you guys get the 40k together - and even more!
    The idea looks very promising and I'm going to keep an eye on the evolution of this game.

Good luck to the Team!

3 people like this.
  2. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Great to have you on board! One of our agents actually recruited a few people from the Watch Dogs forum a while back, the connections are strong there.

Let me know if you have any questions about the organization!

3. Anton Entaro

Is this more like co-op hacking some kind of encrypted info or will this be a PvP?

Am asking this because I'm the typical co-op guy who likes to solve things in a team, whre for example one guy does the viewer part and the other the scripting or solving part..

Since I'm still not very sure how this game is going to be exactly, I played through Watch Dogs and felt it as a good game lacking of some things here and there, speciall the "get your friend to play and hack stuff with you" part is what i missed, something like that would be awesome!

Remember those co-op Missions you had in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3? One guy Hacked the cams and auto-cannons and the other guy was the shooter who had to wait for commandos and stuff..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    2 people like this.
  4. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

It's definitely more community focused; we work together to solve our problems. That's not to say that agents will never go rogue in the future though! Missions will play out in a variety of different ways, and I think the video covered a lot of ground, first part showed the Hacker activity, second part was the Scientist's research and 3rd was the Sniper action.

Hacking more resembles the "Hacker Evolution" series than Watch Dogs from what I've seen. It uses a Linux-ish system of commands. If you're interested in hacking, you can check out our uplink to the FSB database (though I'm not sure why we're still connected!) and the write-up about the mission. You can do most of the steps on your own if you're looking for a challenge! If this kind of hacking isn't your thing, there are other options for you too.

I never played CoD, but yes, that sounds like the way some number of missions will play out. I can't say all, or even most, because I don't know those details.

5. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Heyho, always nice to wake up and see some fresh new faces!

This is definately co-op, more co-op than most people have experienced, I'd imagine. :)
    There is a "but", though; this is not a game as such. It very much hinges on being more involved with your real life, such as games like Ingress - to take an example. Neither does it have an actual virtual world such as most other games; at the most, we'll be operating via a browser-based hub, at least according to what we know now.

That's not to say it isn't action-packed, just that the action manifests itself in a different way.
    Say you're faced with a mission. You and the 200 other people trying to solve it as well.
    The feeling of sharing ideas and going nigh-insane during the wee hours of what becomes days of sleepless nights - primarily because you constantly get up to try new theories you ponder up while trying to fall asleep - is simply amazing and exhilerating.
    You yourself might not happen upon the right track, but even the path that proved to be a dead-end, meant that the right path could eventually be found.
    Suddenly someone finds the path the clue hinted at, a new door opens, and everyone scrambles to take in the new information, find the new challenge; all the while knowing that, even if they weren't the one who opened the door, they were indispensible regardless.

That's at least how "regular" ARGs go.
    There is also some talk about "Classes", the specifics of which might have changed since the topic was last discussed. However, assuming that information is still applicable, there very much will be instances where you'll need a player who plays a different class.
    You might, for example, be playing as a Cybertech Agent, trying to contain a virtual leak, but while doing so, discover that it was a diversion while someone breached a site, and stole an item there.
    To get the culprits location, the Cybertechs assigned to that mission must keep sifting through streams of data; be it geolocation from the persons cellphone, or what have you. As they are doing that, an Agent playing as a Sniper might have to physically go to that real-world location, in order to set up how to best neutralize the target. Or, if no Agent is near the location, Soldiers might have to arrange a much more costly and failure prone attack, with a higher risk of losing the item regardless.

*looks up and apologizes for the wall of text*

In other words; you're unlikely to get an in-game virtual world to play the game in, such as you would find in Watch_Dogs or any FPS game, nor will you have a virtual representation of a character. The world the game happens in is closer to - if not directly next to - our own, and the character is you yourself - granted you can still roleplay as someone else, if you so wish. :)

6. Anton Entaro

Thanks for the fast responds..

OK! Now I AM interested!

I want to play this!!

8 people like this.
  7. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Well, that's great to hear! You can ask more questions here as they come, or join us on the IRC, you'll usually get quick answers either way.

8. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Hehe, glad to hear it ^^

If you want a taste of things to come, there are a few "uARG" or "fARG"s about (user or fan-ARGs). Basically small ARGs made by people in the community. :)
    You can find most of them in the "Division-66" section, with an ongoing one to be found in the Email Intercept thread.
    Beyond that, there's also one made by DaedaIus, which starts here.

And as Nikel mentioned, you're more than welcome to join us on IRC, either via kiwiirc, or if you want a non-browser related option, you can have a look at the mIRC quickguide found here.