Not able to write @

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Inexorabilis, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Inexorabilis

Inexorabilis Active Agent

Hello

i wanted to craft an email attack, but found out i'm not able to write an @ without closing the windows.
    On the German Keyboard Layout you type Ctrl+Alt+Q or AltGr+Q to add an @.
    Since Ctrl+Q is reserved to Closing Terminals and AltGr+Q behaves the same, this comes a little in the way.
    Is there any way to rebind the shortcuts?

Kind regards

2. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

This is a new one for us... We don't currently have a way to rebind the shortcuts, as a workaround you can try changing your keyboard layout on your computer or creating a different keybind for the @ symbol using a tool like WinHotKey.

3. Varisha

Varisha New Agent

I confirm this issue. It is not possible to write this on german layout keyboard. But I also don't see why we should change keybindings or layout on OS basis, as this effects any other application as well. Maybe there is a way to use 'E'-letter instead of 'Q' for this shortcut? Like "Exit" instead of "Quit" :)

4. Inexorabilis

Inexorabilis Active Agent

My workaround for this issue is to copy&paste the @, since this is the only acceptable workaround in this case.
    I think it would help if AltGr+Q wouldn't be recognized as a Ctrl+Q. In this case there would be no need to add a function to change the keybindings (As long as there are no other issues revolving around keybindings).