Kickstarter Trailer (possible Secrets?)

Discussion in 'Archived Missions' started by Santiak, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Heyho folks,

It has been hinted that there might be something for us to find in the new Kickstarter trailer (link to file here).

I thought it prudent to create a thread for the purposes of investigating this further, both for the sake of having a readily visible archive of what has and hasn't been investigated, but also to co-ordinate between those who tend to primarily operate on IRC, as well as those of us who primarily lurk here on the forums.

As always, you can join IRC now via this web client.

So, anyone found anything?

For those just joining, here's a quick overview of the how and what that's been found so far.

After some searching, Bats linked the ticker of the trailer, namely the "Barbizon Hotel Opening" bit, to a specific website.
    It was then noted, that there was a seemingly out-of-place piece of art located in one of the rooms.
    The picture, found on the TV in the Apartment Suite, was identified as Gustave Dorés "Dante Speaks to the Traitors in Ice", based on Canto 32 of Dante Alighieris "The Divine Comedy".
    After some time, dancingtheghost noticed a stray "h" on the room description of the Apartment Suite. Inspecting the room showed a more grievous coding error: "h<>". Inspecting the source code, she found a hidden message.
    <!-- Subfolder: Dante / File: VDVuEb13.txt -->
    Which, in turn, lead her to both the pastebin of the same file name, as well as the text file in the hidden sub-folder on the site itself.
    Vomher found the next piece of the puzzle, before it was planted on the site.
    Using the same filename as before, he came across a tinyurl leading to a new Gustave Doré engraving, namely "The River Styx" attached to the wikipedia entry regarding the River Styx itself.
    Shortly after, the appliances in the Double Deluxe room started acting up, showing the image already found by Vomher.
    Subsequently, a pre-existing but hitherto unnoticed piece was discovered by Makaruda in the Single Deluxe room.
    The painting above the bed, identified as Les chênes d'Apremont (The Oaks of Apremont) by Théodore Rousseau, had replaced the previous painting, which can be seen here.
    The final, high probability clue, was found in the second AMA held on the 29th of August.
    Another engraving by Gustave Doré, namely "The New Jerusalem", could be seen in the background.

This is, for now, as far as we've progressed.
    In addition, you can find the google doc established for this investigation here, and the mind-map made by thatangryviking.

In addition, Catalyst has crawled the site in question, and compiled a list of the findings: Comments - Pages - Attachments.

Keep in mind that these do contain spoilers in plain view.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
    4 people like this.
  2. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

In off topic? I feel like this should be in general!

Thatangryviking has turned the video into uncountable frames for investigating HERE.

We believe that there is something at Randall Recchi's IP address, 69.51.202.77

Port 6164616d is hex for Adam
    VkFORVNTQV9CQVVQ is base64 for Vanessa_Baup, linking her identity with Patient Alpha. (patient/alpha/VkFORVNTQV9CQVVQ.zip)

Anything I'm missing?

2 people like this.
  3. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Good point. :oops:

*looks at the clock blinking 5:30 A.M. and frowns*

4. Ugly

Ugly Senior Agent

I was curious about that IP as well, it looks like it is linked to the domain equation1.multialtos.com. A quick poke shows ftp, http, https, smtp, pop3, imap, and msa-outlook running. I tried to log in to the ftp a couple times, but I didn't want to hit it too much without any real goal in mind.

A note on the 6164616d, generally in the use of scp that would be the remote filename, not the port.

2 people like this.
  5. Bats

Bats Division 93: Covert Grammatical Ops Battalion

If I remember correctly, HE's got a whole mess of stuff hosted off of that system (some from ARGs, some not) - so pounding on anything via the multialtos address is probably bad form. But, not surprisingly, rosenbergclinic.com also uses that IP.

Also of note in the video is the ticker on the news clip. It mentions new craters in Siberia - probably rupture-related, but hard to look up online - and a new Barbizon hotel opening in Montreal. Someone who actually played Yellow Curtain can hopefully fill in the details, but I've stumbled across assorted sites suggesting that in that ARG there was a Barbizon Group entangled somehow with Qadhos and the Bilderberg Group. Considering both Adam Rosenberg and the Situation Room are now described as having connections to Qadhos (and that early tweet claiming that TBW somehow came about due to/during/out of the remains of the Qadhos Group's collapse), it looked like a promising lead.

-Bats

2 people like this.
  6. Ugly

Ugly Senior Agent

For those with more patience than me (which is probably a lot of people, and probably various small mammals), here are all the frames from the video in a zip file.
    https://app.box.com/s/5oob616nh635wrxl455q

2 people like this.
  7. Bats

Items of possible interest:

In the first film leader, it counts down 4, 3, 2, as expected, then starts jumping around erratically... as best I could make out:
    4,[foot],3[picture][head]2,5[film]3[nine],8,10X,12X, 3,[16 sound start], 3, [nine],X,5

0:29 there are three digits dialed on a touchtone (one digit, then a ring, then the other two). Unfortunately I can no longer identify DTMF tones by ear, and can't hook up a phone for comparison until at least tomorrow

0:46 ~$ sudo start hack/breach-pz1976.sh - have we seen this before (besides the obvious 1976)?
    I've found https://www.youtube.com/user/PZ1976/ , https://myspace.com/pz1976/, and http://www.amazon.com/pz1976-b-Foremans-Social-Neighborhood-Light/dp/B00AJMDKRY , and http://www.forexfactory.com/pz1976 when searching on pz1976, but nothing that looks likely (or recent)

0:53+ (mostly in order, although they flash and repeat a lot)
    <135445547>
    <CONT 66452318>
    <453267>
    <35468>
    <12540063>
    <6512331102894>
    <ERROR/126112B>
    <46546813348XX>
    <2002/05>
    <0023502138020308>
    <2057-4566/12>
    <2001/01>
    of note, <2002/05> often appears over <35468>

1:47 (more film leader stuff) TYPE X NINE <<< 5? 12 10 789
    with the <<< being the image from the monitor in this shot:
    https://www.facebook.com/1445197109...827.1445197109079196/1449841111948129/?type=1

2:03 (more film leader stuff) [9 NINE] [04-43-1] [9 NINE] 2 [FL 12] 4 - the "04-43-1" appearing in the label of... a laboratory slide? a venn diagram for three things of two different magnitudes that in no way overlap? There are also some scribbly bits that may or may not be artifacts of film leader footage.

I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have to work on this tomorrow and my brain's pretty shot tonight, so I wanted to throw this out in case it gets anyone else running in the right direction.

-Bats

3 people like this.
  8. Conartist

Conartist Gold Member

The ticker during the weather forecast also mentions Two men found dead in car trunk.
    http://ktla.com/2014/08/13/two-men-found-dead-in-car-trunk-at-san-ysidro-border-crossing/

Also.. Weather forecast words do not match up with the lip movements...but i'm not that great a lip reader as to know what she is actually saying or if it's maybe just unsynced.

"High pressure continues to dominate across the country and it's going to be holding steady for the next few days so I hope you love this weather cause it's going to be sticking around.
    This is what it looks like right now. As you can see it's clear outside we're gonna be able to see the stars this evening. tomorrow and... Friday. So have some great sunny days...."

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
  9. Zerosh

Zerosh Sleeper Agent

Paranoia Mode: Activated
    [​IMG]

I have to look into that frames...

10. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Also notable is the blinking red lights above the wires, which have a braille pattern. An ironic twist on braille, visual and moving very quickly! Maybe someone wants to take a crack at the frames Viking posted on imgur and see of there's a pattern!

11. thatangryviking

thatangryviking Viking Turkey | The Bot Slayer

I'll have more frames posted tonight when I am home from the office.

12. Bats

6 people like this.
  13. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

Lol, opening soon since 2012, okay that smells funny.

14. Sonne

Sonne Division-79

Good find !
    Their contact page places them at 1031 Rue Lucien l'Allier, Montreal. Googlemaps street view has no hotel there, apparently Barbizon has only a web presence

15. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

Good job Cybertechs and Scientists, let's deploy Soldiers now.

16. Vismal

Vismal Gold Member

I'll deploy to the location when available today. Standby

11 people like this.
  17. thatangryviking

thatangryviking Viking Turkey | The Bot Slayer

Received email back from the Hotel. Good luck Vismal.

18. Vismal

Vismal Gold Member

19. Zekh

Zekh Dimensionaut

..well shit, that's empty as hell.
    I'm not sure this is the right place, and if it is, we'll need to get through those doors somehow.

20. Sonne

Sonne Division-79