PlayOnLinux - Interface blocked after losing focus

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Brugi, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Brugi

Brugi New Agent

First of all, thank you very much for another great game! Quite refreshing, among the myriad of simple "clickity-click" games. :)

I'm playing on Linux (Manjaro, FWIW) through PlayOnLinux + Steam. After switching to another application (browser or whatever), the user interface does not respond - nothing happens when clicking or typing. Note that game is not frozen: background animations are running, music is playing and I can move pointer around, but GUI controls don't respond on clicks or hovering. I have to forcefully kill the game and start again. This happens on both full screen and Windowed mode, regardless of resolution or selected quality.

Now, I'm aware that this could be PoL configuration problem, however, Ahnayro works fine - same setup, same Steam configuration and installation. So I figured it might be related to NT4 only, possibly something that someone else already encountered. I haven't tried TBW, as it has Linux version, but if needed, please let me know and I'll try it out.

Thank you in advance!

Edit: Yes, I guess this is blocking my progress in a way, as it's nuisance to kill and run again each time I look up something in a browser.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  2. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Hi there!

If you are willing, I will do a linux build on a test branch and send you an invitation to test it. Lets try to see if we can speed up a native version of the game! :)

Cheers!

3. Brugi

Brugi New Agent

Well, that would be awesome! :)

4. Androiddd

Androiddd New Agent

Could I get one as well? I'm running NITE Team 4 via Steam Play right now but a native version would be great!

5. MrSanders

MrSanders Active Agent