How do you see the past seasons when you play them now?

Discussion in 'General' started by Lone Wolf, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Senior Agent

So, I was thinking about the upcoming Special Operation: WHITECHAPEL, as well as finding motivation to get back into playing Season 2, when I thought about this. When you play a past season, you play past Black Watchmen cases as though you were taking part in them as they happened. That being said, you could leave a case unfinished (like in my case of not having finished Mission __ in Season 2) and come back later, picking up where you left off as if you never left. This is obviously different from a live season when missions are periodically introduced as time goes on.

My question for you all is: do you slip into a bit of a role playing mentality when you play past seasons? For example, when I play past seasons, I think of them as simulations. A kind of training regiment for newer agents to familiarize them with the Agency, investigation techniques, how we operate, and where we currently stand. Basically, I think of it like the Animus from the Assassins Creed series (the whole DNA strand in the background of the client also kind of reinforces this analogy, for me anyway). Does anyone else think something like this...or am I just weird? (Given what we do here, that in itself would probably be an achievement.)

2. Mandraw

Mandraw Senior Agent

I must say I'm pretty engrossed in it, but then again I'm being able to play the game after years of waiting ( because of unfortunate IRL events) even tough I had pledged to the game back in 2014...

So for me, I'm playing it as I was there ( tough sometimes there are moments where I feel that something is missing...)

Just finished season 1 and wanting to dive in season 2, tough it's hard as I'm playing on my phone on a TeamViewer account linked to my pc... Which makes me believe that a native client for mobile would be totally playable.

Anyway I can totally understand the simulation POV ( sorry that you can't be weird, at least not in this instance ;) )

3. AgentZeus

AgentZeus Senior Agent

I didn't play Season 1 'live' and I was then playing catch up until I finished S2. I think you definitely miss some of the 'feel' of collaborating with other Agents when you don't play live. BUT having said that I was fully engrossed in the story and completely felt like I was playing whilst the events unfolded - I never thought of it as training (and even when I have gone back to old missions I am not sure I RP'd them as training - perhaps as i have a crap memory and they felt new!)

I hadn't thought about a dna/animus comparison - but i can't say it makes you sound weird as knowing this place you might end up being right!!! :)

4. 4tre

4tre Senior Agent

Hi Lone Wolf ! I'm also trying ot get back to the game and finish season 2 ^^ Let me know if you'd like to play together. I played S1 live and I do miss all the daily interactions when I was doing the missions. I do think having the "simulation" thinking isn't weird at all.

5. mgelles

mgelles Senior Agent

Trying to finish off season 2, myself. It definitely is a different experience than live. I'm quite greatful for the approach the puppetmasters have taken with the special ops allowing new players to catch up while still participating in Live events. Mother Russia completely hooked me and now Whitechapel motivating me to finish s2 I'm on 26 btw in case anyone is around that point