Nite Team 4 Funcom Mission

Discussion in 'Suspected Missions' started by Kakuzen, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

I am out and about. I leave this to you. Found on funcom announcement e-mail.

Archive #BBT65
    8C3117AF-0E13-19D4-C214-20CB62A204F7.png
    Archive #AL07BZ
    F7AF69B6-D539-2798-7547-C7FF3E01169A.png
    Good luck, agents!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2016
    3 people like this.
  2. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

I believe this is supposed to be solved individually, rather than as a community mission.

However, if anyone does need any hints, feel free to message me on the IRC!

3. Kusaha

Kusaha Active Agent

[​IMG]
    Could somebody help me how to decipher this message? I haven't played TBW for quite long time and blanking out on this one, and I really would like to complete this mission, thanks!

4. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

in the document where you found that code, theres an archive number for the AMWOG codebook (#ANP334) and the AMWOG safehouse photo (#BC43RV) which should explain a bit, how this cipher works
    (you can also lookup operation silverspear, thats where this cipher originated from, and im sure theres mentioned how we decoded it)

or you can use this sheet to decipher its meaning; its faster, but not as much fun

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2016
    3 people like this.
  5. Lazaruz

Lazaruz Active Agent

Starting to draw a serious blank on this T_T

I've broken through the link password, and decoded the contents, but comming up blank on deciphering what he's actually talking about, based on the specs

If anyone could nudge me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated

6. NomenLuni

NomenLuni Senior Agent

Enter the specs into Google. The answer should appear immediately.

7. Lazaruz

Lazaruz Active Agent

Tried that, but getting nothing usefull (only tons of articles about USB).

I could be doing it wrong though, but not sure how to better reprase and narrow the search terms

8. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Small Spoiler
    Look for military grade technology

Big Spoiler
    US National Security Agency has some interesting tools!

2 people like this.
  9. NomenLuni

NomenLuni Senior Agent

I'm on stage two now but I'm unsure what to do next.

I found Raysol's receipt on Pastebin but the long series of numbers there doesn't seem to translate into anything. I tried both asciitohex and an ebcdic converter I found online but neither gave me anything useful. Any other suggestions/hints?

10. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

ive found cryptii.com very helpfull for this mission ^_^

11. NomenLuni

NomenLuni Senior Agent

I will try it. Thanks.

Edit: Solved it. Thanks for your help. :)

12. Lazaruz

Lazaruz Active Agent

I'm actively embarrassed to admit this, but using these as refference is what it took for me to realise what @NomenLuni told me actually worked all along :oops: It was sitting right there on the result screen all this time, but I guess my sleep deprived mind skimmed it, and immediately filtered it out as something unrelated

Looks like I've gotten sloppy since SILVERSPEAR was concluded XT

Now onwards to stage 2!

4 people like this.
  13. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

Maybe take a nap Lazaruz :) Friends don't let friends solve puzzles while sleep deprived.

4 people like this.
  14. Kusaha

Kusaha Active Agent

Thank you Zaelong, for some reason I missed that there were actual text under the pictures, so I had no idea what do with them... yeah strange.
    Anyways now I finally been able to complete stage 1, i'm on to stage 2, and sadly immediately got stuck once again...
    I've been able to recognise that the long string in the PDF was coded in BASE64, and what I got out from it was: "bmt.ly/raysol_invoicu_45rt" but I just can't figure it out what to do with this.

15. Natalia X

Natalia X Active Agent

Double-check your entry. What I thought at first was a number was actually a letter.

I've gotten to the solution of that ^^, but even with @zaelong's hint, I'm still stuck there.

16. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

you should look carefully at those numbers to determine what base they actually are.
    at first glance you would think it's base10...
    note the missing digits

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2016
    2 people like this.
  17. Natalia X

Natalia X Active Agent

Oh, good grief. I had the correct base, I was trying to force a different output. Thanks @zaelong!

18. VirtusVotis

VirtusVotis Senior Agent

Hmm, having a spot of trouble figuring out the
    , specifically the
    meaning of #N0
    Was doing fine up 'til now. I've done a Google search, but nothing seemed relevant, and I have NO idea what I might be looking for.

19. indigochill

indigochill Active Agent

It's something from the established canon of the TBW universe, broadly speaking.
    Sometimes, though, you're just digging too deep.

2 people like this.