Operation Winterharvest

Discussion in 'Archived Missions' started by Anashel, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Official thread for Operation Winterharvest.

Updated sources:
    Google Doc can be found here.
    Wiki-entry can be found here.

MISSION COMPLETE. Stand down agents.
    CODE IS: WINTERHARVEST.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
  2. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

Email received 2:15 PM EST 1/7/16

AGENT middipper,

1. Action required:
    Analyze the intercepted encrypted message from a high value target. Determine the contents and relay to Dispatch ([email protected]).

2. Background:
    On 01/07/16, field agent Azuro in Venezuela notified us of unusual financial activity from German-Venezuelan businessman. They withdrew all assets from the country and fled to Europe. Our surveillance systems intercepted encrypted communications. We are tasking the global agent network with breaking these coded messages.

=======================================

An encrypted email from one of the target assets has been included for analysis:

(1) RECOVERED FROM: Wilhelm Müller

Francois found more than just petroleum at Tarra, as his photograph shows.

Wq azly ul isiizqmfr vmem. I nslgum azqzsbv jgc iq stl mru wr ppcz qs buenpzjavg elfrgef. Zh’h jmuc hwsykinf lvrr bu Mscshxidl psl ee iiie ghsu hd umw xg dodwby niwoex h uwhoawij dhpasee. Av’ly ul kfpjmopayu zq bhq wbirl her wcxhjmwzw lpe rpzgum zyoaz or awwz. G zwpq xyag fvjh dt ekel hs njmdugkeq bz kfjs ar xztg ugv’t mpc br yvi bdhplry. Csrmznurx hbfl nwaz xusntrc s eexgfmr uyvoz tzrq qzip tcsk pzfrlapzt vmui. Zpzj, A’u sgvv ybn’yv zdcslry qcpoirp xf rrehowcu wqgw xcpw.

3. Recommendation:
    (a) Review the encrypted email from one of the target assets.
    (b) Break the code and relay the contents to Dispatch ([email protected]), inform of any hidden messages or unusual signatures.
    (c) For auxiliary support regarding archive specific tasks or investigation, relay relevant information to Agent Wheeler at [email protected]

3. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

4. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

Code has been broken. Plaintext below:

we will be returning home. i bought tickets for us all and we will be travelling shortly. it’s very pleasant here in venezuela but we were told to get to safety before a disaster strikes. we’ll be travelling by the skies and hopefully the flight shall go well. i hope that most of what we predicted is true so this won’t all be for nothing. returning home will provide a welcome break from your busy lifestyle here. hell, i’m sure you’re looking forward to relaxing once more.

It was vigenere after all. Code was ameranthropoidesloysi, which is the scientific name of the De Loys' Ape. The De Loys' Ape was a cryptid allegedly discovered by Francois de Loys in Tarra, he was a geological explorer looking for petroleum.

Update from Dispatch:

Agent MidDipper,

Plaintext message contents have been received. Standby while we store it for processing in the investigation database. If other information is discovered, relay immediately.

---

Dispatch

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2016
    2 people like this.
  5. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

6. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

Yeah i will. We are trying to get more people to check Wiki more often. So this thread will go all the way what community wants :)

Expect small delays between 23-17 GMT+1 since i will be sleeping and working. After i get home, i will update wiki with all the latest info so i will read all the messages here and add all relevant data to Wiki.

7. dantevsninjas

dantevsninjas Active Agent

Email received at 3:20 1/7/2016. Similar layout, but recovered from a different sender with a new cipher.

AGENT dantevsninjas,

1. Action required:
    Analyze the intercepted encrypted message from a high value target. Determine the contents and relay to Dispatch ([email protected]).

2. Background:
    On 01/07/16, field agent Azuro in Venezuela notified us of unusual financial activity from German-Venezuelan businessman. They withdrew all assets from the country and fled to Europe. Our surveillance systems intercepted encrypted communications. We are tasking the global agent network with breaking these coded messages.

An encrypted email from one of the target assets has been included for analysis:

(1) RECOVERED FROM: Peter Weber

This little piece of the moon protects the yerba mate. He’s also one out of seven.

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

3. Recommendation:
    (b) Break the code and relay the contents to Dispatch ([email protected]), inform of any hidden messages or unusual signatures.
    (c) For auxiliary support regarding archive specific tasks or investigation, relay relevant information to Agent Wheeler at [email protected]

8. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

Second message has been decrypted. Strangely, it is nearly identical to the first.

You will be returning home. I have tickets for us all and we will be travelling shortly. It’s very pleasant here in Venezuela but we were told to get to safety before a disaster strikes. We’ll be travelling by the sky and hopefully the flight will go well. I hope that most of what we predicted is true so this won’t all be for nothing. Returning home will provide a welcome break from your busy lifestyle here. Heck, I’m sure you’re looking forward to relaxing once again.

It was 256 AES encryption. The password was Jasy Jatere, who is the Guaraní god responsible for protecting mate.

9. NoShitSherlock

NoShitSherlock Senior Agent

Differences between the two texts: Capture.JPG

4 people like this.
  10. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

11. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

I emailed Dispatch about the differences in the messages. Response:

Agent MidDipper,

Differences have been noted, we are storing this information in the investigation database. Continue relaying data on messages.
    [​IMG]

12. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

A third email was discovered and decrypted. Message follows:

You will be returning home. I bought tickets for us all and we will be travelling shortly. It’s been pleasant here in Venezuela but we were told to get to safety before a disaster strikes. We’ll be travelling by the sky and hopefully the flight shall go well. I hope that part of what we predicted is true so this won’t all be for nothing. Returning home will provide a welcome break from your busy lifestyle here. Heck, I’m sure you’re looking forward to relaxing once more.

All of this can be found in Dylan's google doc, we're doing our best to keep it updated. Currently working on finding differences in the three texts.

2 people like this.
  13. marfish

marfish Senior Agent

Different words between the 3 decrypted messages so far: "We have been skies will part Hell again" Looks like we might be missing one decrypted message, we need more different words to finish the sentence.

2 people like this.
  14. marfish

marfish Senior Agent

Third email for archive purposes:

AGENT marfish,
    1. Action required:
    2. Background:

(1) RECOVERED FROM: Hans Sauter

This creature, living underneath houses, feeds on the saliva of the inhabitants til they dehydrate.

The only way to kill it is to burn the egg when it hatches, or burn down the house.

Zom ettd ds tlbffgmog zwxm. A dcwnpe hbglela qwj wg cst lbw af watw jw vfccmwzbrh szwcbda. Wv’z jpsg tmesalvl jstl qy Jxrfzmmwi twh yl epfx xplv bz owv hq ziqsmc cexwcm s fwuhaesk wuraspa. Og’zn im eftzfldqyo ta hjl avm tre hgxpnmnza app temhhl asidn uq dmwz. B lppw bsil rota wq kaeu ww xcmvkqvll tg mvve kw epau kqu’b lze ff fgz ywljwpn. Zphnvoifo sweg kkst afhzjdw i hmdecol jcsto grgu jwmt pwzg wwyittqtp pwts. Jlkv, W’f wvrw gzc’jg zqvstbz jproicl lq fgsiiwgk pnum xwjg.

3. Recommendation:

2 people like this.
  15. cronkllr

cronkllr Clearance Level: Gold & Black

I just got the same exact email I believe - I am going over the code but it looks the exact Same - I am posting this here just in case there was a diffrence

[​IMG]

AGENT cronkllr,

1. Action required:

2. Background:

=======================================​

(1) RECOVERED FROM: Hans Sauter

This creature, living underneath houses, feeds on the saliva of the inhabitants til they dehydrate.

The only way to kill it is to burn the egg when it hatches, or burn down the house.

Zom ettd ds tlbffgmog zwxm. A dcwnpe hbglela qwj wg cst lbw af watw jw vfccmwzbrh szwcbda. Wv’z jpsg tmesalvl jstl qy Jxrfzmmwi twh yl epfx xplv bz owv hq ziqsmc cexwcm s fwuhaesk wuraspa. Og’zn im eftzfldqyo ta hjl avm tre hgxpnmnza app temhhl asidn uq dmwz. B lppw bsil rota wq kaeu ww xcmvkqvll tg mvve kw epau kqu’b lze ff fgz ywljwpn. Zphnvoifo sweg kkst afhzjdw i hmdecol jcsto grgu jwmt pwzg wwyittqtp pwts. Jlkv, W’f wvrw gzc’jg zqvstbz jproicl lq fgsiiwgk pnum xwjg.

3. Recommendation:

16. Anou4r

Anou4r Active Agent

Fourth E-Mail:

AGENT anou4r,

1. Action required:

2. Background:

(1) RECOVERED FROM: Anselm Hundt

The mother of sea creatures, fifty paces long, resides in the mouth of the great river.

Be sure to blow on a conch if you go for a swim, or you’ll surely end up as her dinner.

Wow qulx bc rgngrzilg jiye. U bmuibf tucievm rod uq anf mnp wc wkfx bq tpaxyxlune sjidtxy. Gt’u pqrk pjecmmnf hcrg cz Vqnczwyxa nur wg qqrq wyrpyp ta gct vi earery dyrode y dkmmsfep svlukqs. Ue’nf ne fryvgfxizg zy vbq swy ynf bapqfslns fhq fjiibf stajl ii iexl. G hqjq ttar mqmf or wfav qq pdebienqd us rrwy mnp tfiu qan’f ajl dy rod nmtjczg. Deruthuns hmmg qulx ppoxcpe m wcleiye nrcam zdoy ymut vgsk lgfgmfyxe fety. Teok, G’m uode kos’rg faowilg hidwmrb tq lqlmxgni izcq mmrg.

3. Recommendation:

2 people like this.
  17. velocipedal

velocipedal Active Agent

Got this one as well. Solved with keyword: basiliscochilote

-- MESSAGE w/Key #1 = 'basiliscochilote' ----------------

you will be returning home. i bought tickets for us all and we will be travelling shortly. it’s been pleasant here in venezuela but we were told to get to safety before a disaster strikes. we’ll be travelling by the sky and hopefully the flight shall go well. i hope that part of what we predicted is true so this won’t all be for nothing. returning home will provide a welcome break from your busy lifestyle here. heck, i’m sure you’re looking forward to relaxing once more.

18. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

Do not share full link to the MailChimp due it might compromise your private information and in worst case, be unsubscribed for all TBW related emails!

2 people like this.
  19. raul_ct

raul_ct Moderator

ow, ok, didnt knew that

20. Kendaer

Kendaer New Agent

I received the Muller message, and (due to work) just got around to looking at it to find it's thoroughly solved.