Mission 14

Discussion in 'Missions Center' started by dylanamite, Dec 17, 2015.

1. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Use this thread to discuss Mission 14 of Season 2.
    Feel free to post theories, clues, hints, or anything else, as long as you DO NOT POST THE ANSWER.

I will keep this thread updated as more gets posted.

2. cronkllr

cronkllr Clearance Level: Gold & Black

Can anyone give a nudge on 14.5

I have found the nickname of the team, but I cannot find a cryptobin link anywhere. ANY advice would be appreciated

3. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

You've used the football and the word. There's still something you haven't used!

4. cronkllr

The only other thing we see ( the other agents in channel right now is the recycling arrows. and the tiny url image inside. We have tried apodo but no avail. coming up at a dead end , down the rabbit hole and 4 right turns.

5. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

You've already used Apodo. Ignore that and the football.
    You know you're looking for a cryptobin link. What could the symbol mean in terms of finding the link?

6. cronkllr

Fantastic mission., Very challenging and a great way to Lead the season into more challenging endeavors.

[​IMG]

7. satyreyes

satyreyes Senior Agent

I could use a nudge on 15.4. I was so happy with myself...
    "That message ends with two equal signs!" I thought. "I know exactly what that is!" Proudly, I went to the appropriate decryption tool, and got... something more complicated. Looks like a bunch of parameters: iv, v, iter, and others. Making educated guesses about what I see with some help from Google, I think it's a message in AES-192? But I have no idea how to decrypt AES-192 (or any other kind of AES). Am I on the right track?

8. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

@satyreyes I can't tell what you're having trouble with, but I'd love to help you out if you're stuck. I'll be in and out of the IRC until 9pm UTC today, so you can PM me there, or you can PM me here on the forums.
    There isn't a mission 15 in this set, and I don't think any of the mission 14 modules had encrypted text... but it's early and I'm still waking up

9. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

They mean 14.4
    Help:
    You've found the Cryptobin, which is a way of using AES encryption to encode text with a password.
    Pretty much cryptobin is nice easy website to encode text and all you need to find is a password!

10. satyreyes

satyreyes Senior Agent

Yes, 14.4. Haha, yes, I was making it too complicated. Got past that particular roadblock, anyway! Now I just need to figure out what's up with the poultry. >.<

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
  11. PapaD

PapaD Senior Agent

I am stuck at unlocking 14.4, tried a few hundred words but no joy. Any pointers please
    I have the cryptobin file, now struggling with the password, tried a lot of words based on the image, and from his persona file, wifes name, parrots name, book the parrot is from, author of the book and such but no luck

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
  12. PapaD

PapaD Senior Agent

Found the answer with help due to me being colour blind!!
    look at the whole image and find the relevance between the colours (yellow+blue) and the image, then search for what you see

13. PapaD

PapaD Senior Agent

14.5 thoughts so far:
    I am looking at the picture and it links to Caracas FC who's colours are red and black I believe or union Lara who's logo is a football. From other tips its suggested that the tiny url can be recycled, and that gives me a cyptobin file. Encrypted text ******** from 3:35pm, December 17th, 2015 EST, seems to new I think?
    but if so I n
    eed the right password now?
    updated but still unsure...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2015
  14. Aquilas

Aquilas Senior Agent

My PC crashed during Mission 14. So it is split into 2 parts again.

Furthermore this is a WARNING TO ALL! There is a very tiny glimpse of sexual content during the stream due:

To utilizing the wrong tiny URL shortener (there are several)

It is very brief and you may miss it...though you prob won't miss my reaction to it.

S2 Mission 14 Part 1: http://www.twitch.tv/jkkennedy/v/31280661
    S2 Mission 14 Part 2: http://www.twitch.tv/jkkennedy/v/31281232

15. PapaD

PapaD Senior Agent

ok the cryptobin link date is correct having found the password, and its not the team I thought originally
    I have now found the final answer but it is not accepting it, maybe due to the funny lettering or the capital letters not sure.
    4,5,7,4,7,4 letters

16. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Make sure you include the accented letters in your answer.

17. PapaD

PapaD Senior Agent

ok thanks got it now, all done and thanks

18. velocipedal

velocipedal Active Agent

Yeah...
    The answer REALLY should have been that first team you looked into, huh? I went that route too. Made more sense.

19. PapaD

PapaD Senior Agent

it made more sense given the location but if it was that easy.........

20. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

So, I was going back over old missions in order to check on a couple of things, and noticed something I hadn't before.
    In Agent Azuro's message, he mentions Angostura. He's currently stationed in Caracas, but Angostura is the old name for Ciudad Bolívar, which is the capitol of Venezuela's southeastern Bolívar state. Here is the wiki page on it. Not sure if I just missed us being told that Angostura is the next rift site or what, but I don't remember it being mentioned.