Release date ?

Discussion in 'General' started by andrea, Jan 22, 2018.

1. andrea

andrea Active Agent

Hello, there is a official release date ? Thank you
    Andrea

2. CantFindMyKeys

CantFindMyKeys Active Agent

On Steam it says 7 June 2018

3. AgentZeus

AgentZeus Senior Agent

It entered closed beta in Nov last year - its still in those early stages of testing. Anashel said previously it would only be released when its ready

Keep an eye on the forums for updates from the dev team - but I don't think you should be expecting a 'concrete' release date any time soon.

4. andrea

andrea Active Agent

The problem is that i paid for Nothing! I thought to buy a game.. and i paid for nothing ! I finish the demo, i finish all the secondary missions.. how Much time i must wait for a game that i pay ?

5. AgentZeus

AgentZeus Senior Agent

I assume that at the time you bought it no date was given on the official website. There is no release date set if you look at the site now.

It is essentially early access - all anyone knows at the moment is its coming this year. Steam lists a date but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s a placeholder and like all early access games, subject to change.

As I said before two likely @Anashel will announce a date once they are confident that is pretty much complete.

Until then we all - including me - have to just be patient

6. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

you didnt buy the game, you pre-ordered it. the wait until the product will be released is a risk youve taken with pre-ordering it, rather than actually waiting until the game is released

7. Orion

Orion Active Agent

andrea, dont try to conversate with these fanboys/whiteknights of the game. You have a right to feel the way you do, do not let some douches make you think otherwise.

It's also sad that a dev or mod never responded to this post - which shows truly how much Alice and Smith actually care about the playerbase.

Ask for your money back. Money talks.

8. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Hi Andrea,

I try to be clear everywhere there was a pre-order button. We have objective but we cannot and would never guarantee a date. I know it's always a sensitive topic, but we are working on the game and changing it based on your feedbacks and playtest. This result in more time to produce the game. We are now at the 11th iteration and if you look at the first version, the improvement is quite important.

Right now the target date is June 2018. But between now and then, a lot of updates will be available. This is what you pay for when you pre-order: trying and testing out the game with us, giving your feedback and having an impact on the game.

As you may know, the big milestone right now is Xkeyscore. This one is a core component and that's what we are working on. Feel free to reach out if you have any question on what another module we want to improve. If you feel I don't communicate enough about what we are working on, how we improve the game, etc, let me know.

To help the wait, we also gave a free DLC and a live event for Christmas. :)

I would love to have release the game already, but the improvement we make are more than necessary.

9. Anashel

Orion are you serioius?? I am almost online 24h/7...

10. andrea

andrea Active Agent

Why the kickstarter user can use another version of steam user or user that buy the game in the website ? I want use the latest version

11. Anashel

@andrea What do you mean? If you have order the closed beta, you have the same version of the Kickstarter players. The other version is the public alpha version.

12. AgentZeus

AgentZeus Senior Agent

Well thanks for that Orion. I think it was pretty clear I was repeating what was already said here and on the website. I notice lots of other users stayed away from this thread but I thought he deserved an answer - even if its not the answer he wanted to hear.

@andrea do you mean the different levels of beta & early access? If I remember correctly you said you didn't have a high enough package (didn't pay for) the closed beta access? I have no idea when general beta is going to start and after that is early access. @Anashel will have a better idea of the plan - i don't think there are timescales though - sorry!

13. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist Active Agent

To my knowledge there has never been an official release date. Only an estimated date - originally March 2017 - like often the case with crowdfunding project. For those like me who have supported this project since the beginning, we could follow the development in its early days and what I can say is there is a huge difference between the first and the last version. I am finally very pleased that the game has not been released in March 2017 as expected.

And if you are not convinced, just play the alpha 0.2 and tell me if we were wrong for having patience to wait.

AgentZeus and codex-13 like this.
  14. Anashel

Please don't get me wrong, I want the game to be out as much as you do. :)

But I may be sensitive when people attack the studio's reputation and intentions. We are not an anonymous studio of 200 developers who don't care about the players. We are 10 people and we do care a lot. I have everything personally invested in this game, both financially and emotionally. I am extremely proud of the game and the community that we have built. I am extremely proud of Alice & Smith, The Black Watchmen, and this project.

I am available 24h/7. You can reach me on discord and by email any time.

It would unrealistic to guarantee a date. When you see people defending this, it's not a question of them being fanboys. We have one shot at making this game and we've seen way too many unfinished games with so much potential being rushed because marketing asked them to. You want it to be fun as much as I do, and this can only be achieved through multiple iterations and learning cycles.

Redoing XKEYSCORE was a huge decision. Same goes with the addition of Cobalt Strike. Even if it may represent 4 more months of development, it's clear with your feedback that these were fundamental parts of the game that needed more work.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  15. Orion

Orion Active Agent

Perhaps the biggest fault of yours is putting personal emotions into what should be considered a business and nothing else. We aren't your children. We are customers.

andrea likes this.
  16. CantFindMyKeys

CantFindMyKeys Active Agent

Think this is a matter of perspective. I for one applaud them for not using business motives to push out an incomplete product but rather work on a complete product. Attacking someone on strategies of product development which are shared sounds strange to me.

Venting your desire to play more of the game while no more content is available at the moment is a feeling I have as well. The way to vent this feeling however can be done constructive or destructive. Sometimes I feel tempted as well to respond in anger but I believe venting these in a negative way won't enable them to make a better product. This doesn't mean I don't think you can't be critical, but be critical in a way that enables debate rather then making it about finger pointing.

The gracious way this thread is handled by Anashel only tells me this is not only a product I want to support, but also a company I want to support.

Lone Wolf, Jimbo9 and NoShitSherlock like this.
  17. andrea

andrea Active Agent

OK sorry for my english i am italian . i play tons of hacking game, and nite team 4 is the BEST for me. But when we wait for the final version, give us a new levels..
    I'm waiting the game , i pay for it,and i think that is the game is not perfect..is good as weel. i m hungry because the release date is not confirmed and wait until june is not good for a gamer! i believe in the game and i want to play. i dont want money back you make a great job.. but give us more fun.. while we wait for the final version.. thanks

18. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist Active Agent

Are you aware that requires time to develop new content? It is not something that happens by the wave of a magic wand. But perhaps you can ask Anashel to get refunded if the game does not meet your expectations anymore.

19. andrea

andrea Active Agent

I don t want money back. I ll wait. I love this game. And i want to play it.

20. andrea

andrea Active Agent

Helloooo .. how are you? the game proceed ?? :)