I Just Bought The Game...

Discussion in 'General' started by Zyklon, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Zyklon

Zyklon Active Agent

Did I just waste my money? I saw a steam sale and decided I finally had the time.... now I am stuck at red clearance as no missions require my updated phone number or address. I look into missions, as I was so excited for the community engagement.... nothing. Neat puzzles, but the first season is archived, and even the second season I foolishly anted up and got in hopes to get in on the action, I find is ended, and there's a wonderful, vibrant community of activity... that has ended waiting for the next missions.
    The puzzles are neat, but everything seems dead. Did I just step in a day late and a dollar short?

2. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

The client missions are all still playable and they make up the majority of the game! The live events (the community aspect) only happen during Seasons which are now over until Season 3 begins.
    Nonetheless there are still a lot of us around! The community definitely isn't dead. I'd recommend hopping into the IRC and having a chat to some of us players in there

6 people like this.
  3. Zyklon

Zyklon Active Agent

That's a huge relief. I'll keep working at it.

2 people like this.
  4. Kakuzen

Kakuzen Gold Member

Yeah. This game is FAR from dead, Zyklon :) In fact, [dramaticvoice]IT HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN!!![/dramaticvoice]

But yeah, it's slow for right now, but that's only when it comes to missions. Keep in mind that soon, the sandbox missions will emerge. Those are missions created by the players themselves! It's a good way to keep occupied during the wait ;) Also, the devs usually throw in a live mission here and there just so things don't stagnate in-between seasons. For example, they had the Halloween missions, etc...

But yeah, the game isn't dead. Just be patient, and within the coming months you will find plenty of gameplay. After all, they build the story around the events of live missions, etc, so it can be hard to be quick, when you have to tie up loose ends and whatnot.

2 people like this.
  5. mgelles

mgelles Senior Agent

I'm still working my way through season 1. i don't know where you are missionwise at thiS point, but I'm happy to collaborate. Hopefully, Operation : Mother Russia will give us some of that live arg action we've been craving. It's one of the challenges of the persistent arg concept I suspect is to always have the potential to have a group of new players coming in. I was on the fence with game for about 6 months. Having learned about the game after season 2 was underway, I was woried about having to "catch up during real time Arging. I haven't done an arg in a few years, and I'm psyched for the opportunity.

2 people like this.