Operation Silverspear

Discussion in 'Missions Center' started by codex-13, Aug 16, 2016.

1. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

[​IMG]
    Action Required

Work with NITE Team 4 to create a comprehensive monitoring network of postal offices around the world to counteract ongoing biological attacks.
    Background

So far today, Division 66 has been alerted of 54 biological attacks across the globe. All attacks have been carried out in a similar fashion - letters, delivered in the mail, containing an unknown fast-acting pathogen [Codenamed PERUN] which kills its host shortly after exposure. It is in a weaponized powder form and extremely lethal. An average of 5.3 people were infected by each letter, PERUN’s mortality rate is nearly 80%.It is not highly contagious - it appears to be focused on area of effect neutralization rather than uncontrolled propagation.

Teams dispatched to the incident sites reported trace levels of rupture radiation from the letter and victims. Analysis of this phenomenon is ongoing, but it may be contributing to the lethality of the pathogen.
    Updates

All letter used in the attacks share a similar profile:
    - Delivered by mail to businesses during regular hours
    - Contained Russian postage
    - Marked Urgent
    - Contained blank paper and a pathogen in weaponized powder form

All letters contained an untraceable mail ID tracking tag, suggesting the letters were injected into the mail system throughout the Russian territories. The size and scope of the organization behind the attacks is unknown at this time. We must assume we are dealing with a sophisticated group.

The pattern of the campaign suggests this is not a terrorist attack, but may instead be series of targeted assassinations or a large scale biological weapons test. At its current rate, a sustained campaign could reach a death toll of more than 1200 by the end of the week unless an early detection network is established.
    Instructions

All agents must work to gather recon photos of post office branches along with screencaptures showing wifi networks to create a comprehensive monitoring system of the world’s postal systems. Important details of the field work, including safety directives, can be found here: Archive 6F4FA7
    • The Global Alert Network map will be updated as the network increases in strength.
    • A broader Global Alert Network will allow more infected letters to be detected early and minimize casualties.

NITE Team 4 will use the information submitted by field agents to start an intrusion operation in the postal offices. They will then be automating scans to create an early detection and surveillance network.
    [​IMG]

I've wrapped the email all agents should have gotten in spoiler tags for the sake of brevity. The important links are as follows:

Situation Room changing before official event start
    Live Events Etiquette (older thread)
    Link to the Global Alert Network Map
    Instructions on how to register locations on the Global Alert Network map
    Google Doc I will be updating as needed to coordinate location captures

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2016
    8 people like this.
  2. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Aww yiss, here we go!

3. Castilion

Castilion Senior Agent

Yayyy my town isnt one of the reported sites!

2 people like this.
  4. raul_ct

raul_ct Moderator

how to wake me up at 8am and realise your city it's not in the list ☹

5. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Don't worry guys, this is similar to the situation we had with Falconreach so we can deploy similar tactics.

- If your city is on the map. Great! Go recon!
    - If you're near enough to travel to a city, definitely do so. During Falconreach I had a great day travelling to London and being all secret agenty
    - If you have contacts (family/friends) in cities, try to get them involved. It might seem weird asking them to take photos of post offices but come up with a good excuse. You're meant to be good at deception ;)
    - Finally we can try online contacts again. We made a few Reddit posts during Falconreach that caught some people's attention so online users may be able to help us out.

This is a worldwide event and so we need to use every resource we have at our command!
    Good luck agents

6. 4tre

4tre Senior Agent

I will recon for Montreal later today :)

3 people like this.
  7. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Senior Agent

Wait, can we recon cities that are not on the map? There is a post office near me, but I don't see my city on the map.

8. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

The ones on the map are our current targets. Phase 2 will involve all agents, including those not within easy access of the listed points.

Source: https://twitter.com/division66/status/765406993687404544

9. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Senior Agent

...Welp, I guess that trip was a waste of gas.

10. NomenLuni

NomenLuni Senior Agent

That's good. The nearest point to me is two hours away. I did attempt to upload a photo of my local post office though, but I don't think it went through. The 'uploading' dots kept getting longer and longer so I after an hour of this just closed the browser window.

11. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

I've changed the google doc we're using. If you have a bookmark on the old google doc, please click through the link to the new one. It's way easier to use.

Update on the scope of the mission: https://twitter.com/division66/status/765557803616497664

"Operation scope has been widened, field intel on ANY city submitted will now be added to the Global Alert Net."

I've updated the gdoc to reflect this. If you see someone has activated a location near you, please do what you can to boost it up to level 3 or 4.

2 people like this.
  12. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

[​IMG] Updates
    The attacks have spread outside the Global Alert Network. New victims have been reported across the globe and the situation is escalating. Division 66 has widened the scope of the operation. Field Intelligence gathered on any city, anywhere in the world will be added to the surveillance network.

[​IMG] Instructions
    All agents must work to gather recon photos of post office branches along with screencaptures showing wifi networks to create a comprehensive monitoring system of the world’s postal systems. Important details of the field work, including safety directives, can be found here: Archive 6F4FA7
    • The Global Alert Network map will be updated as the network increases in strength..
    • A broader Global Alert Network will allow more infected letters to be detected early and minimize casualties. We must reach maximum capacity no later than 00:00 UTC on 08/20/16.

NITE Team 4 will use the information submitted by field agents to start an intrusion operation in the postal offices. They will then be automating scans to create an early detection and surveillance network.
    Countdown: https://countingdownto.com/countdown/global-alert-network-image-deadline-countdown-clock

13. clutterArranger

clutterArranger Active Agent

I have a question about gdoc sheet. I have currently submitted another P.O. data to the site. Am I supposed to clarify the locations of the P.O.'s on somewhere(?) so other agents can also visit the same spots?

14. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Senior Agent

How do I activate a new city? Do I do it through the global alert network? If so, I typed in the necessary info, pictures and typed yes under submit. But nothing is happening. Am I missing something?

15. Balamung

Balamung Senior Agent

It takes time for HQ to validate the data, do not worry, it should be updated once data is reviewed =)

4 people like this.
  16. raul_ct

raul_ct Moderator

Update from IRC:

~Div66_Dispatch:
    Agents, we are forwarding updates regarding Operation SILVERSPEAR
    Attacks have spread outside the current Global Alert Network pool of cities and operation scope has been widened.
    Field intel on ANY city submitted to the network through intrusion.blackwatchmen.com will now be added to the Global Alert Network.
    Network must be at maximum capacity by no later than 00:00 UTC on 08/20/16.
    All agents need to mobilize, time is of the essence.

Is there any additional info required on the current operation status?

<KiRa937> If I get intelligence from non-agent, how should I submit it? Should I give address to non-agent and let him submit it or should I submit it myself?

~Div66_Dispatch If field intel is submitted via the Global Alert Network map, it will be reviewed and accepted. Contacts in an extended network can be approved.
    Field intelligence from an extended contact can be submitted by the contact or by the TBW agent directly.

Mochiinvasion how long between intel being submitted and city becomh active on map, roughly?
    ~Div66_Dispatch We do not currently have an estimation for time between submission and map activation, agents should not expect immediate activation.

KiRa937 And will there be other photos on twitter?
    ~Div66_Dispatch Field intel including photos will be posted during the operation, cannot currently confirm when this will resume.

Operation updates will continue to be submitted via the Division66 Twitter and our other secure broadcasting channels.
    Good luck in the field agents. o7
    We will return for status reports as necessary.

2 people like this.
  17. Zerosh

Zerosh Sleeper Agent

Status as of 2016-08-16 15:22 UTC
    Level 1 nodes: 6
    Level 2 nodes: 6
    Level 3 nodes: 0
    Level 4 nodes: 0
    Signal Strength: 04.5%

Very rough estimate:
    0.25*6 + 0.5*6 = 4.5
    400 Level 1 nodes for 100%
    200 Level 2 nodes for 100%
    ??? Level 3 nodes for 100%
    ??? Level 4 nodes for 100%​

Attached Files:

18. Ashielf

Ashielf Senior Agent

Thank you for opening it up to all cities. Much appreciated! :D

Good luck out there, agents!

4 people like this.
  19. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Any agents near the Austin area want to meet up? We need a level 4 city!

20. NomenLuni

NomenLuni Senior Agent

Yes. Thank you. I just uploaded the pics I took this morning.

2 people like this.