Jarobi's Christmas Sandbox

Discussion in 'Fan & Sandbox Missions' started by Jarobi, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I have released a special Christmas sandbox mission today. Well, it has absolutely nothing to do with Christmas, and instead a lot more to do with Hip Hop, but I hope you will enjoy it none the less. You can find it in the Jarobi Sandbox campaign in your client.

To bridge the Hip Hop/Christmas gap, here is a video of DMX singing Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer.

2. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

There's another hip hop video everyone should be watching....

2 people like this.
  3. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

Post it. Do it, Dylan.

4. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

So, both @nikel and I are unable to see your sandbox in the client... I wanna be hip but I can't :(

5. DeiDhena

DeiDhena Senior Agent

Same here :-(

6. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

Same here.

7. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master

Oh, I found the problem. It is now active. Merry Boxing Day!

3 people like this.
  8. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

Going through the sandbox now, one of the puzzles is confusing me a little.
    For the puzzle 'Uprock', the document is asking for the name of the group home, while the client is asking for the legal name of the performer. I'm a little stumped on this one anyway, there's only one obvious(imo) answer, but I can't seem to find a permutation of their name or the name of the home in question that will work.

9. Jarobi

Jarobi Puppet Master

For Uprock
    The document is the same for the last four parts of the mission, each one is asking you to contact a different individual. So for Uprock, look for the person's legal name.
    That performer has no connection to a group home

10. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

Yeah, the Group home is for the Word is Bond one.

11. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

whelp. Apparently I'm bad at reading comprehension when it's late at night. Enjoying this romp through hip-hop though.

EDIT: Just finished it, it was kinda cool to step outside of what I know and do some research into things I have zero background in.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
    2 people like this.
  12. Wojteknology

Wojteknology Active Agent

Apparently I'm bad at everything. I'm having trouble with the very first puzzle. I have tried everything I can think of that deals with Def Jam and Russell Simmons (because of Krush Groove) and can't decipher the first cipher.

13. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

You have the answer, you just need to change the format. Try a few variations on what you've written about here.

14. jen-jen

jen-jen Active Agent

I'm still have trouble using the right decryption password.
    I have tried using Russell Walker, as that is his name in real life? I've tried with/without capitals, with/without spaces

15. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

The password is the difference between the movie version of the character and the real life person.

2 people like this.
  16. themadhuman

themadhuman Division-79

Regarding "word is bond"
    I think we are talking about KRS-One and Lacomb Avenue group home on Soundview Avenue in the Bronx....
    but how do I format it?

17. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

You're close, but not quite. Take a look at the relationship between KRS-One and Scott La Rock.

18. themadhuman

themadhuman Division-79

Tried that one last night, I swear it didn't work! thank you thank you

2 people like this.
  19. themadhuman

themadhuman Division-79

That mission was, forgive me, dope. However, the group home thing was a bit of a wild goose chase.
    The first one he was in was very hard to find... he met Scott in a shelter, having already been in group homes and shelters.
    But still and awesome mission, I love old school hip hop lore.

2 people like this.
  20. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

is it me, or is there a part missing?
    -----------------------------------------------------
    never mind i got it figured out
    the order in which the parts are lined up is really confusing, if you dont know the terminology

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2016
    2 people like this.