Omicron Vision Session Analysis Contact

Discussion in 'Missions Center' started by PapaD, Apr 18, 2016.

1. PapaD

PapaD Senior Agent

Hello People,

Received a letter from Dispatches today including an artefact from that session. Will scan a copy and upload this evening.
    Anyone else receive similar yet?

3 people like this.
  2. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

Looks like nobody in the IRC has one yet, but I know I'll be on the lookout.

2 people like this.
  3. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those were inside the package.

4. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

I guess everyone is sent different things...

Jantsop's has been marked using binary which leads to GL

2 people like this.
  5. PapaD

PapaD Senior Agent

he
    Nice one, mine is a different colour, just scanned now
    Sheet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2016
  6. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Aaand the binary for yours is AF

3 people like this.
  7. PapaD

PapaD Senior Agent

hopefully they will all combine to create the PDF password perhaps

8. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

9. cronkllr

cronkllr Clearance Level: Gold & Black

Yes. I belive More agents will be recieveing more mail packages ( I have not checked my mail in a few days. ). This seems like it is prepping us for what is to come. ( since it's Omicron's VISION. ) I am so glad my black mission was successful so we could obtain Omicron and Epsilon .

This looks very interesting. I can't wait to see where this leads.

I will be checking my mail tonite to see if I got it as well.

2 people like this.
  10. BPotatoes

BPotatoes Senior Agent

I've determined that the Japanese leaflets are omikuji (fortunes) from Kawasaki Daishi temple.

3 people like this.
  11. WhiskyJack

WhiskyJack Active Agent

Received a letter myself today. Sadly I have been out of the loop for some time and currently don't have much time on my hands so I will post my leaflet below for others and hopefully I can come back to it sometime myself.

001.jpg
    002.jpg

2 people like this.
  12. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

apparantly the characters marked in whiskeyjacks leaflet, spell out the letters 1-8 (in japanese)
    1. ichi, green
    2. ni, blue
    3. san, red
    4. shi, purple
    5. go, blue
    6. roku, green
    7. shichi, purple
    8. hachi, red
    so we got two numbers for each color...

4 people like this.
  13. cronkllr

cronkllr Clearance Level: Gold & Black

We're the numbers on the paper you have listed 1 - 8 in order , or did it go in a certain order.

What I mean is . On the page does the first number marked start with a number 1 or a different number. I am just curious as I did not receive my clues yet. And have not had time to review the docs above for where you saw that.

2 people like this.
  14. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

i couldnt realy find an order for the numbers... the green one on the first page was the first that i recognised as six (roku), which was at the very top of the first page.
    youd really have to look at the image and the doc itself to see what i mean.

note that i only got the seven (shichi) by combining two leftover chars from both pages...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    edit: i think i got the order of the pages mixed up
    if i make a list of the numbers in order of when they 'start' i get:
    1-4-2-7-3-5-8-6
    and when making the list in the order of when they are completed i got:
    4-2-1-3-5-7-6-8

its still very ambiguous of what the exact order of numbers is....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2016
    2 people like this.
  15. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

I just was told about this. Currently at airport, on my way to meed MidDipper, but I will tell my family to keep an eye out for any suspicious letters and/or anything addressed to me. Also, hello all new and old players! Finally back from the dead, and now I am trying to catch up on the client missions :)

2 people like this.
  16. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

yesterday i mailed dispatch to ask how many different flyers have been sent out and i have been told there are 5.
    we currently have seen 4 so far, so there is still one more undiscovered.

given that there is one flyer with four colors, and we have three flyers with only one color, its likely that the last one also only has markings with a single color. (its likely to be purple)

while we have some features of these flyers figured out, we still dont know how to actually solve this thing. all we know so far is that the c-o-l-o-r is supposed to 'open' something what must then be 'transformed' into something else....

17. Tylee1

Tylee1 Active Agent

Uploading the final peice needed to be shown. Will post ideas once i get the chance to read through everyones work.

4 people like this.
  18. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

all information we actually were able to extract from the flyers are some binary codes for some letters
    and string of numbers.

"green" flyer gives: A and F
    "red" flyer gives: G and L
    "blue" flyer gives: S and R
    "purple flyer gives: U and O

"numbers" flyers gives: roku/6 (green), hachi/8 (red), shichi/7 (purple), ichi/1 (green), shi/4 (purple), ni/2 (blue), san/3 (red) and go/5 (blue)

and then there is the archive #fc34vn
    somehow we must be able to piece it together to get password to decrypt the pdf...

19. Catalyst

Catalyst Gold Member

I wasn't able to get anywhere with this lead, so I suspect it's a dead end, but if any of you forum types find a use for this let me know
    16 bits, as what each page gives us, is the right size for UTF-16, one of the unicode encodings. These each give a character from the CJK Ideographs block, but the only thing they have in common then is being mandarin-related and "Han" characters.

The UTF-16 codes can be found by looking up the unicode mappings for the hexadecimal values of the 16 bits.

If nothing else, it's an interesting tidbit.

20. Zerosh

Zerosh Sleeper Agent