Problem in tutorial?

Discussion in 'Missions Center' started by problemo, May 14, 2018.

1. problemo

problemo New Agent

I just downloaded the demo and maybe I'm missing something really obvious but after Agent Dillan tells me to scan for wireless services I can't click on anything... I tried to do information gathering for the url of the billboard but nothing useful comes up. Dillan also doesn't pipe in again to 'guide me' so I'm wondering if I need to trigger that to move forward.

Has anyone else had this problem? The game is really interesting and all but I'm getting a bit frustrated.

2. Thoth_

Thoth_ New Agent

I'm having the same issue. I've tried everything I can think of. He says to scan for wireless signals, I click the big button that says "scan for wireless signals," and then nothing happens. I just watch the car drive around on satellite imaging for 2 and a half minutes until I lose the lock. Nothing seems obviously meant to be done. Given the amount of hand-holding and ease up to this point, I'm inclined to believe this is a bug, rather than a figure-it-out-with-no-prompting moment.

3. problemo

problemo New Agent

Actually there just seems to be a drop off point with the hand holding and you're supposed to figure it out yourself. You're supposed to hack into the billboards.

4. Thoth_

Thoth_ New Agent

Ah well, living the demo life I suppose. Thank you fellow Agent.

5. Newinhuman

Newinhuman New Agent

Same here. I feel a little dumb trying to figure out how to hack I to public wireless networks to no avail. Are the devs aware of this or are they busy?

6. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

We're aware of it- as problemo said, it's just sort of a drop off point. Look closely at what you have onscreen...
    You're given a URL in one of the wireless signatures- and luckily for you, you just learned how to hack into a network based on the URL!

7. rookiehacker

rookiehacker New Agent

Can someone help me? I’m stuck on the tutorial part after you go through the hacking process of the billboard thing. And Agent Dillan says “Start the tracking again. Hopefully they havent left the area yet” but i dont know where to go from there

8. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

You started the tracking again, right? Also, what version of the beta are you in?