Mini-puzzles

Discussion in 'Fan & Sandbox Missions' started by Asariel, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

I wanted to know if the community would be interested in a thread of mini puzzles. No overarching arcs/mission, just one off puzzles that are player designed, to keep our brains active and sharp! (Methinks, after what was hinted at in the last AMA, we are going to need it). For example, we could post player made puzzles, riddles, small encoded messages, pictures etc. What do you think?

9 people like this.
  2. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

I think I like the spider.
    I also think the puzzles would be a great way to train.

3. Vismal

Vismal Gold Member

Santiak had a small little Japanese poem/haiku thing if I remember, and that was neat. I learned a lot (and learned that I had a lot left to learn regarding that).
    But yeah, small scale puzzles would be neat. To keep us sharp.

4. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

Ok then: anyone who wants to play, post your puzzles in this thread. The only rule is that it should be a one off puzzle or riddle, no arcs or storylines. :)
    (Now I have to toodle off and make one, too)

5. Rowyne

Rowyne Division-79

Having just learned pigpen (my homework is done) I would love mini puzzles. Sharp mind and new skills in this agents toolbox would be welcomed. And always good to teach this old dog....er agent new tricks.

6. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

Allright... This was my idea, so I will go first... image.jpg

2 people like this.
  7. riningear

riningear Division-79

So in the last word, are those three letters supposed to be all the same? If so... interesting. :p

8. Timothy Fox

Timothy Fox Gold Member

that may be 2 separate words, I haven't heard of any words with a triple letter like that

9. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

I don't think I am supposed to do hints, unless people really get stuck... Mua hahahahaha

2 people like this.
  10. riningear

riningear Division-79

It wouldn't make sense, because (1) spaces are already present on the document and this isn't distinguishable, and (2) given 1 is true, "A" is already defined as something else.

11. riningear

riningear Division-79

....but now I'm thinking it's intentional. ~n~

12. Rowyne

Rowyne Division-79

Think I have it! Will send in via in game mail!

13. bljkr

bljkr Gold Member

*chuckles* Nice use of the extra line to help muddy the waters a little. Did you do the lettering by hand? (Curious)

14. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

Yes, I did. :) hence the blot, because I messed up but didn't want to start over. :p

15. Zargh

Zargh Moderator

I must admit...i am completely out of any idea :)
    I never saw such symbols before, and i am looking and searching the internet for more than several hours :)
    Nice one, will give me more headache...driving to the drugstore now, getting me some aspirine :)

16. Amprom

Amprom New Agent

Hi all
    Im completely new to this arg thingy. But ive pledged and hope it really gets off the ground.
    Anyway, im posting a new riddle. Apologies if u all know it already.

Give me a genuine sentence with the word 'and' 5 times in a row.

17. Asariel

Asariel Division-79

Sorry, I didn't mean to break your brain...

18. Zargh

Zargh Moderator

Ok. Brain fixed. Puzzle also. But i got a little help...

Nice one, good work, thank you Asariel for the fun i had :)

19. Vismal

Vismal Gold Member

Sending you answer in PM.

20. Zerosh

Zerosh Sleeper Agent

@Asariel, thank you very much. This will keep me busy at class and will prevent me from shooting my teachers in the head for throwing bullshit at me for 2 hours straight :)