I Am Worried...

Discussion in 'General' started by Anashel, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

Calm before the storm?

2. Santiak

Santiak MIA

I do believe so, yes.
    Once the Kickstarter takes off, I'm rather sure that anyone and everyone who's gone into "Summer holiday" mode will be returning in full force, and that the sudden burst in activity and publicity will generate new users.

Add to that the fact that we've seen a relatively steady stream of new users, especially in view of the end of the previous fundraising attempt, and the dampening effect that must have had on a good amount of users back then.

As mentioned, TBW being on Kickstarter alone will generate some buzz, I suspect, and that bit of buzz will wake those who for one reason or another was in support of previous attempt, but for the moment being have gone silent.

I wouldn't worry. :)
    I'm rather silent myself as well - due to my girlfriend visiting from Korea. Despite of that, however, I am lurking these forums almost around the clock, so I can in good conscious say that quite a lot of people swing by the forums during the day.

(Sorry for the editing, brainfarts are prevalent at night, it would seem)

6 people like this.
  3. Vismal

Vismal Gold Member

I'm lurking mostly.
    Plus summer projects have popped up.
    Still keeping my eyes on the prize though.

4. Tyryt

Tyryt Senior Agent

Just not a whole lot going on ATM. I'm getting ready to go to Nova (a big gaming convention on the east coast). If you have flyers or cards or anything, I'd be more than happy to post/plant/etc them around the place. (it's at the end of aug)

5. Daedalus

Daedalus Division-79

I'd be more worried when we're active. We brake more things on missions then when we're sitting around.

2 people like this.
  6. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

My impression is the lot of us wont post if we don't have things to post about. Now that things are ramping up from summer break the storm is coming and I can't wait.

4 people like this.
  7. thatangryviking

thatangryviking Viking Turkey | The Bot Slayer

There's nothing to worry about, conserving energy so that we can get the masses engaged and pumped for the kickstarter so we can get this beast off the ground and running!

3 people like this.
  8. Santiak

Santiak MIA

*looks at the amount of activity and posts made in the last day*

Wait, what were we worried about again?

2 people like this.
  9. Ugly

Ugly Senior Agent

I'm guessing people will perk back up when there's something new to talk about. It does feel a bit worrisome that there will be 801 messages after I post this, and 405 of those are from 5 people.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  10. Daedalus

Daedalus Division-79

I'll spam out another 405 myself if you'd like.

2 people like this.
  11. Vismal

Vismal Gold Member

If you can sneak it past the ever watchful eyes of our moderators... and if you do anarchy anarchy anarchy!!!!!

3 people like this.
  12. Gr3ylok

Gr3ylok Senior Agent

13. Anashel

Anashel Puppet Master Staff Member

We already tested a standalone executable version of the Situation Room. So yeah, there may be a web-based and a executable version of the Situation Room. In the executable version, you will have a web browser and the chat built-in.

4 people like this.
  14. Bink

Bink Senior Agent

Well apparently twitter isn't a fast enough form of communication because once again I'm late to the party. Lol. Not everyone has time to read the forums all the time. Haha

15. Bink

Bink Senior Agent

An
    perhaps a companion app? I'm a bit biased though as I'm always on the go doing agenty stuff like grocery shopping or accounting work... Secret grocery shopping and secret accounting*

3 people like this.
  16. Santiak

Santiak MIA

Really digging the possibility of a standalone executable version. For me, it adds a great deal of immersion, and the prospect of lying on my couch one eye open, staring at a fullscreen "make-believe" situation room console, is much more alluring than doing the same at a border-removed browser window of same. :)

17. Daedalus

Daedalus Division-79

I've got a vision of it on the bigscreen while I rant at friends I've tricked into being my team with free food.

4 people like this.