Mission #9

Discussion in 'Missions Center' started by dylanamite, Dec 5, 2015.

1. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Now that your Advanced Training is over, it's time to get you back in action.
    Use your new-founded skills to solve this case.

Use this thread to discuss Mission 9 of Season 2.
    Feel free to post theories, clues, hints, or anything else, as long as you DO NOT POST THE ANSWER.

I will keep this thread updated as more gets posted.

2. cronkllr

cronkllr Clearance Level: Gold & Black

Does anybody have a nudge they want to give for 9.1?

3. Lyrah

Lyrah Senior Agent

Keeping looking more into the artwork

4. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

Focus on the fact that it is a sacred object to this tribe.

5. cronkllr

thank you both. I had the answer but had a typo on the entry screen. That is the #1 killer of agents = Entry typos - They will lead you down the rabbit hole.

2 people like this.
  6. satyreyes

satyreyes Senior Agent

Agent Kasdall did not see fit to provide in his or her "detailed visual description" such details as the material from which the object is made, the shape of the object, the nature of the carvings and paint marks, or the manner in which it indicates a location. (Is there a big red X, or what?) Agent Kasdall also did not ask our tribal contacts to provide the name of the object; presumably this also would have been sacrilegious. I respectfully submit that the agent should be required to undergo communication skills training. In the meantime, I'm an hour and a half into reading Wikipedia articles on Aboriginal art and Googling various keyword combinations (tribe name, the descriptors provided by Agent Kasdall, words like "sacred" and "art") and am no closer to the answer. A little more help? How did you break in?

7 people like this.
  7. cronkllr

Think about what kind of tribe it is ( general term ) and use that in conjunction with "Sacred" since it is listed 2 times I found that it was conveying it was important. with those 2 you should be able to find the answer easily

8. LionOfComarre

LionOfComarre Senior Agent

Does anyone have a solid tactic for the cave strike? I ended up brute forcing it, somehow ended up only losing one agent.

9. cronkllr

By using the footprint patterns from The previous mission , I was able to figure out where he moved to and what direction. Made it 100% easier.

10. satyreyes

satyreyes Senior Agent

Found the answer to 9.1 after another half an hour. :) It's possible that I'm just slow and no one else will have trouble, but just in case:
    The object is NOT sacred to the tribe we're talking to; your guess is as good as mine how they got a hold of it. It's sacred to a different tribe, one closely associated with a town that is a center of Aboriginal art and culture.

3 people like this.
  11. LionOfComarre

LionOfComarre Senior Agent

I considered that, but the steps in the patterns were under 4 feet, and the blocks were a meter square, and as far as I could tell it seemed to be moving more than one block around at the time, so I wasn't sure how to apply the patterns.

12. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

The scale in the 2001 report may not exactly match the mini game scale, but you can adjust it to fit properly or just use it as a vague guide so you know the patterns it likes to use.

13. cronkllr

Nudge 1.
    Ok so do you see a easier pattern than the others? Go after the being in that specific grid. You do not have to but, I found it made it A lot easier to locate.

Nudge 2.
    Use grid B. Knowing that walking pattern and how far away he is makes it a lot easier to land on it. As it is only walking in that direction.

14. Aquilas

Aquilas Senior Agent

15. DeiDhena

DeiDhena Senior Agent

on www.academia.edu you can find the meaning of two words in Agent Kasdall's report
    puthurru kutyi

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015
  16. Agent Diesel

Agent Diesel Active Agent

The last mission is maddening!
    Spoiler Video

2 people like this.
  17. Elegenta

Elegenta Active Agent

Would anyone like to give me a nudge for 9.2 (Area of Effect)?

Thanks in advance.

18. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

@Elegenta
    You should be able to find the location simply by googling 'Death Rock', as it is a common name used by locals of that station.

19. Elegenta

Elegenta Active Agent

My thanks.

20. Zerosh

Zerosh Sleeper Agent

After spending hours trying to figure out 9.3 I think I need help. Is there any logic behind it?
    I'm using the patterns described here http://archive.blackwatchmen.com/search/6C21C6 for each zone:
    A 2 feet up - 1 feet left
    A 1 foot down - 2 feet right

B 1 foot left - 2 feet up
    B 1 foot right - 2 feet up

C 2 feet up - 1 foot right
    C 1 foot down - 2 feet right

D 1 foot left - 2 feet up
    D 1 foot left - 2 feet up

One problem is: 1 feet = 0.3048 meters
    Assuming there is not an error in the pdfs, how do you track the movements? using 1/3 or 2/3 of a square?
    On the other hand, assuming 1 square = 1 foot doesn't seem to work either.

Another problem is either that the patterns I'm using are wrong calculated or that the entity doesn't follow them. For example, if the enity spawns on B what happens when it reaches the top? What I have observed is that it doesn't go to D.
    In one of my tries the entity spawned in B. Then I think I followed it all the way to the top of B and after that it seemed to go back to the bottom of B and finally end up in A.

I'm at a loss so any help will be greatly appreciated.