Niteteam4 Patient-alpha.pdf

Discussion in 'Suspected Missions' started by somethingoutthere, Jun 29, 2016.

1. somethingoutthere

somethingoutthere Active Agent

Played a little bit of the NITETEAM4 demo, and noticed that the file you delete as part of a mission (patient-alpha.pdf) contains some strange text. Tried to OCR it (why is the text not selectable? Unity strikes again!), but I don't think it worked properly, because (assuming it's base 64) I couldn't convert it. Any thoughts?

2 people like this.
  2. somethingoutthere

somethingoutthere Active Agent

Just realized I didn't post the image. That's probably important.
    [​IMG]

3. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

I don't know why I didn't try to decrypt this, but it's likely to be an aes encryption or something. I believe that's also base64, encoded with some key....

4. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

I feel that it may contain something special. We should attempt to decipher it into plaintext. I noticed a lot of the text is highlighted. A clue?

5. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

i transcribed the text so you can copy/paste the code from this post, so that not everyone has to type the entire thing...
    @Kakuzen i noticed that as well, but i also noticed that its only the numbers that are highlighted (and i havent found a non highlighted number), so i think it might be because of the used font.

encrypted text:
    43s7EyNXVGBYByZXqNkd60m2wgBKwojr9Y6l+pnRB
    CJ5A9BdLwLxB8zXSEbXesJl3+J2O2E4CwQYy023EJ
    f0L0w655ltLEXkM+ZtyLxBcO4id/CpojxDXXiUaRo
    C6KrIHX4J7Hwo2mzDufuHa1AxqJ/lm/sfPppG5MNQ
    iKZ8IjEG0u1DP4TeYJD8DpewESfGJx3kyb4C+DIB8
    yuJxLlWchtjHdlMuF0U0+/sLZpRTblHnQdazcE0T/
    ACJMLnrA5SxkNHvYNLQNzcgbpabwynjZue1lwg3k2
    I6dwvRlyXQzfgJKu0BlnifGfrn5FMCojixHLz9Nse
    mHRaVeYT4VtzPlZJTobIJRbDUrMvjtmavXkT6VfRf
    74jC9HpDe2jg/djTeraBEl8RHcbjfdpKR+r0zLAiF
    00a3ZhGSk7zE/asnI=
    ps: let me now you find any typos in this thing.. its a lot of text so i mightve missed something
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i noticed that the user probebly has installed veracrypt, which is probely how its supposed to be 'read'...
    https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Beginner's Tutorial
    i havent really read how it works exactly, but it does use EAS-encryption, which is what this encryption looks like..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2016
  6. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Yeah, just realized that it was only the letters. I thought one of the Ls was a 1. Oh well. Either way, they encrypted it, so it mustn't be all gibberish. Patient Alpha is pretty serious business in The Black Watchmen.

Anyway, does it do the same thing if you type numbers in the client? If so, then it should be fine. If not, well, there might be some sort of correlation.

7. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

okay, im really convinced its a font thing, since my 1 is slightly more highlighted than my l.

8. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Yeah, then it must be font only lol. Will check the encrypted stuff first thing I can.

9. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

This is definitely AES which means we'd need a password

10. Castilion

Castilion Senior Agent

Time to catfish a journalist?