Mission 1(beta): Gather Intel

Discussion in 'Archived Missions' started by Sonne, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

I'm cleaning up my BW diary and while trying to replay Mission 1 it is not accepting the answer that I remember previously passed.
    In the Step: Pattern Recognition, I remember the answer being
    the case number for the arson investigation of Rev Hubert Lawrence, 88415
    would somebody please verify I have the right answer - or that this is bugged?

2. Santiak

Santiak MIA

That is, unfortunately, not the right answer - but you're close. :)

3. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

Thank Santiak for setting me straight.
    Since there isn't a spoiler thread for this mission, here are the answers:
    Pattern Recognition:
    What is the victim's profession?
    What is common to the other victims in the same profession?
    ARSON
    Find a Key Clue
    What did the witness report from the crime scene that may have ritualistic significance?
    What symbol did the witness see that may have ritualistic significance?
    CROWN

4. Relana Madec

Relana Madec New Agent

I entered
    "three-pointed crown"
    as my first answer. It wasn't accepted. I can't remember if it was "incorrect" or "500 Internal Server Error".
    I tried a few other possibilities, gave up and came here to find the answer, used Sonne's solution, but it's giving me the "500 Internal Server Error" message. Is that an actual server error, or the game's way of telling me that answer is still incorrect? (The Pattern Recognition part of the mission gave me no server errors and the answer was accepted.)

Related question: Do the answers need to be exact, or does the system parse for the correct info (if Sonne's solution is correct, would my first answer have been acceptable?)

5. Greenstarfanatic

Greenstarfanatic Senior Agent

The Server Error is an actual server error, and it's happening to quite a few people as of late. Don't worry, they're working on it. I assume.

As for the answers needing to be exact, it kind of depends on how the format is. If the answer is XXX XXXXX XXXXXX, it would accept 'The Crown Jewels' as an answer, but not 'Crown Jewels'. If it's 'Insert Code' for the answer format, then there may be some opening for being close. I remember there was at least one case with this, where there were several accepted forms of the answer, but I don't remember exactly which ones. :p

6. Relana Madec

Relana Madec New Agent

My answer was accepted on another try.
    Thanks for the help, Greenstarfanatic! :)

7. Rolan Storm

Rolan Storm Active Agent

I tried to feed case file numbers to a console, which it did not accept because case number is not a case pattern. :)