Pax East 2015 Missions

Discussion in 'Archived Missions' started by Mechcondrid, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Mechcondrid

Mechcondrid Senior Agent

The first easy case is truly easy.... provided you know search engine operator syntax...
    [​IMG]

14 people like this.
  2. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Congratulations and welcome, agent Mechcondroid. When you are finished with your training missions, the offsite agents need briefing.

(or, we're all super jealous of you and really want to know what's going on at PAX! haha)

Enjoy the multipass!

8 people like this.
  3. riningear

riningear Division-79

HEY! Welcome to the party.

I'm trying to direct some friends over to the booth, can you give me an idea of where they are? c:

4. left_sock

left_sock Senior Agent

Yesss... welcome.

2 people like this.
  5. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

That it?

3 people like this.
  6. Catalyst

Catalyst Gold Member

I bet they were instructed to keep us in the dark. This is a test of our ability to extrapolate the missions they underwent.

2 people like this.
  7. bljkr

bljkr Gold Member

11 people like this.
  8. Santiak

Santiak MIA

11 people like this.
  9. ScapeZero

ScapeZero Senior Agent

Hah, that's actually me with my back towards the camera. I didn't know people where taking pictures of us. I think this was shortly before I solved the second puzzle.

6 people like this.
  10. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Great feeling, finding out HQ have been watching you without you knowing it, isn't it?

Welcome to The Black Watchmen ;)

2 people like this.
  11. ScapeZero

ScapeZero Senior Agent

Well, to be fair I was told I was going to be watched... I just assumed they meant on the forums... :p

6 people like this.
  12. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

Muahahahahaa! How wrong you were! They're always watching....

13. Mechcondrid

Mechcondrid Senior Agent

Hey ya had to dive back into my favorite mech sim with a tourney (steel battalion line of contact, 4th place in semi-final for tonight's tourney tyvm) but ya I had a bit if an unfair advantage on the first case, I had participated in the psn home beta arg from start to end and they did a metric crap load of riddles and clues like that one; using a vague place and time reference and the answer being either related to or actually the nickname of a historical event.
    (I belive that arg had around 30 or so of those type of riddles) as for "keeping it under wraps" no I was just being dramatic as i didn't want to outright point out the answer.
    And the first pic of the face of dread the guy in the Navy hoodie on the right is me, I had come up with the idea of a more obscure reference for the second case it had the word night cut in half with a red line in the middle with x11 in subscript on the bottom right corner, the ref I thought of is a term concerning the angle of ascension and declination of the moon; Pao-es V - X11.
    slight clipping of the info i referred to, the full paper is much longer:
    bit much on the science-y stuff but that's a white paper for you lol.

6 people like this.
  14. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

Wow...nice.

15. Mechcondrid

Mechcondrid Senior Agent

Ya I'm a bit of a general science buff, if it's anything to do with science (non - bioscience for the most part, though neuro - science is interesting; particularly bio - feedback and the brains ability to rewire itself)
    Total into physics and "practical" uses of it.
    (My definition of practical is a bit unusual mind you, I'm a redneck techie and no nothing to do with star trek I mean technology. But the redneck part certainly does have to do with it.)

2 people like this.
  16. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

I find that so impressive...I am much more into semiotics the like, so I am always very much in awe of those who can understand all the science stuff.

Though come to think of it, that is probably why I overthink the holy hell out of all these missions.

2 people like this.
  17. finleychiops

finleychiops Active Agent

Haha I'm actually in the "busy pic 2" with my cousin. We solved both briefcases at PAX and can't wait to work on future missions with you guys!

11 people like this.
  18. Insein

Insein Active Agent

Agents at the booth currently. Dis gun b gud.

Edit: My agents' phone batteries are dying!!!! Dis gun b bad.

6 people like this.