Mission #30

Discussion in 'Missions Center' started by crux, May 6, 2016.

1. crux

crux Special Adviser

Use this thread to discuss Mission 30 of Season 2.
    Feel free to post theories, clues, hints, or anything else, as long as you DO NOT POST THE ANSWER.

Spoiler tags are your friend!

2. cronkllr

cronkllr Clearance Level: Gold & Black

THE BEST ENDING TO A SEASON EVER
    And A huge thank you to the staff of Alice and Smith for a FANTASTIC season, And all the Hard Work, Blood, Sweat, Tears and Time put into it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2016
    7 people like this.
  3. themadhuman

themadhuman Senior Agent

No doubt, much gratitude for all the effort and creativity that fueled this wild ride! All I can say is, WOW!

5 people like this.
  4. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Season 3 is gonna be intense.

5 people like this.
  5. VirtusVotis

VirtusVotis Senior Agent

So, has anyone figured out
    the "THIS YEAR A SAINT IS BORN" thing?
    That image did move me in the right direction, but it didn't really have anything to do with that part of the clue. Is that a red herring of some sort? I have some theories about what it meant, but nothing certain.

6. zaelong

zaelong Division-79

its not really a red herring; because i never would have solved this puzzle without that part.
    i guess its more of a hint/lead to the 2nd part and semi-irrelevant to the answer

7. VirtusVotis

VirtusVotis Senior Agent

Ah, that makes some sense. Is it referring to
    Saint Romuald, founder of the Camaldolese order?
    That's all I could think of, since
    the person depicted in the illustration is part of the Camaldolese order, as well.

8. PapaD

PapaD Senior Agent

A Great ending to the season, I was pushing to hard trying to find a more difficult answer than was needed to complete this, even so, some elements lost me completely.
    I think it should have been Midipper! that would have been crazy

3 people like this.
  9. zaelong

zaelong Division-79

PLOTTWIST
    they are actually long lost twins;
    all can be explained with rift events throwing one into the future/past to explain the age gap

5 people like this.
  10. PapaD

PapaD Senior Agent

Well I'll be! that explains it

11. Wojteknology

Wojteknology Active Agent

That Season 2 ending was fantastic, and of course now I am going find something to occupy my time until Season 3.

4 people like this.
  12. Greenhead

Greenhead Senior Agent

I'm stuck on the first step of this.
    I see there's a Rosicrucian symbol in the photo, but I have no idea how to go forward from here. I can't find anything on the larger symbol, and I can't find any specific curse related to Rosicrucians.
    Help?

13. themadhuman

themadhuman Senior Agent

They have a way of communicating with each other
    with that sigil

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
    2 people like this.
  14. DeiDhena

DeiDhena Senior Agent

I solved 30.1 without following
    the rosicrucian path,
    just looked for
    death curses:
    the one I found can be written in different ways and is not directly related to the
    symbol in the photo,
    in my understanding.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
    3 people like this.
  15. Greenhead

Greenhead Senior Agent

That did the trick, thanks!

16. urnammu

urnammu Active Agent

I solved this without figuring out what the first picture means, and I'd be interested in what exactly the link to the second picture is too.

Perhaps the arrow is related to the orientation of the map playing a role here? How did you link this to Romuald, since his year of birth does not seem to be known exactly? I also have trouble extracting a year from that symbol...

17. VirtusVotis

VirtusVotis Senior Agent

Hey Urnammu, sorry I didn't see your post right away.

Anywho, the second picture is
    And as for the
    symbol, I played with it, and eventually worked out some possible values for the center of the square based on info here, but was never sure if I was on the right track or not. Long story short: I thought the missing values pointed to a date, and I linked that date to Romuald somehow, but I don't quite remember whether it was just a straight conversion from letters to number values or whether there was an intermediate step.

18. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Absolute EXCELLENT ENDING!

I called that from the start! I am REALLY hyped now to see what exactly Season 3 holds for us. The live missions are going to be absolutely nuts, I am sure of it. Undoubtedly, SIGIL is gonna do some major crap, now. Everyone get hyped, it's gonna get real.

[​IMG]
    Edited for grammar

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016
    3 people like this.
  19. NomenLuni

NomenLuni Senior Agent

Finally completed season 2. Great ending. Looking forward to seeing where the story goes next.

4 people like this.
  20. Watch2300

Watch2300 New Agent

NICE!
    Can't wait for the upcoming season. :D