Mission #4

Discussion in 'Missions Center' started by dylanamite, Nov 24, 2015.

1. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

We're going to be getting our first Training Missions for Season 2 sometime this week, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to prepare in advance!

Use this thread to discuss Mission 4 of Season 2.
    Feel free to post theories, clues, hints, or anything else, as long as you DO NOT POST THE ANSWER.

I will keep this thread updated as more gets posted.

2. Prythe

Prythe Active Agent

Anyone can help me with the second part? i broke my mind with the gimp already with no result :(

3. kelbris

kelbris Senior Agent

I am in the same boat, any assistance is appreciated.

4. LionOfComarre

LionOfComarre Senior Agent

I overlooked it at first too.

It's not gimp, and it's at the very end

5. Prythe

Prythe Active Agent

a pity i used at the(the program) begining but not scrolled to the sides :(

6. kelbris

kelbris Senior Agent

I GOT IT!!! Here is a hint

read through the documentation, try other methods that GIMP does not possess features for.

7. kelbris

kelbris Senior Agent

I hate to say it but I am stuck on the last part. Can anyone please give me a clue? I am not sure how I am supposed to decrypt the image.

8. Prythe

Prythe Active Agent

i used a hex program and i found the images were created in gimp by a mac i dont know where this is going but i post this anyway

9. Prythe

Prythe Active Agent

WOAH that was complicated
    if gimp is not much help i was recomended pixlr lets begin the maths :p

10. raul_ct

raul_ct Moderator

2 people like this.
  11. Aquilas

Aquilas Senior Agent

2 people like this.
  12. Janzu

Janzu Active Agent

2 people like this.
  13. Immortus

Immortus New Agent

Great mission, although I was stumped for a little while on the third part, even though I thought I had the answer. Note for any Brits I guess,
    use American spelling? Didn't realise it would have an effect on the solution but it does apparently.

14. Agent Diesel

Agent Diesel Active Agent

Spoiler Video. You've been warned!

2 people like this.
  15. Curiosity Kitten

Curiosity Kitten Active Agent

Your first image code-word seems to have decided to stay behind on your original server. I was going crazy last night trying to figure out why I wasn't finding it, watched the relevant part of the Twitch stream from @Aquilas this morning (thank you, Aquilas), saw the URL was different, downloaded the old one, and there it was.

So basically:
    OLD: Codeword! :D
    blackwatchmen.s3.amazonaws.com/cms/uploads/EA6CD5C0-4297-48D1-4FBA-B11642039353.jpg

NEW: No Codeword. :(
    fast.blackwatchmen.com/cms/uploads/EA6CD5C0-4297-48D1-4FBA-B11642039353.jpg

I am not filling out the required Spoiler Requisition Form since watching that video was what made me realize that the image I was using was on a different server and that the problem was with the image, not with any kind of damage I suffered when listening to that audio file (proper precautions WERE taken), nor with any problems with my Occult Virus Scanning Software, which I have verified is up to date. I would like to file a request with Division 79 to receive a credit for "that hour of my life back," however. I would also like to request access to the Badger Works Lab in Hall 4A. When I tried using my keycard there, it didn't allow me to enter, it just gave me a mild electrical shock and burned an Enochian protection sigil into my retinas that stayed there for a few minutes, kind of like when you stare at a light bulb too long. It was really unpleasant...

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Agent Engie likes this.
  16. Agent Engie

Agent Engie New Agent

As Kitten said.