Mission 12

Discussion in 'Missions Center' started by dylanamite, Dec 17, 2015.

1. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Use this thread to discuss Mission 12 of Season 2.
    Feel free to post theories, clues, hints, or anything else, as long as you DO NOT POST THE ANSWER.

I will keep this thread updated as more gets posted.

2. Aquilas

Aquilas Senior Agent

3. Wo1fsBan3

Wo1fsBan3 Senior Agent

Okay... so part 1 of this mission... what on earth are they looking for? I have no idea

4. Krazek

Krazek Active Agent

Been enjoying going through season 2 a lot but I had a difficult time with 12.1 as well, so I thought I'd write some hints for any future investigators.

Read the report Wheeler sends you, all the information you need to figure out what was responsible for the activity is in there.
    What are the facts that jump out? Women, volcanoes, Chilean mythologies, sacrifices. Search accordingly.
    You're looking at the Inca Empire and their gods aren't you? That's too far in the past. The Chilean people have their own mythologies, gods and creatures.
    There was a 1960 Chilean sacrifice to 'calm the earth and ocean' you might have come across. It's unrelated to our case, but pay attention to which religion was involved, you'll find the answer in their myths.

5. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Senior Agent

Need assistance on part 12.2. I'm trying to trace the bitcoin transaction in blockchain, but when I enter the cryptocurrency address of the largest transaction, it doesn't show any results. What am I doing wrong (or more likely, overlooking)?

6. codex-13

codex-13 Moderator

Try copy-pasting it into a notepad file first, and making sure you delete the break that's in the middle of it before you search the address.

7. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Senior Agent

This is the address I entered:
    18eb4U6JxXw8D7kMbEmfjwnutD2LMvyVC
    Still no joy...

8. codex-13

codex-13 Moderator

You're missing a 'z' at the end.

9. Athene Noctua

Athene Noctua Active Agent

Hopefully, you've figured it out by now but, if not...

compare what you've posted here, with the code in the table; you may want to paste it into a notepad or textedit file to ensure you've not left in extraneous spaces, nor omitted any characters