Questions Regarding Pledges And Add-ons

Discussion in 'ARG Support' started by Gr3ylok, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Gr3ylok

Gr3ylok Senior Agent

I got several questions.

What will the size of the Mouse Pad be? (cm/inches) as a gamer a standard sized "office mouse pad" will be of no use to me.

Does the usb come with a cap to protect the top and is there any data on the usb?

The size of the T-Shirt would be discussed later, but right now I'm wondering if they are eh long? not s/m/l but long. I'm quite the tall guy and I don't feel like showing everyone my bellybutton. ;) (have had this problem often when I order shirts online)

The Dog Tag's : currently the word Agent and the Name are aligned on the left is it possible to get both aligned in the middle? http://gyazo.com/df318af284935707dfeacea4884aece7

The Joker Pledge gives a special IN-GAME communication. Personally I'm still deciding on the $75 or $110 pledge. Anyhoo Will the "Special Communication" be added as a add-on? Cause right now I feel left out for pledging higher, don't you want our money? ;p http://gyazo.com/677c0f374ded98b1dc49962ab010f2bb

I also think there is a pricing error on Kickstarter, shouldn't a "better pledge" give you something of an advantage? Currently there is no sense in buying the $110 Trooper pledge at all because the higher $110 Trooper pledge costs more then the $75 Embedded pledge + the add-on from the Trooper pledge.
    Do International Shipping costs stack? Does it go like A or B?

2. Gr3ylok

Gr3ylok Senior Agent

Thread needs to be moved to ARG support I guess? I can't do it.

3. Bats

Bats Division 93: Covert Grammatical Ops Battalion

I don't know, but if there isn't, it seems like it'd be missing a great opportunity.

I'm inclined to guess it won't (although this is pure speculation), as the reward details (coming Real Soon Now<tm>! I promise!) say that the significance of the communication is tied to the pledge tier it comes with - that higher tiers result in more important communications...

Actually it looks like Trooper costs exactly as much as Embedded plus the $35 Dog Tag add-on. There also used to be more of a difference, because originally the $75 Embedded pledge was only the Almanac + Comic, while the $110 Trooper added the (then otherwise unavailable) Dog Tags and Name in the Credits. Now that Embedded gets Name in the Credits and Dog Tags turn up as an add-on, the distinction sort of vanishes.

This is the latest word on shipping:
    1. If your initial pledge lists a shipping charge, you will not be charged any further shipping for add-ons.
    2. If your initial pledge does not include shipping, add the most expensive shipping cost out of the add-ons you've picked.​

I have no idea whether it needs to be moved (I don't know what the distinction is/should be between support and feedback), I think I can do that for you. Err, at least I think I can.

-Bats

2 people like this.
  4. Gr3ylok

Gr3ylok Senior Agent

Trooper is $5 more, really is. Cause when you select pledges it counts a $10 shipping there, and the add-ons just 5. If Trooper had a $5 shipment the price would be the same, both $115. Trooper should have NO shipment costs at all in order to be cheaper/worth it.
    Other then that, I'm pretty sure embedded had "name in the credits" from the start as that was the reason for me to buy the $75 Embedded pledge., I assume that's why it was called Embedded in the first place.

5. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

VGG will answer tomorrow these questions Gr3ylok. Thank you for your patience.

6. VGG

VGG Executive Producer

Hey,

Mouse Pad: The mouse pad will be a standard ''office size'', we can add a gamer one, as a new add-on, but we will have increase the price a little.

USB Key: Yes the key will have a cover and yes, there will be data. :)

T-Shirt: Mmmm...I get your concern, but the T-shirt will be standard :S

Dog-tags: I can't just do yours in the middle and others on the left, if you guys think it's better in the center, we can change it for sure...

In-game communication: Yes, it's coming as an Add-on ;)

Troopers: I can't change a pledge on Kickstarter after it's publish but: The shipping will be $5 on the Trooper pledge, I just sent an email to backers.

2 people like this.
  7. Bats

Yay!

Since the reward details page (look! it's up! it's here!) specifies that the importance of the communication is tied to the value of the pledge tier, how important is the communication from the add-on version, on a Joker <--> James Bond spectrum?

-Bats

2 people like this.
  8. VGG

VGG Executive Producer

We will add 2 levels, one small and one big....

You finally managed to get me to talk about new add-ons! ;P

5 people like this.
  9. Bats

She's been teasing me with these for the past couple days, and wouldn't tell me what they were ;P

-Bats
    (VGG == mean)

10. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Well, rumour has it that she does break fingers for giving up secrets, right? ;(

3 people like this.
  11. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

OH QUESTION:

Now we have 2 sets of IGC: joker/special ops pledge, and add-on big/small. All the information says that "Higher pledge tiers will receive more important communications." Will there be an interaction between pledge and add-on? e.g. Scientist with big add-on gets a more important communication than Almanac with big add-on. Or is it (what I'm assuming) a binary of Big/Small? In that case, I think the language of the IGC description could be clarified as such.

12. Bats

I... umm... have no idea what you're talking about. None at all.

I'm going to guess that it's big/small - as the alternative would mean coming up with [pledge tiers]*2 different types of communications, sorted by degree of importance. Either way, once it's clear, I'll update the description to match (the current version was only meant to account for the basic reward package versions)

-Bats

13. Gr3ylok

Gr3ylok Senior Agent

That just got me more interested, what kind of data can we expect? On the site it's advertised as a 8GB USB with the logo. So data as in a thank you, from the developers or more like a small mission? My budget is limited so my decision on the last add-on kinda stands with your next answer :)

14. VGG

VGG Executive Producer

For this one I'm in the secret...I will say clues.

5 people like this.
  15. Bats

Pirated games and music, including an entire unreleased Justin Bieber album!

-Bats

3 people like this.
  16. Santiak

Santiak MIA

So what you're saying is, the USB key will actually be a test, to see how effective we are at eradicating the horrors of the world, while resisting the urge the unleash it upon the world for personal gain?

17. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

That's the whole thing, you solve and investigate on dark forces, but in the end will you use them or disarm them ?

18. Bats

Is that a trick question?

Use them. Obviously.

-Bats
    (duh.)

2 people like this.
  19. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Your eagerness to use Justin Bieber on our enemies is... disturbing.

6 people like this.
  20. Bats

Well, it's either them or me... and I'm not about to listen to it.

-Bats

2 people like this.