Phone Call

Discussion in 'ARG Support' started by Eibon, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Eibon

Eibon New Agent

So i recently got a phone call from TBW, but i couldn't make out what the person said. Is there any way to find out what it was or do I have to wait the next phone call?

2. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

It's likely that was your confirmation call. Were you able to make out your agent name? And did you reply with 'Yes' or something similar?

If so, you're all good. Otherwise...I'm really not sure.

3. Eibon

Eibon New Agent

Yeah they asked me if I was agent Eibon. When i said yes I heard the person say something and then he just hung up.

4. thatangryviking

thatangryviking Viking Turkey | The Bot Slayer

That was your phone number confirmation call

5. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master

That was your confirmation call. We need to check to make sure we have the right number first, and now your phone number has been activated, and can now receive in game calls!

3 people like this.
  6. Eibon

Eibon New Agent

This, sir, is awesome.

7. Rashfell

Rashfell New Agent

So here is a dumb question.
    Do we have to worry about long distance charges, or is it a spoofed number

8. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master

It depends on your plan for incoming calls.

9. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Speaking of phone calls, will any calls from Dispatch leave voicemail messages in case I am away? I don't want to miss out on any experiences due to my phone being in the other room, or having to silence it while @ work.

10. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

Dispatch always leave an voicemail if they cannot get hold of you via normal way.

3 people like this.
  11. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Cool, good to know, thanks.

12. Typhoon Jim

Typhoon Jim Senior Agent

How long from entering your info can you expect to have to wait before getting a call? I got a call intended for another agent.

13. raul_ct

raul_ct Moderator

7-14 days, maybe less

14. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

It's generally more like within a week. It does kind of depend on how many agents are getting calls around the same time, but you can expect it within a short-ish period of time.

15. Typhoon Jim

Typhoon Jim Senior Agent

Hmm, been something like almost a month now

16. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Hey Typhoon Jim,
    I've just poked Anashel and Jarobi to check if there was any issues.
    They've gotten 300 opt-ins that need verification this month alone (i.e. the past two weeks), so naturally some delay is to be expected. But, considering you've waited a month, they'll check up on it as soon as Jarobi returns from vacation. :)

17. Typhoon Jim

Typhoon Jim Senior Agent

oh no problem. no rush, I wanted to make sure that it actually got in

18. ChilePete

ChilePete Guest

I'd just like to point out that the Developers really need to rotate who gets called for missions. I personally bought the game and give myself yellow clearance on the first day the game released on Early Access. I have received my confirmation phone call and nothing else, but yet I see people who have received 3, 4+ phone calls AFTER they have received their confirmation phone call. So in the entire of season 1 I have had:

Phone:
    confirmation phone call

Mail:
    address confirmation mission
    2 playing cards

If you really have to spend every day in the IRC just to get IRL interactions from the game then you need to tell people this as I am very underwhelmed at this point and even feel like non-hardcore IRC dwellers just get ignored in favour of the IRC core players, it seems like favouritism and isn't really acceptable considering we all paid the same price, (or even possibly more than pre-early access buyers).

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2015
  19. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Being one of the "hardcore dwellers", I can refute the notion that how much one is on IRC somehow plays into who does and doesn't get a call, as I've yet to receive a call outside of the confirmation one, nor have I received anything but the Address Confirmation Mission, and nothing else in regards to Yellow Clearence. I also know plenty of other "hardcore dwellers" who have yet to receive anything.

I'm rather sure it's randomized, which of course means that some people might get more calls than others, but that everyone has an equal opportunity of receiving a call. Add to this, that there are likely some Agents who choose not to come forward when they've been contacted - the current Cypher Wheel is a rather good example of that - and it becomes clear that you can't really rely on the very rough statistics you can produce based on forum feedback, when trying to discern how many and who typically gets called.

I'll of course give the Devs a poke with your concerns, but I can assure you that how much time you spend on IRC has little to do with it - if so, I should arguably have received every possible interaction.

4 people like this.
  20. ChilePete

ChilePete Guest

Having to spend every waking minute in the IRC may well not be how you get more phone calls etc, but it certainly feels that way, especially since the few who have received 3,4+ phone calls each are indeed people who are almost always in the IRC, random or not, how can that be fair? surely they should be rotated out of the "random draw" for the next few sets of phone calls after receiving one, leaving only the people who have received none yet with a chance of being called at least once in an entire season.