My Steam Review So Far For Tbw.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kakuzen, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Here is the review on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kakuzen/recommended/349220/

ALRIGHT, TIME TO CLEAR A FEW THINGS UP

• This game is NOT subscription-based! Think of it more like The Walking Dead series, where you pay for a season whenever it comes out. You can play any seasons you own indefinitely.
    • This game WILL take over your life. Like the slogan in the old ARG Majestic from EA: "It plays YOU" Will clarify later.
    • The game on Steam is only 25% of the actual game. It takes place in real-life, on websites created specifically for the game, and on social media.

Before I start with anything, I would like to make this clear: This game will be one of the most unique experiences you will ever have, and it will take over your life (I am saying this again for emphasis). They will make calls to you, they will send you packages, etc... If they need to contact you, they will, be it social media, e-mail, phone calls, you name it.

BUT, BEFORE YOU BACK UP, SAYING "EHH, THIS SEEMS SHADY", KEEP THIS IN MIND:

You absolutely DO NOT have to give them any info. All these things are completely optional and will not work against you if you decide to not do so. They only act to increase the immersion of the game.

You have FOUR types of Agent Levels:
    • RED is the lowest level of immersion. Interactions with red level agents will take place through the mission hub and by email.
    • ORANGE is more intense: voicemails, references to your area of operation - an aerial view of a nearby intersection, for instance - live streams from your hometown, and even live calls to, say, a phone booth at the end of your street.
    • YELLOW is the highest level of immersion conventionally available. It involves phone calls (which might come at any time of day), suspicious packages sent by mail, and real world interactions with NPCs.
    • GREEN is only open to the bravest agents. If you are selected to experience the deepest level of immersion, you must submit a full medical exam and sign a personal injury waiver - just in case any harm should come to you during your mission. Green level is not for the faint of heart, but if selected, you will remember the experience for the rest of your life.

Let me actually clarify some more on the Green Agent level. This is not one for the faint of heart. This is THE most immersion you will get out of this game. Packages in the mail, phone calls, a black van sitting outside your doorstep, really anything! Make sure you have plenty of time if you are going to do this, though. It makes you a mission-imperative agent, and the success of missions will depend on your cooperation.

This game covers tons of different topics. Currently, we went over these subjects:
    • Cryptography
    • Social engineering tactics
    • Human trafficking
    • Human experimentation
    • Occult magicks
    • Photo reconstruction
    • Wiretapping
    • Goetic demons
    • Alchemy
    • Summoning rituals
    • Stopping the END OF THE FREAKING WORLD
    • How to screw around on the IRC channel instead of actually finish the missions! :D

We just reached the end of Season 1, and I am super excited for Season 2!

The live events are definitely one of the best parts of this game.

Live Missions are the thing that really make this game that much more immersive. Instead of just adding a new mission to the client, they will send either a phone call to a select few agents, or an e-mail message (usually both). It is then up to the community to do the following:
    • Figure out clues that are left in the small amount of info provided
    • Communicate effectively, figuring out solutions that would otherwise be impossible to do alone
    • Update Dispatch daily with their progress, providing them with information, pictures, or whatever they need at that time
    • Do things not just in-game, but in real life! (For example, we all had to find an iron statue, and draw a sacred sigil, aiding in the fight against some crazy cultists)
    • Meet up with other agents out in the field, or work together with non-player characters.

What I listed here is only the tip of the iceberg here, folks. In Season 2, it is bound to get even more crazy and more immersive than ever before.

SO, TO SUMMARIZE, WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS GAME?
    ABSOLUTELY!

This is definitely one of the most unique gaming experiences I have ever been a part of, and I am glad to have this game in my library.

Do you like games that constantly break the norms, and keep you on your toes?
    Then this game is for you.

Do you love it when games constantly keep things fresh and interesting, without too much handholding on new missions?
    Then this game is for you.

Here are some words from our IRC group:

Just for your info, the Puzzle Pieces are the hard-mode part of the missions. Hidden secondary answers to the missions you already did.

ANYWAY, I hope you consider adding this game to your collection. It is one of the best experiences I have ever been a part of, and I hope to see you soon in-game!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2015
    5 people like this.