ODS.01 Chapter 2 - Security Reasons

Discussion in 'Missions Center' started by Clazman55, May 12, 2018.

1. Clazman55

Clazman55 Active Agent

Hi All,

I'm currently stuck on the last objective - Finding the employer.

I have a VPN through Truth, cracked the PW for the Fileserver, looked at the contacts and message lists on the phones for domains, tried to connect and back door all the phones.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but for the life of me, I cant figure out what that is.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thank you

2. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

the pw is actually part of the next mission, so you dont need it right now
    try to examine the phone a bit closer, and see if you notice something other devices didnt show

3. Clazman55

Clazman55 Active Agent

You aren't talking about the
    phone number that is in the clear on JG's phone
    , are you? I have it already, but not the slightest idea how to use it, if that is the difference.

It seems obvious that JG is working for TruthHub. The email in his phone seems to support that. Not sure how to prove that though

4. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

its defenitly not that
    you need another number
    theres a set of numbers that tell you his phone is connected to another network
    use those to your advantage

5. Clazman55

Clazman55 Active Agent

Ah...those numbers. Didn't even have to look at the spoiler. I hadn't thought much of them, everything just generates errors with those.

Clearly, I'm not going about it the right way though.

6. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

theres this tool the beta client didnt really explain you yet, but is defenitly needed for this mission
    if you played the alpha client and got your hands on the 2nd part of a.018 you might know what im talking about

7. Clazman55

Clazman55 Active Agent

I'll go look at the mission thread for that, see if I can verify my guess in the spoiler, on what you are talking about.

I'm guessing you are talking about MITM and maybe connecting to a webcam?

I did not play the alpha, only found this a few weeks ago. Definitely a step or two behind in the thought process required.

I'm not in Cybersecurity, just general SMB IT, and this plays a whole lot more like those troubleshooting steps in day to day work. Which means I can't just leave my brain at the door and go play. Love-hate relationship. lol

8. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

theres more stuff that tool can do, like forwarding URL's being visited

9. Clazman55

Clazman55 Active Agent

Like I said, missing something obvious. Thanks

Though I'm not entirely sure why I would have to see that he is visiting truthhub as proof. There is already sufficient evidence with the email detail his expense report as being submitted. You really only get those as an employee.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  10. Nioreh

Nioreh Active Agent

So I'm stuck in chapter 2 too :)
    I'm stuck in part 2, which we should hack our way through JG's phone.

I found the phones of josh wallace and raymond smith,, I found the email of redwood Dynamics, hacked in the fileserver, with the password, downloaded e pdf that I can't find again. So I think I should find JG's phone but I think I have missed something.

Any tipps for me?

11. Clazman55

Clazman55 Active Agent

Scan for wifi on a certain phone. You're missing a large chunk of the mission.

while connected through the cid backdoor on Josh's phone. You will have to enable something on his phone to do it.

Nioreh likes this.
  12. Nioreh

Nioreh Active Agent

Oh nice thanks Clazman55!
    The only thing I should have done is look for all phones :) I already found the phone from Raymond with this!

13. c0re

c0re Active Agent

In chapter 2 when I activate Wallace's hotspot it just spins, and the Turbine backdoor for his phone never progresses past "Booting Up".

I found the senator's phone too, just wondering if something is broken.
    I am having fun.

14. codex-13

codex-13 Community Manager

If it's spinning that means it's working! Look in the upper part of your screen to see what network you're currently connected to, it'll bump you over automatically I believe.

c0re likes this.
  15. MrLunarus

MrLunarus New Agent

I'm having some issues accessing the Truth

I got the info for the vpn on truth and did the exploit analysis. It tells me to do a udp and custom env var. Yet when I select the exploit the var is not available... I tried the rest of the options but nothing is popping through. [/spolier]

Any help is appreciated