Is the Beta smaller than the alpha?

Discussion in 'General' started by tictaktoe333, Dec 2, 2018.

1. tictaktoe333

tictaktoe333 Active Agent

Sorry just a tad confused. Last time I played the early beta I swore there was more story content than is currently in the game. Whilst there wasn't any academy it seems strange to remove content and replace it rather than just add more content. Anyone able to shed some light on this? Cheers.

2. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

the old missions were removed because they didnt fit in the general story that the devs had in mind (or thats what id understood from a conversation in discord), but the actual amount of content is generally increased.
    sure theres only one mission set active, compared to the three mission sets earlier, but there is also a bounty system, which is like a timed mini mission and the academy for training.

also, the old missions were actually introduced to teach us how some of the new tools worked, rather than just being an actual mission, so they "might" make a return in the academy.

3. tictaktoe333

tictaktoe333 Active Agent

thanks man. Just played through 6 bounties yesterday but 2 of them were repeats which is a shame. Is the academy still being built because I can only access half of it at the moment?

I really like the idea of hivemind being user generated. I hope that there is some more noise in the game soon because IRL you have to narrow it down whereas here you only have one answer, the right answer haha. Unsure how the credits and loot currently work as well. I can't even figure out how to view my inventory in the beta haha