ODS.01 Chapter 3 - Truth Seeker

Discussion in 'Missions Center' started by SGT Bristol, May 19, 2018.

1. SGT Bristol

SGT Bristol New Agent

Hey just looking for some a tip on this mission. I have Gneiss's PW but do not know where to go from there or what module to use to help me with my research. Ideas? Thanks

2. SGT Bristol

SGT Bristol New Agent

Use the FILE BROWSER under DATA FORENSIC

3. andrea

andrea Active Agent

how can you access to this mission? i have only chapter 1...

4. codex-13

codex-13 Community Manager

That's because you have the demo version of the game. Parts 2 and 3 are only accessible in the Closed Beta right now!

5. Seshemw

Seshemw Active Agent

I've failed to get one of the PRINCE keywords, so I'm wondering what I missed. And wow, the partials definitely have an increased timer discouraging brute forcing. With just one missing, the DBs take Significant Time(tm).

So, I'm forgetting. What other module could I have tried, potentially? Because as it happens, the password was a phrase I'd gotten through other research, so wondering if I could've put it in somewhere.
    And if someone wants to shoot me a PM to talk about the keyword I was missing, I'd love to know what I missed, and how I should've found it.

6. ShaggyJustin

ShaggyJustin Active Agent

I'm stuck on the last part of this one as well. I was able to get everything except for location the weapons are being stored. I believe I have tried all the combination in XkeyScore, and even found the optional link to newsstreamlive.ca but this last task has me stumped.
    Any nudges would be greatly appreciated.
    Thnx

7. mujie

mujie Active Agent

Which would be great if I knew how to use it...

8. ShaggyJustin

I can use it, but I think the link is broken. When I find the item I'm supposed to download, it does download, but then nothing. Its not in my casefiles, or anywhere.

9. ShaggyJustin

You should be able to use that by using the account name and password for the main individual in the case.
    I had to Brute force the password, but it did work
    Also, the location to browse would be the place where files are usually stored on the server.

10. ShaggyJustin

Still no luck. I can't seem to find any tip on where to find the weapons cache. Ant nudge or tip?

11. It was a difficult mission to figure out because when you think too "far" into the hacking and trying to decipher documents in your "tool" that you think is right but isn't is really frustrating but... It can be resolved if you think basics... do not step too far into the pool and you shall find the answer. Think how we discovered Laura's location.... that is a good hint

12. Vorpol

Vorpol New Agent

Stuck on last part aswell :( Dont remember how we did found laura, has been a little bit.

13. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

remeber that youre looking for/at a physical location, theres at least one tool youve used in the past for such a thing

14. Vorpol

Vorpol New Agent

I know about the gps tool but I have no cords and xkeyscore keeps giving me the same results. Found the email linking but cant find anything on the weapons

Edit: Literally just figured it out. Thank you!

15. gooseuk

gooseuk New Agent

Could some one help, I am trying to find the weapons but have been unable to get a location for it. I know I need to use the GPS function but can't get a lat and long

Many Thanks!

16. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

try pulling up some files, theres bound to be something usefull hidden in them

17. gooseuk

gooseuk New Agent

I have the address but not the lat and long, so confused.

18. gooseuk

gooseuk New Agent

I'm an idiot, disregard lol

19. faulty-phoenix

faulty-phoenix New Agent

I'm at the password cracking stage and:

I had a hard time understanding the audio conversation with the senator (due to my hearing). I managed to get "truth", and "bible" out of it for keywords. I was wondering if there are any others to find from the audio? I just wanted to see if I can skip the extra listens.

Thanks!