Operation Nightfall

Discussion in 'Archived Missions' started by thatangryviking, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Smillia

Smillia Senior Agent

Twitter response from Ted.
    Faun Landry: THEY KNOW AND SOON YOU WILL SEE! The Elders punish traitors who divulge secrets. Your family, your real identity, everything that has been important to you. Brother Arvakhac has uses for you, and not all of them will be pleasant. The Abyss isn't kind to liars and deceivers. You're just a sitting duck. A sacrificial lamb.

15h15 hours ago
    [​IMG]
    Ted Benwall: I am certain that my identity has not been compromised, I can't be sure how long this will last though. I do have those close to me that I don't want hurt. I was planning to get out as soon as I got the proof I needed but this may prove to be even riskier than I thought. I've been receiving warnings from many people, I just don't know what to do anymore...

4 people like this.
  2. Killkeny

Killkeny Active Agent

187ED4B-->FBD3E72
    That´s it!! ;)

3. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

Excellent. Maybe it'd be best to move into a more sympathetic approach, tone down troll stuff and send more sympathetic stuff and warnings. He seems to be responding quite well to that. We might be able to just scare him away from this whole thing.

2 people like this.
  4. MERCury

MERCury Senior Agent

Have done my share:
    F5B39C4
    D818AFB

5. Sol

Sol New Agent

My part of the code :
    3E6A5C8 —> 11CF6FF.

6. Orodrieth

Orodrieth New Agent

Hey everyone. My code: B06A269 --> 93CF390.

7. glasspuppet

glasspuppet Gold Member

My piece of the code: AC8FD60 —> 8FE4E97

8. Renato lucci

Renato lucci Active Agent

EDIT2: Submitted my code: 36B411D --> 1919244
    EDIT: My bad, the example was for ENcoding, while we are DEcoding.

Ignore this post

I see everyone shifting the characters the exact opposite of what I thought we were supposed to do.
    The example (http://archive.blackwatchmen.com/search/99BBF2) uses a cipher that starts with '1 right' and shifts a B to a C ( adding 1 ). The cipher we should use on the fragment we have received starts with '2 right', yet everyone is subtracting 2.

Am I missing something or is everyone just copying from the guy before him?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2015
    2 people like this.
  9. Bach

Bach Senior Agent

Submitted my piece, too:
    E8B7406 -> CB1C53D

10. Bach

Bach Senior Agent

Made the same mistake. To encode a message, you have to shift the inner wheel, to decode it, the directions apply to the outer wheel.

11. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

My code : 78964E5 -> 5BFB51C

12. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

Just bringing this back. If you don't want to worry about encoding vs. decoding, or the wheel, just use this.

13. thatangryviking

thatangryviking Viking Turkey | The Bot Slayer

02B27EB > E517812

14. Cestan

Cestan Active Agent

finally got around to decoding. Traveling to keep my cover up. Had the following code 864DAAD, resulting in: 69A2BD4

15. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

CDCC357>A02148E

16. SwordFire

SwordFire Senior Agent

I did my part (Finally! TGIF!):

9A69E39 > 7DCEF60

17. LampostSamurai

LampostSamurai Active Agent

18. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

19. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Good to see. I guess now we wait for dispatch, and do the cryptograms. Will help more once I get back from work.

20. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Div66_Dispatch in the IRC - 20.30UTC 9/18/2015:

~Div66_Dispatch
    We are requesting an update on the NIGHTFALL mission, please submit your status report.
    SET 6 has reported that Benwall is showing signs he is very close to becoming totally discouraged and going into hiding.
    Until we receive clear confirmation of his resolve to abandon the ritual, continue to pressure him.

dylanamite
    Dispatch, have we received anything through the Honeypot number yet?

~Div66_Dispatch
    The sole communication received was regarding a key that unlocked the location of the ritual.
    We are unable to relay codes to other agents at this time, if this changes we will notify you immediately

Timesink
    if he does go into hiding, do we have alternate information sources?

~Div66_Dispatch
    We do not have alternate information sources, if agents see an opportunity to extract information from target they should take it.

BlackFennec
    So what can we do now? Only continue to pressure Ted?

~Div66_Dispatch
    The current objectives are to continue decryption of the cult transmission and complete the deception operation against Benwall to ensure we have effectively discouraged him from attending the ritual.
    We believe the decoded cult transmission will provide valuable insight into the Church and so it is of utmost importance that we obtain the data as soon as possible.

Timesink
    Any way to reach other agents who have not decrypted?

~Div66_Dispatch
    They cannot be reached at this time, we expect agents to enter this communication channel as they receive their codes and are seeing additional plaintext codes arrive in the forums.

fifthecho
    Should we be prepared to search around City Hall station in New York City tomorrow evening, or should we stay back and wait for other teams?

~Div66_Dispatch
    If deployment from agents is required, we will notify active agents. Until then, do not deploy resources to the ritual location.

LampostSamurai
    I just got a message from benwall saying he's considering my offer earlier to work with me.
    Is there any sort of specific adress I should give him to mail to if he agrees to?

~Div66_Dispatch
    We do not currently have an intel reception address to provide, we suggest playing into targets increasing paranoia and urge him to consider his family or friends.
    If we prepare an address, we will deliver it to you.

Timesink
    To elaborate on Samurai's question, it seems Benwall is not only getting discouraged, he may want to go into hiding. Is there some resource or sanctuary we can/want to offer as further inducement?

~Div66_Dispatch
    Involving our agency directly with Benwall by allocating resources may introduce a large amount of risk, we will investigate this possibility if target wishes to fully cooperate.

~Div66_Dispatch
    We will deliver further mission updates as needed.