In Game Swag?

Discussion in 'General' started by Zenarchon, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Zenarchon

Zenarchon New Agent

Have i missed info on the in game items?
    I'm still waiting on mine from Kickstarter.

2. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

In-Game as in the TSW Hoodies or as-in the NT4 raid unit?

3. Zenarchon

Zenarchon New Agent

Sorry I should have been more clear. Hoodies and jackets for TSW.
    Thanks!

4. Steelgramps

Steelgramps Gold Member

Wasn't it going to be ingame for SWL? Or is it now both?

5. Zenarchon

Zenarchon New Agent

Originaly it was for TSW which is why i paid for it. This was long before SWL was announced. Myself i have no interest in SWL. I prefer the 'Classic' and i really hope the codes are still usable there.

6. Zenarchon

Zenarchon New Agent

Any News on This?

7. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

Hey! I addressed this (briefly) in the FAQ thread, you can find it here

8. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist Active Agent

We are awaiting an official answer. And in the case where the TSW stuff is not maintained, what compensation will be offered to those who are not SWL players.

Zenarchon likes this.
  9. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

(Disclaimer: I'm not a representative for A&S, just a forum moderator. All the information that I share in this post was found on official Discord server)

The official answer is that all NITE Team 4 rewards are going to be in Secret World Legends. Any new update on the crossover mission between Secret World Legends and NITE Team 4 will come from Alice & Smith, and currently there's nothing new to share on it. I'd imagine that updates on the ingame rewards and crossover mission won't happen until Funcom has put SWL on Steam and worked out some of the more persistent snags in the launch.

As for those who aren't Secret World Legends players, you can contact @Anashel to see if there's anything he might be able to offer you. But keep in mind that the rewards are, officially, only coming to Secret World Legends.

10. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist Active Agent

Zenarchon likes this.
  11. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

theres no use to fight this out over here, you are the one refusing to switch to legends, and funcom is the one that's responsible for delivering the codes. A&S is only the man in the middle.

12. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

It is entirely correct. The in game rewards are coming to Secret World Legends, not The Secret World. This is the official word on the matter. If you aren't going to be playing Secret World Legends, you can reach out to Anashel and see if there's an alternative he might be able to offer. The difficulty is that the character models were redone for SWL, and creating clothing items for both games isn't feasible. SWL is where new content is going to be, including the crossover mission. It doesn't make a lot of sense to put the rewards in TSW, when the mission associated with it will be in SWL.

13. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist Active Agent

Fight? I have always supported Anashel in his projects and I will continue.
    We just ask some legitimate questions. Even if A&S is not responsible to the Funcom decision, the fact is we have backed for rewards which were finally removed. And forcing us to play another game that strictly nothing to see with TSW is not a workable answer and a cruel lack of empathy for customers.

Zenarchon likes this.
  14. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

Secret World Legends is a relaunch of the Secret World. It has a lot to do with TSW, and that's where all new content in this universe's storyline will be released-- including backer rewards for NITE Team 4. If this is unacceptable to you, you can contact Anashel and try to come to a more acceptable outcome. I know he's away from the office this week, but will hopefully be around after this weekend. Leave a PM in his inbox, and he'll respond when he's back.

15. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist Active Agent

For a layperson, the packaging may look the same (same graphics, same story) but the fact is the game and its mechanisms have quite changed. If you had really played TSW - which I seriously doubt - you would not say that.
    In any case, Anashel does not always respond in private and we are many to wonder. It seems to be the most appropriate place to discuss it, whether you like it or not.

16. codex-13

codex-13 Senior Agent

I did play both, and I agree that mechanically they are dissimilar. That doesn't change the fact that SWL is where new content (including NITE Team 4 content) will be released.

17. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Hey guys!

I am sorry for not giving a more clear answer on that, but I simply don't have them for now. I know all our stuff will be in SWL but I don't know if the NT4 Backpack, hoodies and long coat will be also in TSW. These items will be created at the same time we create the cross-universe ARG between our two games and that should happen when we are hitting Early Access.

For the Park steam key, we should get them in the upcoming weeks.

Orion, Zenarchon and codex-13 like this.
  18. Zenarchon

Zenarchon New Agent

Any news?

19. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

is there any news on when to expect "the Park" gamekey's? i had completly forgotten about those, until funcom just announced that theyre offering a 60% discount on steam...
    and id like to transfer the chipmunk suit to legends...

Natalia X likes this.
  20. Zenarchon

Zenarchon New Agent

Nothing But Crickets. :(