Pledges, Addons And Access To The Game.

Discussion in 'ARG Support' started by Nordavind, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Nordavind

Nordavind Active Agent

So, in addition to the ARG itself, there are two things I'm interested in, the TSW ingame coat and the dig tags. So I decided to pledge 41 CAD with the option "No reward" in the belief that it would get me the dog tags, the TSW coat and access to the ARG.

I'm pretty sure I will get the first two, but after chatting with some people on IRC today, it seems that I won't have access to the ARG. Is this so? Do I have to add the lowest standard pledge (25 CAD at the moment) to access the ARG itself?

2. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Active Agent

Yeah you need to have one of the tiers (25 or up) in order to get access to the ARG. Just pleding $41 would get you the rewards but no access to the game.

3. Gr3ylok

Gr3ylok Senior Agent

Gr3ylok
    djingeling djingeling as wesley snipes would say it
    now im confused, ill check kickstarter again i was fairly sure it was only included in the $110 pledge
    @dancingtheghost
    Dogtags are an addon
    also
    Gr3ylok
    yeah (which is why i said the $75 pledge + addon = cheaper then the $110 pledge)
    that confused me quite a bit at first, i even mentioned it on the forums
    http://gyazo.com/6c9237ba41b508bbf89b9008e8ac2007
    but yeah, dogtags come with the $110 pledge
    @dancingtheghost
    but also on the updates "the long coat will be given, to anyone who has pledged $25 and above to the Black Watchmen campaign! "
    Gr3ylok
    so the answer to his question would be
    yes, he gets the coat + free stickers
    no he doesnt get a dogtag
    and should include access to the game
    @dancingtheghost
    no
    Assuming he selected 'no reward' and is giving $41, and that they take the money as add-on options and ask what he wants the money to go to, then he does get the dogtags.
    Gr3ylok
    ah, so in short he only pays for an addon
    and a $1 pledge
    @dancingtheghost
    http://gyazo.com/b69fcc4ecc8bf7cdaeaab3d1e8a57df7
    yea, you need to select a reward level in order to get the game [$25+ at this point]
    Gr3ylok
    fair enough

4. dancingtheghost

dancingtheghost Gold Member

That's assuming you're not getting the game on steam, I think. Which is why after I said what Gr3y already pasted, I said:
    [08:50] <@dancingtheghost> unless you're going to get it on steam maybe?
    [08:50] * @dancingtheghost waits for someone else to answer :p

5. TheChosenOne

That would also be an option yeah. ;)

6. MochiInvasion

MochiInvasion Senior Agent

so the consensus is: you need to have some reward tier to get access to the game via ks, plus however much you want for addons. alternatively, just buy addons and get the game on steam later.

2 people like this.
  7. riningear

riningear Division-79

For all the admins;

So your Rewards chart on the Kickstarter page [link] says that all pledges $5 and above give access to the game. However, according to what's been discussed, it looks like you need to pledge a $25 tier or above in order to actually get a "pledge tier."

Does that $5 access still apply?

8. TheChosenOne

I think what was referred to was not pledging $5, but rather the $5 tier. All of those are long gone. ;)

9. riningear

riningear Division-79

Yikes. That was kinda vague. XD

10. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Yes: you need to have some reward tier to get access to the game via KS.

11. Nordavind

Nordavind Active Agent

Thank you. I will make the necessary adjustments to my pledge then :)

12. Vismal

Vismal Gold Member

I have a question. I have a tier pledge, and have extra to cover the mousepad too, also wanting the steam version and steam title. I'm covered on those from with the pledge tier and mousepad amount for the above correct?

13. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Assuming you're pledged at the $25 tier, it's $25 (tier) + $35 (mousepad) + $5 (steam achievement) + $5 (shipping) = $70 total.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong! haha)

14. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

Geez this is just confusing...seems to me it would be easier to have a separate merchandise store where we can more easily buy whatever our greedy little hearts desire...especially now that we are funded...

2 people like this.
  15. Vismal

Vismal Gold Member

Hmmm, if I'm in Montreal Canada, this is local shipping correct? So I wouldn't be adding 5$ for shipping? Or should I do it anyways?

16. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Ah, wasn't thinking about that. It's $5 for international shipping according to the page, so no need for that within Canada.

17. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Agree, add-on on Kickstarter is a mess to manage... :(

18. imef

imef Senior Agent

Once the KS is over, We'll receive some mail to choose our add-ons, right?
    ( I've added quite a lot for add-ons, I'd be sad if I didn't get my dog tags... ;) )

19. XerTaLT

XerTaLT Active Agent

found a free tip jar spot. (party) more money for addons :p

20. Deepthroat

Deepthroat Guest

I left mine for pledge $25 :)