POLL: TIDALVORTEX

Discussion in 'Live Events' started by zaelong, Dec 23, 2017.

?

What are we doing with Miller

Poll closed Dec 23, 2017.
  1. He is a threat: send in a Strike Team

86 vote(s)
    32.8%
  2. He is a Victim: send in a Rescue Team

176 vote(s)
    67.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

dispatch asked us to vote our stance on Miller:

NOTE: we are supposed to vote on the matter if we believe Miller is just a victim, or if he is liaible to our mission (willingly, or tricked into it)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  2. Thryn

Thryn Active Agent

He is both a victim and a threat. We should proceed with caution.

3. Enix

Enix New Agent

It'll be on you guys when the rescue team ends up dead.

4. ShadesOfNier

ShadesOfNier Active Agent

Sending a rescue team doesn't necessarely mean we're sending them with flowers and rainbows to defend themselves.

StrangeTree likes this.
  5. Enix

Enix New Agent

I'll stick to the five p's, thanks.

Preparation prevents piss poor performance.

6. skylarkblue1

skylarkblue1 Active Agent

Treating him as both would be the best way forward I believe.

ShadesOfNier likes this.
  7. ShadesOfNier

Yes, a strike team with order to incapacitate Miller would be the best option rather than killing him. Whitechapel must know we are coming for Miller and will probably drug him to make him hostile when we will show up.

8. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

thats cute, you think whitechapel is actually still with miller?

9. ShadesOfNier

Oh, definitively not, but "trapping" Miller to leave us a surprise wouldn't be a shock.

10. Thryn

Thryn Active Agent

Why does it have to be all black or white ?

We could have the goal to recue the choir, but still be aware that they are threat

ShadesOfNier likes this.
  11. StrangeTree

StrangeTree Active Agent

I vote a Rescue and Exfil Team.

Going in with a goal other than putting a bullet in Miller doesn't automatically mean trying to address the obstacles and guards with bouquets of flowers and happy thoughts.

He's more useful alive, he might be treatable, and hey.... I'm voting *not* to kill someone for a change.

jhop71 and ShadesOfNier like this.
  12. Leukocyte

Leukocyte Active Agent

Trust and believe when this rescue goes as badly as almost every rescue before it went, I won't let you forget you chose it. The blood will be on your hands, not mine. And if he knows anything useful in regards to our target I'll eat my hat, because he wont. Whitechapel isn't that sloppy, some schmuck wont know anything worthwhile in tracking him down.

ShadesOfNier likes this.
  13. ShadesOfNier

In that case sending a strike or rescue team will just end up with being a trap either way.

14. StrangeTree

StrangeTree Active Agent

He might not know anything, but he's a contact-turned-astral projector. If he's not a trap, either to flush out agents or some sort of danger, himself, it would be really nice to have an asset under lock and key who can dreamwalk.

15. ShadesOfNier

If we do have a mole in the agency, he definitiely knows we are onto him.

StrangeTree likes this.
  16. Leukocyte

Leukocyte Active Agent

He cant be used. His existance is a risk to anyone near him or involved with him's health. He's a part of the choir, a group made to eat dreams. Use him? No.

ShadesOfNier likes this.
  17. StrangeTree

StrangeTree Active Agent

Perhaps not, but still I think it's better to attempt to pull him than just sanction him on the spot. It's not like we're choosing between a remote drone strike and sending in a group of candystripers.

Either way, we're going to be putting a team of agents on the ground and in the room with him.

The choice is between black bagging him or on-the-spot sanction. I err on the side of bagging.

ShadesOfNier likes this.
  18. Leukocyte

Leukocyte Active Agent

We're choosing between a quick strike that cleans up the choir and related equipment the quick and easy way, and a long drawn out holding of people of no value, that will tie up a lot of resources better spent elsewhere. Not to mention holding them means its that much easier for it to somehow end up happening again. The more evidence left, the easier it is to replicate, start up the brain-frying franchise all over again.

ShadesOfNier likes this.
  19. ShadesOfNier

But why ? Why just show themselves in that case ? Kill a few of our agents and laugh at our faces ? Agent Jackson didn't seem to be near finding where they were hiding out and it will just end up being a waste of equipment for them.

StrangeTree likes this.
  20. Leukocyte

Leukocyte Active Agent

The easiest answer is that Whitechapel has already got what he wanted. Then we get involved, and we keep his test subjects safe and sound in case he needs them again because we're always too white knighted to ever tie up loose ends and he knows it. Plus we clean up the mess instead of him having to do it.

It could be any number of reasons beyond that one, which was the first of 20 to come to mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.