Message #1210

Discussion in 'Archived Missions' started by ChilePete, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Beckett

Beckett Active Agent

That would be great - it's a four hour train ride for me, and I might not make it at all.

2. Zerosh

Zerosh Sleeper Agent

Agent @dylanamite has come up with a great idea IMHO.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/australia/comments/3dtskw/can_anyone_in_sydney_melbourne_or_brisbane_help/

But I think we could be more persuasive. I'd use a message like the following posing as a Psychology student looking for help. If anyone ask for more info, we could say that the thesis is about how people behave when is asked for help by an stranger, or somthing like that.
    I'm currently working on my Psychology thesis on Human Behaviour and I need a little help. All I need is one person who can send me 4 photos [insert location here] following this instructions:
    • "Any medium-high traffic bus station. Photo of station and surroundings."
    • "Any medium-high traffic inter-city train station. Photo of station and surroundings."
    • "Any medium-high traffic metro, subway or inner-city light rail station. Photo of station and surroundings (interior or exterior of station)."
    • "Any taxi within a city. Photo of exterior of vehicle."
    • The co-ordinates of where the photos were taken.
    • They must be taken by this volunteer itself, photos found online doesn't count.
    The deadline is 17.00 UTC Monday, so I'm in a bit of a rush.
    It'd be greatly appreciated if anyone could help me out here! Thanks a lot!

Also feel free to PM me for more information.

Doing a quick calculation:
    9 cities -> 21% mission success
    24 current cities -> 56% current mission success
    I think we need all the help we can gather to at least archieve a 75% so I say we use @dylanamite's idea and flood social media asking for help.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2015
    2 people like this.
  3. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

Yeah, unfortunately I learnt the hard way that asking people to take photos of train stations could be seen as... suspicious to say the least. But honestly I think we could make use of online sites such as reddit for finding contacts in other cities where we have none

2 people like this.
  4. Eveningfall

Eveningfall Senior Agent

Photos taken in Oslo. Sending to HQ as soon as possible.

5. Tutsie

Tutsie Senior Agent

I'm not entirely sure of the etiquette as I'm still new to the black watchmen, but what about agents that have posted in the recent Location, Location, Location thread? Infection posted in there that they are from Sydney, but it's hard to know if they are aware of the current live mission? Is it appropriate to send a PM saying "hey, not sure if you know this is happening, but we could use your help.." or do we just assume people would be involved if they want to be involved? :)

2 people like this.
  6. Bink

Bink Senior Agent

Phoenix complete.

2 people like this.
  7. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

I'd say it's most likely worth checking that thread for anyone in the cities we still need and sending them a message.
    They've posted on the forums so I'd assume they're involved in the Black Watchmen, and this is an official mission!

3 people like this.
  8. Rohva

Rohva Gold Member

I can finish up Austin today. I was leaving the last two in case someone else wanted to get in on the fun too. I should have them done in a few hours if no one else jumps on them by then.

9. Medenor

Medenor Senior Agent

Brussels completed :)

4 people like this.
  10. Beckett

Beckett Active Agent

Recon photographs from Berlin submitted.

-EDIT-
    ...and unlocked. Dispatch work fast today.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2015
    2 people like this.
  11. Valyna

Valyna Active Agent

Please let me know if the Munich contact managed to get the pictures.
    If I don't hear anything until Monday noon (local time, MESZ), I'll go.

2 people like this.
  12. Bach

Bach Senior Agent

Copy that!
    The work of my contact was slightly delayed but at least I've got coordinates for a Taxi. The remaining intel will be delivered to me tomorrow morning. I'll report back with the results till tomorrow 11 o'clock MESZ.

2 people like this.
  13. Silverfox

Silverfox Senior Agent

If Atlanta was there yesterday, I could have done that. It will end the day before I head back.

14. XistEnCe

XistEnCe Active Agent

Nice! Give me a shout if anything else is needed as I'm in the Oslo area.

2 people like this.
  15. Bach

Bach Senior Agent

Update on Munich:
    Receiving the required photos right this moment. Inter-city and urban train, subway, bus and taxi have been covered.
    Sending the intel to HQ ASAP.

3 people like this.
  16. Valyna

Valyna Active Agent

Excellent!
    Staying at home and standing by for action.

17. Greenhead

Greenhead Senior Agent

My contacts didn't come through. I sent a picture of the main Rome train station, but that's all. Dammit!

18. JantsoP

JantsoP Division 88 Manager

Div66_Dispatch Agents
    Div66_Dispatch Because of your hard work, we have 34 cities unlocked for the extraction plan.
    Div66_Dispatch We now await a message from subject LI9S2W.
    Div66_Dispatch An information package will be sent out to all active agents with details on how to proceed, analysts will have it prepared shortly. We must bring subject LI9S2W into our control safely.
    Div66_Dispatch Good luck agents, if we have further intel for you to act on we will return to provide info on this channel

19. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

So guys, we've hit the deadline. I'm amazed with how well the community has worked together over the past weekend and I think we can all be proud of ourselves!

Div66_Dispatch
    Because of your hard work, we have 34 cities unlocked for the extraction plan.
    We now await a message from subject LI9S2W.
    An information package will be sent out to all active agents with details on how to proceed, analysts will have it prepared shortly. We must bring subject LI9S2W into our control safely.
    Good luck agents, if we have further intel for you to act on we will return to provide info on this channel [The IRC]

20. Medenor

Medenor Senior Agent

If someone have time for it, it could be interesting to archive this mission on the wiki ;)
    I shall have done it, but I don't have time these days