Help! I'm Trapped In The Lab! [sandbox]

Discussion in 'Fan & Sandbox Missions' started by nikel, Aug 29, 2015.

1. nikel

nikel Lab 1852 - Neurals

Hey. So. I kinda need your help.

NO NO NO Don't call one of the higher-ups! This is the kinda thing that's better suited to not getting the suits involved. That's why I'm calling you. Er, calling a guy to pass a message on to you.

Here's the deal: Some mysterious individual delivered a little, wooden box to the lab, and in true scientific fashion, I ordered a lab assistant to open it.

Ah lab assistants. It's great to be on top.

Anyway, blah blah blah cursed box blah blah mortal danger--You get the picture. I'm going to hide out and panic in here, but there's no connection to the internet so you get to do the grunt work for me. Find out the origin of the box. Having a name will help me outscience the curse.

Maybe then, we can figure out who's trying to kill me.

Oh, and please be quick. I want to be alive and we want to keep this quiet for both our sakes. Got it? Got it.

(I wanted to do something different! I'm planning to record a voicemail for it, too. One might say that this mission is more light-hearted in tone, but my life is in danger so it really isn't, you sicko.)

28 people like this.
  2. Stayfree

Stayfree New Agent

I went on the twitter mentioned in the note and the box has a few things special about it...

-The box itself is small and wooden
    -It looks as though it was "in and out of water for years"
    -It has a Star of David engraved inside the box
    -It was filled with red beads made of wood
    -It appears to be haunted (perhaps something that kills by suffocation and fire?)
    -It has some lettering carved in, but i have no clue what or how to decipher any of it.

link to twitter account: https://twitter.com/Lab1852

3. dbwj787

dbwj787 New Agent

Hi all!

Relatively new around here, recently completed the first season missions, and have begun the sandbox missions. I've completed the first phase of this mission, but the second phase has me a bit stumped -- any hints would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

4. Treble

Treble Senior Agent

The circled words are obviously supposed to mean or reference something. Try and think of what property of the words could help you get to a solution, and how you'd use it.

5. Dago1989

Dago1989 New Agent

I'm stuck in the first part of the mission. Because they are not native English speakers for safety have to find out what kind of spirit it is?
    I'm trying for three days please give me some guidance !

6. lunchweek

lunchweek Active Agent

Same here, any guidance?

7. dylanamite

dylanamite Moderator

I know that Nikel replied to some of the tweets on the twitter account that will help in decoding both the hebrew and the date.

8. Shattenjager

Shattenjager Active Agent

Still could use some assistance with this. All searches seem to give incorrect answers. Is focus on date? Artifact? Thanks.

9. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

I'm still brickwalling this one myself :/

10. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

I would say that all of the information is important, however you may want to start with information that is easier to put into a search engine. So searching a description of a box is not likely to give you many hits, but a specific date may give you a better jumping off point. Best of luck!

11. Bach

Bach Senior Agent

I'm having some trouble in part 2 of the mission...
    I can't wrap my head around the meaning or system of the circled words. The origin of the text is quite obvious but I don't know if that's relevant at all. I've even tried to fold the paperplane by using the template in the background of the text :D

12. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

The origin of the text isn't relevant to the solution, nor is the password you are looking for present on that page. Carefully examine all of the circles, including the 'empty' ones, and determine what the contents of each circle may represent.

13. Grey Ronin

Grey Ronin Active Agent

Still stuck on part 1.... I figured out the significance of the date, but none of the names associated with that date seem to be the answer. What am I missing here....?

14. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

You may have the date incorrect, double check your work.

15. Grey Ronin

Grey Ronin Active Agent

awww geeezzz... you're right. That was silly.

16. Bach

Bach Senior Agent

Thanks, that did it for me. I was thinking way too complicated... :D

17. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

Well I can't find anything further than a date and a translation so as no one is talking on IRC posting here one last time in the hope of some help

18. MidDipper

MidDipper Division-79

@Khalm, I've seen you in and out of the IRC a few times. The next time you're in, shoot me a message and I'll try to work through it with you. Or you can PM me here on the forums and I'd be happy to help you work through whatever is tripping you up.

19. Khalm

Khalm Gold Member

Appreciated the nudge tonight Middipper, I am now ready for part 2 :)

20. zaelong

zaelong Moderator

turned out i was realy close on the first answer; as in really close.
    right now im just frustrated that the site i needed really wants to have my money

and im glad cryptobin is online... sorta
    instead of cryptobin.org its cryptobin.co

lets hope it stays online for the time being

2 people like this.