I have not received any TSW keys from the kickstarter

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Zenarchon, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Zenarchon

Zenarchon New Agent

I've been trying to find out (with no luck) why I have not received any of my TSW item keys from the KickStarter

Would someone please help me via PM?

2. Poisoness

Poisoness Active Agent

Considering the fact that TSW has decided to "re-launch" as SWL, the chances of us receiving the keys for TSW itself instead of SWL is slim. I, and many others, have been repeatedly asking for clarification on what is happening with the items (and mission) we bought, and only been ignored as a result (I tried both companies too). I'm a little miffed that Funcom had this planned since summer 2016 and didn't seem to bother informing this company, or did and they both still decided to sell these items during the Kickstarter, giving us basically false rewards since they would technically be for SWL, not TSW.

Whatever the issue is, I hope they come to a decision and actually inform us soon, hopefully making all rewards available for both games (or through TSW first so they can transfer to SWL, for those that choose to do so).

Zenarchon likes this.
  3. Zenarchon

Zenarchon New Agent

Thanks. I was wondering myself why I can never get an answer. Tried here, direct mail, Twitter, Facebook and always met with silence. Sigh. I thought maybe I was just looking in the wrong places.

Ty for the info.

4. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

No TSW keys have been sent, and yes the gear will be available for SWL. I will make an update on this weeks newsletter. I wanted a confirmation from Funcom that it was possible to do so before saying anything. Sorry for the delay!

Kakuzen and Jimbo9 like this.
  5. Windir

Windir Senior Agent

Since Funcom seems to be pretty clear, that they don't develop new content for TSW, I don't think they will put the mission in both games. Right now, they just focus on SWL and I don't think they have the resources to maintain both. They need the game to succeed and everything that attracts the new and old crowd will be used in SWL.

That's what they said on MP:
    „Anyone that owns The Secret World will be able to continue to play it. Secret World Legends will exist as a separate product so it will have its own account system, installation, server, etc. Future development will be focused on Secret World Legends exclusively.“

Since I am a GM, I will give SWL a chance, though I am not completely happy about it, especially with the way they handled/are handling it.

6. Windir

Windir Senior Agent

Well, to me it also seems like it is pretty much the same source code. And the problem is, that Funcom didn't come clean earlier and the backer things were advertised for TSW only. It would be nice if you had the things in both games. But I don't think Funcom will do this, since it seems like they don't really care about TSW anymore. And as I said before, they really need a success in SWL.

But while there is life, there is hope :)

7. kr4kon

kr4kon New Agent

So have anyone got their SWL or TSW rewards yet? o_O I'm bit out of the loop. Come to think, I didn't receive mine either

8. Windir

Windir Senior Agent

No, I haven't gotten those yet. At least I didn't see it. I only received the clothing from the ARG so far.

9. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

theres nothing yet
    last i heard about this was that the devs were also waiting for funcom to deliver their stuff
    one of the official statements was that wed hear more when funcom has SWL up to date (i asumed that would be at the tokyo roll out, but going by the SWL roadmap, it could also be the new "agent system" roll out, early 2018...

the devs did say theyd let us know when theres new info; given that that statement is 6 weeks old, means that there is no new info

kr4kon and Windir like this.