New To Arg

Discussion in 'Archived Missions' started by cursedz, Mar 26, 2015.

1. cursedz

cursedz New Agent

Just started the beta but as it is my first ever arg I have literally no clue where to begin in mission 1, my first instinct was to look for other fire related murders of any religiously associated individual but that is all I have so far, and help that is given to this new black watchmen agent is greatly appreciated.

2. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Hey Cursed,

The first 3 missions in the client are a good introduction to this ARG. These 3 are contained in the client in such a way that you don't need to research via Google. I recommend that you come into the IRC (using the live chat button on the forums) and we can give you tips and help you get started!

5 people like this.
  3. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

All I can say is that you are on the right direction with your investigation. :) PM me of you need help or start a call for help, we will pitch in and help you out!

4. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master

Welcome to the ARG community @cursedz! Good luck with Mission 1!

2 people like this.
  5. fairiefire

fairiefire Active Agent

What's the best way to avoid a red herring or wild goose chase?

6. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

I don't know, but if you figure it out, please share...I have been doing this for years now, and still get herring-ed. Herringed?

7 people like this.
  7. MERCury

MERCury Senior Agent

Already failing in mission one - me?
    edit: Aarrgh - too easy - but that predicts fun for the future...
    Herring fishing at blackfish pond...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  8. Zerosh

Zerosh Sleeper Agent

I would say that a good way is to keep it simple. Many times the answer is there, staring at you, but we tend to overthink (says the master of overthinking u__u ).
    For example, in Mission 1 - Pattern Recognition you don't need to go outside the document you have to find an answer. Another example is Mission 3 (both parts), the question itself is giving you the answer xD
    What has worked for me up until now is to first exhaust all possibilities with only the clues at hand, and maybe a simple Google search. And then, if that doesn't work, take a step back to gradually consider more far fetched theories.

4 people like this.
  9. riningear

riningear Division-79

Also, ask yourself again and again --

What EXACTLY are they asking for? A date? Location? "Computer Password"?

Try to figure out what this entails and what would be valid to enter as an answer.

6 people like this.