Mission #24

Discussion in 'Missions Center' started by raul_ct, Mar 4, 2016.

1. raul_ct

raul_ct Moderator

Mission 24 thread.
    Fell free to post hints and ask for help if you are stuck, but dont post the answer.
    Adding more info(like clues) as it get posts.

24-1 Rental Car

Follow the instructions given - this is an easy 'hack'

Instead of going down the list and checking what vehicles fit the requirements, start with the requirements and see what vehicles you find to match the list

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24-2 Echoes in the Wind

If you wish to download the file for your own manipulation and analysis, go to https://a.clyp.it/cs1douwm.mp3 and right-click, save as.

Note this nudge is valid for both the audio and STORMCHASER variants of the mission:
    We seem to have two distinct sounds here - a wind whistle and a thunderclap.
    Do you know of any system of audio communication that uses two distinct sounds?
    Not one sound and silence, but two distinct sounds.
    If you scrolled down the page to see this post, you may have seen the answer above.

It was
    Morse Code

Which of the two sounds is shorter? Which is more drawn out?

Use the player on the audio clip web site to provide a visual aide to help you with the transcription of the code.
    Are the sounds coming in bunches with silence between them?

If you are rusty with your code translation (what, you don't use it every day?) find a website to help you.
    It can still be a challenge, I wasn't able to decode the whole message accurately, but I was able to get the answer from the context of what I could decipher.

STORMCHASER:
    Read the hints above.
    You know that wind whistles for a long time, but a thunderclap booms quickly (by comparison) after a flash of lightning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24-3 Falcon Nest

This one is straight forward based on the hint given.

Optional Hint, easily solved without it:
    Haven't we been in this building with Azuro before?

24-4 Control Panel

Observe ALL the documents given to you.
    Does our agent stress any terms?
    Do you recognize any symbols?
    What kind of container is that?

Bigger Nudges:
    Wow, how many watts does the measurement show?
    What dangerous electricity-powered devices would require eye protection?
    Does that container look like it is meant to stand still? Or would you say it can travel?

Final Nudges:
    One trillion (10^12) watts is not a kilowatt, or a gigawatt...
    Light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation
    If that container were in your contact list, its phone number wouldn't be listed under work or home. (man that one is a stretch)

Okay fine, one more cryptic nudge:
    One Quadrillionth of a Second.

thx to @berzerk0 for the nudges

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    berzerk0 likes this.
  2. zaelong

zaelong Division-79

i dont know about you guys, but i seriously belive azuro has been compromised by the enemy;
    not only does he actually talk, there isnt a single line of code hidden inside the image he provides us...
    i say this is very suspicous

berzerk0 likes this.
  3. DeiDhena

DeiDhena Senior Agent

Did some steps of noise reduction via Audacity on the weather recording, it seems to me that
    some single tone sounds are hidden there, resembling a morse code, of which i get something like 16 single letters,
    with no sensible meaning tho. Any hint?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2016
  4. PapaD

PapaD Senior Agent

I agree with you, also looking in the same direction but struggling to ascertain any meaning from the morse code.
    I would like to add that I am partially deaf, so not an easy task for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2016
  5. raul_ct

raul_ct Moderator

spoiler tags please

6. zaelong

zaelong Division-79

i really wonder how you got the soundfile on audacity, since there wasnt an actual downloadlink in the site...
    but you are right on it being morse
    audacity might help you, but its not necessary; just focus on the length of the lightning strikes and the length of the wailing winds
    those are your dots and dashes

4 people like this.
  7. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

Add .mp3 to the end of the URL, right click and save.

5 people like this.
  8. urnammu

urnammu Active Agent

I'm having a hard time making sense of this
    What matters to convert this into Morse, that the sound is wind or a thunderclap, or that the sound is long or short?
    I've tried both options, but without success...

9. DeiDhena

DeiDhena Senior Agent

That is the right path, as a matter of fact:
    Morse code is binary, that means it is based on two values. Furthermore, the two values are clearly identified by one attribute, in this case a sound dependent one (thunder or wind). Traditional Morse transmission identifies the two values by the length of the sound. Finally you can guess that thunder sound is more a 'dynamic' burst than wind sound. So you can tell which is a . and which is a __

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2016
  10. crux

crux Special Adviser

For accessibility reasons, we have added an additional support mechanic for agents whose hearing is impaired. A new clue has been added that will provide an additional hint within the mission and the client has been updated with this extra clue.

2 people like this.
  11. Wo1fsBan3

Wo1fsBan3 Senior Agent

Keep in mind...
    Morse code doesn't use spaces
    Also, I may be giving too much away with this, but...
    This won't work... you need seven orange stars to summon this guy

12. exibition

exibition Senior Agent

Stuck at 24.2.
    Either I am really bad in writing down the sounds, or (and) the decoder that I am using is crap.
    Any nudge welcome...

SOLVED. It is important to pay attention to the pauses

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2016
  13. exibition

exibition Senior Agent

24.3 - the solution is very simple. Just pay attention to the audio and what is the request

14. Willowmyst

Willowmyst Active Agent

I'm really stuck at 24.4 of this mission, and I can't help but think the solution is staring me in the face.

So far I've been following the route of searching for communication laser devices but everything has come up with a dead end

Any kind of a nudge would be greatly appreciated.

15. Watch2300

Watch2300 New Agent

It took me also some time to find the answer.
    Give the following a thought;
    The containers give access to mobility.
    The letter says;"measurements are in Tera Watts"[\Spoiler]

16. Willowmyst

Willowmyst Active Agent

Solved, many thanks Watch2300

17. berzerk0

berzerk0 Active Agent

Nudgery:

Nudges provided in this post will include hints that include information hinted at in posts before it.
    If you wish, you can look at this post and get all hints given in this thread before this post was made.

24-1 Rental Car

Follow the instructions given - this is an easy 'hack'

Instead of going down the list and checking what vehicles fit the requirements, start with the requirements and see what vehicles you find to match the list

24-2 Echoes in the Wind

If you wish to download the file for your own manipulation and analysis, go to https://a.clyp.it/cs1douwm.mp3 and right-click, save as.

Note this nudge is valid for both the audio and STORMCHASER variants of the mission:
    We seem to have two distinct sounds here - a wind whistle and a thunderclap.
    Do you know of any system of audio communication that uses two distinct sounds?
    Not one sound and silence, but two distinct sounds.
    If you scrolled down the page to see this post, you may have seen the answer above.

It was
    Morse Code

Which of the two sounds is shorter? Which is more drawn out?

Use the player on the audio clip web site to provide a visual aide to help you with the transcription of the code.
    Are the sounds coming in bunches with silence between them?

If you are rusty with your code translation (what, you don't use it every day?) find a website to help you.
    It can still be a challenge, I wasn't able to decode the whole message accurately, but I was able to get the answer from the context of what I could decipher.

STORMCHASER:
    Read the hints above.
    You know that wind whistles for a long time, but a thunderclap booms quickly (by comparison) after a flash of lightning.

24-3 Falcon Nest

This one is straight forward based on the hint given.

Optional Hint, easily solved without it:
    Haven't we been in this building with Azuro before?

24-4 Control Panel

Observe ALL the documents given to you.
    Does our agent stress any terms?
    Do you recognize any symbols?
    What kind of container is that?

Bigger Nudges:
    Wow, how many watts does the measurement show?
    What dangerous electricity-powered devices would require eye protection?
    Does that container look like it is meant to stand still? Or would you say it can travel?

Final Nudges:
    One trillion (10^12) watts is not a kilowatt, or a gigawatt...
    Light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation
    If that container were in your contact list, its phone number wouldn't be listed under work or home. (man that one is a stretch)

Okay fine, one more cryptic nudge:
    One Quadrillionth of a Second.

raul_ct likes this.