New Recruit General Question & Answer

Discussion in 'Welcome Recruits' started by crux, Jul 5, 2016.

1. crux

crux Special Adviser

Greetings recruits! We know that the work you do here will likely cause you to encounter some interesting questions and we want to help you find the answers. This thread is for anyone that has a question they would like to have answered by a fellow agent or staff. Newbie questions very welcome!

4 people like this.
  2. HeEatsHamsters

HeEatsHamsters New Agent

Hello, so I am somewhat new to the game in the sense that I played through some of Season 1, bought Season 2, but was unable to play and take part in any of the live action events due to life events. I was wondering if there are any plans for a Season 3, because I would very much enjoy playing as the plot develops.

3. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

I don't think any 'official' announcement has been made, but if you finish Season 2 you'll understand why many of us are pretty certain Season 3 must be in the works.

4. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Anashel also said that it is currently in the works story-wise, then they have to do the financial aspect. They might put out a DLC sandbox called Mother Russia in the meantime, which will tie up the loose ends from the Gate 33 ARG from The Secret World.

5. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

speaking of gate 33; is there some board/topic were i can read what happened back during the TSW stuff? i was told it involved some "time-travel stuff" and the disappearance of division-33?

3 people like this.
  6. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Yeah, I would like to read up as well. Especially since I couldn't do the Secret World ARGs

7. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

8. Ingerjules

Ingerjules Active Agent

Hey there! Question.. What difference do the in game classes make? Is there an actual distinction, or are they purely for aesthetic flavor, or do they make more of a difference in season 2 (currently on S1M17) and live events? Thanks for any and all replies!

9. crux

crux Special Adviser

For the time being, the classes don't have a big impact on gameplay in The Black Watchmen client. They're mostly for telling other agents what kind of expertise you have/are interested in. For example, I'm interested in hacking so my class is set to Cybertech. However, we are exploring ways to tie classes in that might mean they play a bigger role later on.

2 people like this.
  10. Ingerjules

Ingerjules Active Agent

Thank you much for the reply with haste, appreciated. It was mostly just out of curiosity. I'm curious to see what you guys do with the system in future seasons/events. Best of luck! :D

2 people like this.
  11. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

We plan to make some bridge with the extended universe. For example, being a Cybertech will give you a set of free mission in NITE Team 4 and beying a scientist could give you a set of mission in Ahnayro: The Dream World. Both game are in the Black Watchmen Universe and they share some of the NPC.

2 people like this.
  12. Memento

Memento Active Agent

I have a question that might potentially be spoiler territory. I will try being as dicreet as I can. In the 2nd mission set (the set after training) is the briefing video cut short? If not, is there a way I can view the video outside of the game since the video isn't being downloaded.

13. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

@Memento Hit me up in IRC or Forum PM