Operation Nightfall

Discussion in 'Archived Missions' started by thatangryviking, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Zankh

Zankh Senior Agent

CAC65EF received this code, I'm gonna drop it here in case one of you haven't already gotten the same sequence

2. Mkoch117

Mkoch117 Active Agent

FD7607A->D0DB1A1

3. Zargh

Zargh Moderator

Hi all.

92CBE16 -> 7520F4D
    1F19946 -> F27EA7D

4. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

CAC65EF -> AD2B616

5. RezLar

RezLar Senior Agent

I feel like the image behind the cypher wheel might be a historical document of some sort. Also did anyone notice that something is supposed to happen tomorrow at 11:30pm UTC... Might want to look into this.....

6. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

The strike team is preparing to crash the meeting at 11:30pm UTC tomorrow, so we've got that covered.

As far as the document goes, I believe someone mentioned the Voynich Manuscript at one point, but the text doesn't match. Actually given that we can see part of a couple words, abyss(al) (e)nergy, and the title containing (d)well and (aby)ss, I'm inclined to believe this is an original document by the church, possibly inspired by the Voynich Manuscript, given the botanical picture forming on the right.

7. Obyrith

Obyrith Senior Agent

472EB74 > 2A83CAB ^_^

8. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

Aquilas's part :

D97F83A -> BCD4961

9. zinnk_russia

zinnk_russia New Agent

B2CEAC3 - > 9523BFA

10. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Decoded for Agent Noah: 7EBC13A - > 5111261

EDIT:
    Also, if you want a better picture of the cryptogram at this point, here you go:
    DF1897A.png

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
    2 people like this.
  11. Medenor

Medenor Senior Agent

5A5B1E4 -> 3DB021B :)

12. Windir

Windir Senior Agent

C50911C -> A86E243

13. satyreyes

satyreyes Senior Agent

We're up to 179 fragments, or 17.5% of the image.

I've gone back over the thread since the deciphering method was cracked, hoping to pick up some extra grid pieces left behind by agents who either left their ciphertext here for others to solve or didn't enter their plaintext into Cryptography. Fortunately/unfortunately, all of the code segments (except the most recent by Agent Windir, which I took care of) have been properly decoded and entered into the Cryptography page. So much for low-hanging fruit! We really need more agents' help.

2 people like this.
  14. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

Good work though!

15. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

This image should always update then there is some progress of decoding
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  16. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Whoa, major progress being made just now. I'm gonna try and find some more info on it.

17. RezLar

RezLar Senior Agent

I could be wrong but I think that the title reads "Of the banishment of the dwellers of the abyss" does this mean anything to anyone?

Edit: Never mind it defiantly says that.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  18. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

New email from dispatch
    WARNING

Our agency has allocated additional resources to speed up the decryption of the cult transmission. You have been selected to be part of the initial group of Codebreaker Team Alpha, a new task force for this mission. Based on your high amount of activity in previous code breaking efforts you should have no trouble with these actions. Our analysts have extracted the codes that are still encrypted:
    http://pastebin.com/RdCk2bHF

Decrypted text needs to be submitted to our Data Composition Service here:
    http://cryptography.blackwatchmen.com/

We ask you to enlist the help of your fellow agents via IRC or online forums and grow the task force. We need as many active agents joining the code breaking effort as we can get.

Read the prepared guide for Cipher Wheel Encryption/Decryption here: http://archive.blackwatchmen.com/search/99BBF2

The secret key used to decrypt codes with the cipher wheel as well as additional instructions can be found below:
    SECRET KEY: 2R, 5L, 3L, 1R, 4R, 2L, 4L
    Instructions: http://i.imgur.com/7a1PBOV.jpg

Good luck agent, decryption of the Church of the Dark Sun document is of critical importance.

19. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Pffft, Dispatch tell us something we don't know ;)

3 people like this.
  20. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

So uh...
    Anyone else thinking we may be dealing with a rift here?

"Banishment of the Dweller of the Abyss"? Doesn't that sound like they're opening up said abyss and pulling shit out?

Maybe we should warn the strike team.

2 people like this.