Mother Russia - Special Operation

Discussion in 'Suspected Missions' started by Anashel, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Format-Steam.jpg

Hey! This is the official Mother Russia discussions thread. Feel free to talk, speculate and exchange ideas about the upcoming DLC.

It's also a great opportunity to start gathering intel on the event that lead to Msika's disappearance. Here are some useful links to help get you started:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
    10 people like this.
  2. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Active Agent

I am really far behind on my mission progress (trying to catch up), but I saw an email about this DLC, and I was a bit confused. I thought these storylines "A New Mission Begins" and "End Of Days" were no longer canon. What with them happening in an alternate universe.

3. Anashel

Hey TCO!
    Msika was initially in a secret society (TSW) as a recruit before the filth event. (2012: A new mission begins).

In TSW universe:
    • The tokyo incident happened
    • Msika moved from the Secret Society to The Black Watchmen
    • She infiltrated the Morninglight
    • She fled to Russia and we lost contact
    • The Black Watchmen mostly disapeared and the Secret Societies are now in power

In (our alternate) TBW universe:

• The tokyo incident didn't happen
    • The secret society didn't rise to power
    • Msika joined The Black Watchmen
    • She infiltrated the Morninglight as a Black Watchmen agent (2012: TSW End of days)
    • She disapeared in Russia
    • Black Watchmen listed her as MIA
    • New lead revealed she was sold in a human trafficking ring specialize in trading spy agent
    • A mission was set to rescue her (2014: Barbizon Hotel mission)
    • Msika returned home, but in a vegetative state due to extensive torture she suffered over the year in captivity
    • Gwendolyne (her wife) wanted revenge, blaming The Black Watchmen for the fate of Msika.
    • Gwendolyne killed Capitain William Patrick
    • A special mission was put in action to intercept Gwendolyne (2016 Comic Book - Coming soon)
    • During a safe house raid, Black Watchmen uncover Msika notes from her stay in Russia. (July 2016)
    • Upon preliminary review of the notes, immediate action is required: a Special Operation is approved code name "Mother Russia"
    • Training facilities are set up and tactical briefing are being prepared. The mission is set to be launch in August.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  4. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Active Agent

Thank you so much for that in-depth answer! Totally makes sense now. Looking forward to see more about Mother Russia. ;)

2 people like this.
  5. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

If i recall, Msika was an agent of the Dragon during the end of days ( tsw perspective).

6. Anashel

In The Secret World universe, she was introduce in "A New Mission" as a Dragon Agent, but played only a small role. During that time, The Black Watchmen acted as subcontractor and neutral communication channel between the three factions. She left the Dragon and joined The Black Watchmen at the beginning of "End of days" ARG.

In our alternate universe - No filth - No Tokyo incident - it was never completely disclosed how the Black Watchmen gained such momentum recently. Rumours talk about a major mining incident involving Indium. Maybe if we bribe Gladys or her daughter Agent Lawson, we could know more...

8 people like this.
  7. Castilion

Castilion Senior Agent

TBW COMIC?! *dies*

5 people like this.
  8. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

(using radio) "Div-42, Reanimation service ?
    Yeah.. another one."

8 people like this.
  9. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Holy crap, King Goldemar of the Kobolds? Interesting spin on the excessive taking of resources. I am interested on what Gladys would say regarding it. Does she have an e-mail we could contact her by?

4 people like this.
  10. Torch

Torch Active Agent

Will Mother Russia content be playable live if I have not completed Season 2 by release?

2 people like this.
  11. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

i believe all seasons, sandboxes and special missions can be started, without having to have finished the main season

2 people like this.
  12. Torch

Torch Active Agent

Well that's good to know. Thanks!

Edit: Since Anashel has liked this reply, I'll assume that's confirmation of the above info. Sweet!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2016
    2 people like this.
  13. Blader

Blader Active Agent

The Mother Russia dlc appears to be available on steam now.
    Edit: it also seems to not be playable, I bought it before even think of that.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2016
  14. DeiDhena

DeiDhena Senior Agent

Mother Russia DLC is playable!

15. zoog

zoog New Agent

So I'm quite new to TBW. So is this DLC 'time sensitive' like live events/best played right after release or something? Does it matter at all if I'll buy/play it now or decide to do that later (after finishing season 1 and/or season 2 for example)? Probably a rookie question eh :)

16. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

@zoog The Missions that come with the DLC can be played anytime. At the moment, as it's newly released, most of the community will be playing through them and so they'll be plenty of people around to solve with or get hints from.
    However, even if you wait and solve it after completing the seasons I'm sure you'll have just as much fun! They'll always be agents around willing to help you out :)

2 people like this.
  17. liquid3AM

liquid3AM Active Agent

Hmmm... the email stated "Mother Russia" will be free for people who already own Season 1, but it didn't unlock for me.

18. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Where does it say that? It states that it's "available" for people who own Season 1, but it's an expansion pack, so you're going to have to purchase it. Basically, you can't play Mother Russia without the base game at least, sorry to say!

Have fun, agent!

2 people like this.
  19. Anashel

Hey there!

Mother russia is not free, it's a paid DLC. The live event was free for everyone. You don't have to complete season 1 and 2 to play the DLC, you can jump right in.

2 people like this.
  20. liquid3AM

liquid3AM Active Agent

@Anashel @Kakuzen Thanks for fast reply. Trying to figure out how this brain fart happened - I guess it's just a combination of half-awake reading and the fact that Season 2 was free :)