Mission #8

Discussion in 'Missions Center' started by dylanamite, Dec 5, 2015.

1. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Now that your Advanced Training is over, it's time to get you back in action.
    Use your new-founded skills to solve this case.

Use this thread to discuss Mission 8 of Season 2.
    Feel free to post theories, clues, hints, or anything else, as long as you DO NOT POST THE ANSWER.

I will keep this thread updated as more gets posted.

2. LionOfComarre

LionOfComarre Senior Agent

Having trouble with this one.

The first alternative seems to be
    Gurrmirringu, a primeval ancestor figure refered to as the Great Hunter in the mythology of a specific tribe in the Northern Territories of Australia. However, I'm having a hard time finding any connections to specific locations for him. It is mentioned one place that upon death his spirit became a stone sitting at the mouth of the Glyde river, but neither Castlereagh Bay or Arafura Sea work. Wouldn't make sense with there being sand under where his head lay, either.

Other obvious candidates are

Steve Irwin and Orion, but I can't find any obvious links to specific locations for either. Australia Zoo didn't work. I would rather expect it to be something else relating to aboriginal myth, or I'm barking up the wrong tree and it ccould just be a placename relating to the word Hunter.

3. Wage

Wage New Agent

There's a head made of sand in Australia

4. cronkllr

cronkllr Clearance Level: Gold & Black

8.1 Some help for you.
    You will want to make use of advanced google searches that you learned how to do in training of season 2 .Words , descriptions and more will make your searching a lot easier.

5. Gödel

Gödel Senior Agent

8.2 Help (HUGE 8.1 SPOILERS)
    Keep researching at the Marree Man.

Research the construction of the Marree Man.

2 people like this.
  6. Aquilas

Aquilas Senior Agent

7. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

That's a bit misleading.
    They had no relation to the construction, and actually called for the DEstruction of it. In fact, nobody has actually claimed to have built it to this day.

8. Agent Diesel

Agent Diesel Active Agent

Super Spoilerific Video

9. Sanner

Sanner Active Agent

Was so distracted by egyptian site in Hunter Valley in Australia in 8.1...

10. Athene Noctua

Athene Noctua Active Agent

I know this is very old but...

Forget Orion. Whilst it is technically visible from the Southern Hemisphere, it is below the horizon at the Southern Hemisphere Vernal Equinox (which is the date we're dealing with (or near as dammit)).