Query: Does Live Event progression show w/in TBW client?

Discussion in 'General' started by Seshemw, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Seshemw

Seshemw Active Agent

So, I actually missed phase 1 of ROLLINGVIPER.
    But I leapt into phase 2. And finished all four sections. The last one pained me greatly. My poor video card.

At any rate, I got curious since the event was all through COM... and logged into TBW to see if I could hunt down my O:RV progress, and found no sign of it.

Being new to this, since I just started after enlisting in NT4, am I missing something? Or are the live events more for the fun and challenge, vs. recording 'credit' in some say?

Edit: I did find the Live Event 13 page, but... it doesn't seem to indicate my ph2 completion (and the ph1 of the event is over, with threads completed and locked so I can't post in that). At the end of the final phase, is the code referenced as a reward? So I if I miss that phase, I miss credit for the event?

--
    Seshemw

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  2. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

there is no real crediting system
    at the end of the events there is usually a debrief mail to everyone including a code to redeem a steam achievement, but everyone gets that key so its not like you actually have to participate.
    like you said; participation is all for fun and challenge :p

3. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Hi Seshemw!

Usually I don't comment during a live event but since this one is experimental, here is some feedback. We are exploring it, and there is a lot of untapped potentials.

Phase 1 was a collaboration effort, but the content of phase 1 was used to create phase 2. This mean that we design phase 2 puzzle (and the upcoming live stream) based on the content of phase 1. So performing well as a community in phase 1 impact the story of the game somehow. (Not the enemy or NPC, but how close and how ready you are to deal with them)

Phase 2 are individual missions for now, so we can test objective system in the COM-Division. People who finish phase 2 may unlock a unique puzzle for the community. :)

Phase 3 will be the live event on the 22nd that will use all your skill in a 1h live stream.

In general, we plan to give you more progression feedback in the Com-Division portal. We also wish to focus a lot on collaboration. For example, the more people solve the phase 2 part, the more resources we gather for the live event. Completing a live event could also enable us to unlock faction, NPC and key contacts that could be useful for the future.

We also wish to make a mobile version of the interface so you can keep progress of the mission at any time and even use it to submit field intel. (Picture, etc...)

4. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

*grabby hands*
    I NEED THIS

Anashel likes this.
  5. Anashel

First mockup for the mobile version.

Mobile.png

themadhuman, Zankh, Ventus and 8 others like this.
  6. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

I love it???? So much??????? When/if you need beta testers for Android, hit me up.

Balamung likes this.
  7. raul_ct

raul_ct Moderator

Thats awesome, sadly im on windows phone, so it will be hard to reach.

8. acentes

acentes Active Agent

I am all for this

9. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

I would think its gonna be an web version, not an actual app?
    Its not that hard to request stuff from the database. But making it look nice takes time

10. Balamung

Balamung Senior Agent

Mmmh, some neat stuff in there ! =D I have my Nexus 5 itching to give it a try ;)

11. Anashel

Well, now that we did The Tufties! we have a good expertise on how to do mobile app on 56 differents phones....

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    themadhuman, acentes and Balamung like this.
  12. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

That looks so awesome! I looked for the tufties app on the appstore for the kids, bubt i guess it's not out in the Swedish appstore?

Anashel likes this.
  13. Anashel

No, US and Canadian store only, but I can send you the Android version if you want.

14. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

Thanks, but i have no hardware for Android.

15. Ravenhold

Ravenhold Senior Agent

Do want!

16. Ventus

Ventus Active Agent

i cant wait!!

17. Astro4545

Astro4545 Active Agent

This is awesome!

18. Techn1k

Techn1k Active Agent

Looks good! Great idea!

19. Seshemw

Seshemw Active Agent

I love the way the app looks. When we were onsite in New York, I found I didn't have access to a lot of things I wanted (and hadn't thought to bring with me), including basic 'oh yeah, I should mail these pics to Dispatch... how the heck do I get them into this, or the forum, at a reasonable size'. Ahh, if only I'd had the alpha of the app, or knew where the IRC was, etc etc etc.

p.s. Loved the live event. Got to participate heavily in ph2, and enjoyed meeting Agent Nikel when we went to Socrates Park. I'd definitely give you my info for higher clearance levels if I could, you do good work. And Nikel was a longer term player not on mission 1 like me, so he knew the resources better. All of the people in the forum were help too, props to Codex and Acentes, and of course Dispatch and everyone behind the scenes.
    Edit: Oh. And never forgetting to bring my tool bag, laptop, and other sundries ever again. Word to the wise: Read the community guide "How to Melt Steel Beams with Jet Fuel..." before launching yourself into an in-person part of a live event. Good advice in there, and no harm. Don't be me and read it afterwards.

Keep rocking!

Jarobi and Jimbo9 like this.